Is Gates a true lock? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Gates a true lock?

That's the best comparison you can come up with? Ginn is a straight line speed guy with little quickness, agility and toughness. Gates is fast but he s much quicker and agile than Ginn. He hasn't shown to be a puss yet either. People who compare Ginn to Gates show their lack of knowledge on the subject. You ve seen the guy in a total of one game and now he s Ginn because both guys are fast. Ooookay. He could easily have 2-4 more long TDs.

Thanks for responding.. I was going to but then thought twice as I felt the post didnt warrant a response.

Gates is safe. He makes the team. No way he guts cut in favor or Moore or Livas.

you gotta be blind to think gates has done anything impressive to make this team in any of these preseason games or your just a sucker for speed. Livas gone? sheesh, the only guy whos shown any real talent is being cut? Moore can go, he earned a cut off this team.

What are you talking about???? What has Livas shown?? That he can return a punt in the first preseason game vs. a bunch of future used car salesmen???? Get a clue, please.

My WRs : Marshall Hartline Bess Gates Wallace Livas

i think this year we will see more emphasis placed on the air attack...

i believe its already decided that we will keep one FB with Clay (sorry Polite) who can serve also as insurance on the line as TE next to Fasano and whoever our #2 is

My WRs : Marshall Hartline Bess Gates Wallace Livas

i think this year we will see more emphasis placed on the air attack...

i believe its already decided that we will keep one FB with Clay (sorry Polite) who can serve also as insurance on the line as TE next to Fasano and whoever our #2 is

I'm not sure they will keep 6 WR's. They haven't in the past. With the changes in the kicking game rules also...it may make Livas expendable.

The fact that he hasn't proven anything is more of the QB's fault than anything. we have seen multiple times in preseason where he has beaten his defender by a couple steps at least but they couldnt get him the ball. Don't blame him for not proving anything yet, blame Henne.

The fact that he hasn't proven anything is more of the QB's fault than anything. we have seen multiple times in preseason where he has beaten his defender by a couple steps at least but they couldnt get him the ball. Don't blame him for not proving anything yet, blame Henne.

Blame Moore too. They ve both missed him twice on deep balls. Gates isn't going to catch a ton of balls this year but we don't need him to. We just need one big catch a game. Something he s shown he s capable of.

i'd like to see Gates assume the role that was left for Ginn after acquiring Marshall. I thought Marshall signing was to compliment Teddy Ginn (i was delusional) but that turned out to be incorrect (and thank God the FO was able to cut ties with that headache) Back on point, Gates is now the speedster to compliment Marshalls big play ability... Bess is the clutch, move the chains guy, where as Hartline is still searching for identity at his position.

The real question is how long before he beats out Hartline for the No. 2 job.

As the OP, I'm amazed at how many people misinterpreted both my opinion of Gates and the purpose of this thread. I'm not bashing him, in fact I went out of my way to say that he has potential, ability, and a possible upside at a role we desperately need filled. He just hasn't shown me what I expected based on the media hype and the amount people on FinHeaven who gushed about how his presence will change our offense. I see an unpolished rookie who could be good, and a bunch of homers unable to entertain preseason objective hypotheticals.

Gates hasn't shown anything this preseason? What? Did he not have a few catches and a TD in the ATL game? Did he not cook his man twice for would be TD's in the CAR game? Did you honestly just try to put blame on him for our ****ty QB's overthrowing him? Really? As for practice, not sure which practice reports you've been checking out because this guy was impressing in TC.

He gets CONSTANT seperation on the 'go' route. Whenever its been called, hes not been stuffed. Hes caught a TD, and if im not mistaken he had a pretty acrobatic 3rd down catch against Carolina. That of course is in response to the notion that he doesnt have hands. How you can draw that conclusion from a guy with such little Pro work to go off of is beyond me.

To say a ROOKIE 4th rounder whos caught a TD, shown tremendous speed and the ability to get behind defenses, is is danger of being cut is ignorant to say the least. Just ignorant of the Fins' needs, and what holes this kid can fill. Not giving him a fair chance would be a death sentence.

Are people still falling for MarshallFin's stuff. He's trolling the **** out of you guys, lol. Been doing it for a good while. Too obvious.

I'm not sure they will keep 6 WR's. They haven't in the past.
New scheme. More emphasis on throwing the ball.

You don't need 6 WR's on a pound the piggy and control the clock team.

Back
Top Bottom