Is it Fiedler or the OL that is hindering Ricky? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it Fiedler or the OL that is hindering Ricky?

Who Is More To Blame For Ricky's Poor Stats

• Fiedler's inability to hit the big play

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • The OL just isn't opening the holes like last year

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Ricky is not as good as he was in 2002

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Norv Turner's play calling

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
It's funny, because Mark Bungle of the Rams is having the same problem...he can't hit the bomb right now and yet the yardage is amazing...could it be the YAC by the Reivers vs. our Receivers. So if we hit the 15 yard are we to assume that our reivers can't make more from that throw. We need to put in crossing routes that allow YAC.

You raise a good point. I also agree that our passing routes that we seem to hit don't allow for a lot of YAC.

I see a lot of deep outs or deep ins, some quick slants, but not the crossing routes that hit a WR in full stride - as the Rams have done with Bruce and Holt over the past several years. I think we have the speed to do it. I am not a Martz fan, but I wonder what McKnight and Chambers would do in that passing scheme? Funny thing is Martz and Turner come out of the same system and Martz worked for Turner at Washington! What's up with that?

Fiedler is good at the intermediate throws - so why not have some more crossing patterns to get guys sprinting across the field against LB's? There's still hope to improve this year. I hope we do.

Originally posted by Muck
And it's not to say they are the crappiest unit in the league. Nobody said anything like that.

I did... but I was a little heated at the moment...

they are playing like one of the worst... but THE worst... well, admittedly that might be a bit of a stretch.

If we could just get a game against the Falcons who will give up an average of 400 yards, 33 minutes possession, and the ball away 3.2 times per game-

Or maybe the Saints who will give us-
318 yards, 32 minutes, and the ball 2.2 times a game.

I think the stats would favor Ricky a little more.

Yeah! I'd like to have four games against those two opponents
:D

I'd even take the two games versus Tampa Bay to compensate.

Please.....Pretty please with sugar on top!

Back
Top Bottom