Is Getting The Quarterback Priority Number One This Offseason? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Getting The Quarterback Priority Number One This Offseason?

We need a franchise QB in place by 2020. If you have a chance to get your guy now, then obviously go for it (personally only like Murray, and iffy on Haskins -- not a fan of Lock, Jones, Grier, etc.). If not, then I'm perfectly fine with making QB priority #1 in the 2020 draft.

We'll suck enough to snag Tua, Fromm, or Herbert. Absolutely. Might have to move up for Murray or Haskins though.

The fact that you’re that high on a 5’9” guy that’s typically the most athletic guy on a dominate team hurts your opinion. Haskins is the better pro prospect.

I'd be okay with Murray if he fell to us. If he somehow manages to suck, which I doubt, we'll be in a good position to draft Lawrence in a couple years. Outside of Murray, I'm really not interested in many of the other QBs other than Stick. (no, I'm not just regurgitating CK haha, though he has posted some good stuff about both in the draft forum).

I'm not passing up a good QB prospect for the line unless a crazy good prospect becomes available that significantly outweighs the potential of the QB.

If Grier is smitten by a QB he has to go get him. Makes no difference what year it is.

No... Priority is adding talent to the roster, if talent at QB is staring you in the face, great! but dont force it... Just add talent when it stares you in the face! Dont reach, dont give up the farm for a QB in a weak QB draft, dont.force.it. We're not winning next year, let talent come to you. If Murray falls pick him, if not strenghten your D. Again DONT.FORCE.IT when the window isnt open... That is all

Insistence on fixing the QB position by overdrafting a medicore prospect is how we got here in the first place. If the right guy is there, you do what you can to acquire the right guy. While the NFL shows that you pretty much need a QB to compete year in and year out, getting the wrong QB gets you nothing.

So waste a high pick on a roster with no talent to trade it away in two years because no QB is going to satisfy you with how bad this line is.

The right QB and a better coach could make this line look a lot better. But that's the right QB....there's a lot of wrong ones out there.

It shouldn’t be....If I’m going fishing I would rather catch the big fish that’s a keeper rather than the the ones you have to throw back.

all I know is I don’t want the 5”7 QB he will make big playsdown field I’m sure. but how is he going to get the ball over lineman that are 6”5 on average?

McSorley in the 3rd is the way to go this year. Guy is a competitor!! Underrated. Just my opinion. Draft DL 1st round OL 2nd and him 3rd round.

Murray @13 gotta pull the trigger!

Otherwise get an athlete QB R4 thereabouts and go heavy LOS otherwise.

Also -- buck the norm with a stud H back FB sorta dude and (just my gut)

unload Gesicki for a 3rd if you can...

He's a dork impersonating a TE.

I currently have Kyler Murray, Jonah Williams, Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, and Nick Bosa as Top 10 picks. Some guys (CB's especially) could rise with a great Combine, but I'd shoot for a player in that group, preferably the QB.

all I know is I don’t want the 5”7 QB he will make big playsdown field I’m sure. but how is he going to get the ball over lineman that are 6”5 on average?

Are you referring to Murray? Did somebody cut 3-4" off his legs?

A quarterback needs to be the only priority. More and more elite quarterback prospects are entering the league, due to the availability of both athletic and pro style versions. The conventional wisdom was flat wrong a few years ago that the collegiate stylistic shift would leave fewer top guys available to the NFL. That's partially how you got the nonsense that Ryan Tannehill would move up the charts via attrition alone. I warned several times that it was a preposterous theory. But the Dolphins swallowed it and sat around.

I have followed pro and college stats for 35 years. Previously the standards were dependable. Option teams almost always led the nation in yards per attempt, and that made sense since they threw more seldom but hit dagger big plays due to so much defensive emphasis on stopping their running game. But only recently has the trend sharply reversed. Baker Mayfield led the nation last season with 11.5 YPA among over 400 throws. That is an unheard of number. Then Kyler Murray followed it this season with 11.6. And it's not merely one program managing that type of number, because Tua followed with 11.2.

BTW, if you're going to knock or nitpick Tua Tagovailoa, do yourself a favor and find another venue. You'll be laughed at here. Slimm is often overly kind to Tua detractors. I don't have to worry about that.

Quarterbacks who can create space and reinvent the pocket are changing the dynamic of the game. I am aware of that but I still have to jolt myself. It doesn't matter if Kyler Murray has some weaknesses. The fact that he is a lightning jitterbug out there is going to drive NFL defenses nuts.

Haskins does not fit. Not close. Not an athlete. J-off-her-doll pointed out correctly in the Draft Forum that Haskins has the Jared Goff makeup of needing top level calm surroundings. Haskins and Goff can look as bad as Tannehill if things are going wrong. I actually believe Haskins can have some JaMarcus Russell moments early in his career if forced to throw from a collapsing pocket on a lousy team. But the difference is that both of those guys have extreme upside if things are in great shape around them, while Tannehill is like a racehorse who trots along in the middle of the pack no matter if it's a claiming race or major stakes. No comprehension that he's allowed to be great.

I'm not sure I'll ever post here again if we draft Daniel Jones, he of the 6.6 YPA in 2016, 5.9 in 2017 and 6.8 in 2018. One game after another below 5 YPA and sometimes below 4 YPA. He is another one of those tape guy sucker specials because he looks the part.

The rules reward the passing game. Passer rating jumped across the league this year. Currently there is too much spotlight on the offensive line and specifically the teams remaining in the playoffs. Don't be fooled by that. It is not a priority position. It is a position in which lower drafted guys excel. The Dolphins have simply been inept at identifying that type. But no reason a trend like that should persist.

Get the quarterback. Don't be afraid to go the Kizer or Rosen route of trying once then seizing an immediate upgrade a year later.

Miami can't be stuck in conventional wisdom stupidity that building a team piece by piece is the way to go. That quarterback erases mistakes elsewhere on the roster, and once you have him it is amazing relaxation and clarity, improving decision making all year long.

I would like the new quarterback to announce the return to the old logo. Only proper.

Last edited:
Murrays arm is sexy. Problem is, his overall build.

If you leap, you better believe.

Football ignorance at its finest. They may have drafted garbages like James, Martin, over drafted average like pounced etc but they made the wrong picks obviously. On defense we missed twice with Harris and Jordan.

They have to draft the right players. Drafting poorly doesn’t mean the position is addressed. Drafting the wrong Qb just to appease ignorants like you is the wrong move.

If the Ohio state QB falls to us, it’s worth a shot. This other nonsense about selling out for him or Murray is ridiculous. Same goes for tua next year. Lawerance is the only prospect they should trade picks to get but we’ve got 2-3 years to wait on that one.
Ignorant? Saying they've spent over a decade trying to address the offensive line is just obvious. They've spent plenty FA $, and high draft picks. Some have worked, others havent. And its not like we havent seen good QBs play well and win with less than great lines. Rodger's packers, Big Ben until a few years ago, Wilson in Seattle. Luck made it to conf title game in 2014 on his back.

On a personal note, I seriously doubt you speak to people like this in real life, or you're missing several of your teeth. Every one of your posts is filled with venom towards people around here. If you hate this forum so much, just leave. Also, grow up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom