Is Front 7 the Next Reconstruction Zone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Front 7 the Next Reconstruction Zone?

They need to stop spending money on guys in free agency the pats can get the same production from for absolute peanuts with mid round picks and even udfa types.

They just reload.

Scheme based pass rush only seems to apply for the pats. We sure can’t seem to generate any scheme over talent like production

Which is a huge disappointment, considering Flores was in the “system” for an NFL lifetime.

We had better Front 7 play with less talent at the end of last season. To me that says we will pull it around - coaching, scheme and players will have to prove it tho. I think we have a couple of pieces in place there with Wilkins and Baker.

But, having said that, you are correct. We will draft DE with one of our first picks in the draft next year.

We are also lacking a true number 1 receiver Need to address that even SOONER if you ask me!

Rome wasn't built in a day or a week. Let's give it a little time to gel before we go on a rebuild the front seven spree. Yes we looked bad, we did last year too. This was a massive improvement in comparison to week 1 last season .... Imagine had we not turned the ball over three times.....I don't know man, maybe I'm just spit ballin'.

Big difference is the team we were playing last year was an historical juggernaut, this is a patchwork Patriots team almost void of talent other than a couple OL, an aging Gilmore and the QB, which is why some of us expected a better performance.

Big difference is the team we were playing last year was an historical juggernaut, this is a patchwork Patriots team almost void of talent other than a couple OL, an aging Gilmore and the QB, which is why some of us expected a better performance.

true

With the 4 picks in the first 2 rounds I foresee a WR, RB and edge rusher being 3 of the 4. Unless those get addressed in FA.
Can't argue with a wide receiver or pass rusher. Running back might be in-house, cheap free agent or maybe a long- term deal with Breida.

It's possible they draft a running back, but maybe not high.

I don’t disagree but it was also an offense we had 0 familiarity with. I think we were massively out smarted even moreso than it was physical problems. It’s like Bill and Josh correctly predicted how Flo and Josh would adjust to what they were doing and attached it with precision. I’m sure the four of them have had these types of discussions many times over the years. I really don’t expect teams to be able to avoid our CB’s for 15 more games does anyone? Lots of money back there, that’s when we better see dividends. Playing with a lead would help.

I expect a better showing this week just not sure if we’ll have enough offensively.

I think I made the same post in every defensive thread, but we need a true NT. I don’t care if the guy has zero sacks every year. We need someone who can consistently take the opponent’s C and an OG out of every run play.
Best post In a longtime. We need a nt
I was hoping they would sign the guy from texans reader I think his name was.

you are spot on.

The architect behind such all-stars picks of Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, doughboy Christian Wilkins, and newcomer Raekwon Davis is sure to keep finding more of the same.

Grier tore down a mediocre team only to rebuild a mediocre team. Birds of a feather flock together.

Its early. Just one game in the books
But the play of the front seven was easily the biggest disappointment in the opener.

Wilkins and Baker looked good, but that was about it. Maybe those two are the building blocks.

Again its early. I liked the Lawson addition and think he is emerging. Davis is a rookie I'm higher on than most. Ogbah looked good in KC. Godchaux probably fits in the average at best category. Van Noy was a really good player in New England.

Should the front seven be the next rebuilding focus?
All of the linebackers are bad. I'm not in love with anyone on the defensive line either. Wilkens is solid, but he isn't a star.

LSU DT/NT Tyler Shelvin would be someone to seriously consider in the late 1st, early 2nd. He's a Humongous Run Stuffer.

Back
Top Bottom