Is it Too Early to Question the Coaching Staff? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it Too Early to Question the Coaching Staff?

That is the problem. I don't see anyone that is better. Parker is better at high pointing the ball. Online still can't pick up blitzes or stunts. Ballage is worse, grant has regressed. Gase said he wasn't a slot, and he is not. He shouldn't be used in slot. Not sure if our tight ends are better because we never have time to throw to them. Harris is exactly the same. Baker has no tackles behind the line of scrimmage. None. No impact plays. Sanders has regressed. I think everyone should have expected that because we loss rizzi. I know I am not shocked he is struggling with rizzi gone. Rizzi fixed his technique.
McMillan has improved. So basically McMillan and parker (high pointing the ball) That is concerning.

Playing hard? Dude they played hard under Cam Cameron. Would you want to keep him just cause they played hard?
Look, I really don't care what they do with Flores one way or the other. All I'm saying this is a horrible roster and yet he had the team close at halftime the last two weeks. That shows at least some progress. I have seen nothing to tell me one way or the other that Flores is the right guy. He could be and maybe he's not. Hard to tell after 4 games with this roster. I'm not gonna cry if he's gone after this year or if they keep him for another year.

Btw, this roster is not built to win right now so you can't judge him on wins and loses. Is the team playing hard? Are some of the guys getting better? We're getting guys off the street and playing them the same week. That's not easy to do. The last two weeks we should have been leading at halftime. Give the guy some time.
Right!
But if this staff leads the team to the worst offensive AND defensive ranking EVER posted by an NFL team. is the staff on a short leash next season?
I would think so. In no way am I saying fire everyone now. But, it does make me question if this is the right leadership group. I've never seen this kind of bad before and I've lived through a lot of football. Some of it is on the coaching.

People pose these questions as if this blow-up didn’t purposely occur, and this wasn’t the expected outcome
I get that to a point. But I didn't expect Miami to be this kind of bad either. Though four games the Dolphins have scored 26 points and have been blown out each week. Yes, it's nice that the team played a competitive first half a couple of times.

I guess the question I pose to the board...are players improving, is the coaching staff putting players in the best situations to succeed, is the team playing hard, are adjustments (coaching) happening at halftime etc.

The defense does not much talent, but I thought we might see more production (sacks, TOs and big plays) from scheme. I also hoped to see better fundamentals on D...tackling, gap discipline. There have been improvements - hopefully that trend continues. Flores is not going anywhere this offseason, but he'll be doing an interesting evaluation of his staff after the season.
Agree. I wonder if the OC is gone next year. Flores pulled the trigger quickly on the offensive line coach. Good question.

I think Flores and CO are doing an excellent job.

Remember folks, this roster has been gutted down to an expansion level franchise. The OL, despite the apocalyptic turnover, looks serviceable and as good as some of the unicorn lines at a tiny fraction of the cost. The DL is getting better.

When it comes to the talent gap at the skills positions like corner, safety, edge guys, QB, WR, RB's it's almost an insurmountable talent gap.

Flores is doing exactly what he was brought in for, year one. I think he'll be a good to great coach once this team starts building a competitive. Right now the roster is may be amongst the worst in NFL history.

I also believe there is an unspoken agreement to intentionally lose. That's why the team seems very vanilla after playing well for 30 minutes. It's becoming clear Miami is all in for Tua. You can't blame Flores for executing that plan.

Judge the staff on year 2 and 3. This is year is just extended training camp. It was and has been all about 2020.

Right!
But if this staff leads the team to the worst offensive AND defensive ranking EVER posted by an NFL team. is the staff on a short leash next season?

I'll agree if you'll add 'over the last 8 games.' Can't judge them in January and include the 1st 4-8. These are extended preseason games.

I think it is fair to question some of the player selection. Defensively I think you are starting to see new guys earn more time.

Offensively? The biggest issue is playing Ballage but otherwise cant do much about drops

I think it is fair to question some of the player selection. Defensively I think you are starting to see new guys earn more time.

Offensively? The biggest issue is playing Ballage but otherwise cant do much about drops

Let's take Boehm and Prince. Both played above what almost everyone anticipated. Is that coaching them up, Grier having a good eye for talent, or was the talent of those two underestimated? Hard to say after one game, but the play was encouraging

Look, I want Brian Flores to succeed...
...I also know this rebuild can't be successful unless you've got the right people leading the charge. Is it too early to question Flores and company?
Nope. It's never too early for constructive criticism. I'd say it'd be too early to be yelling for his head, but questioning? Hell, no.

Question away.

Yes we can question the Coaching Staff. Because it is up to them to coach and to put the team in best situation to succeed. So far there is some improvement but, if this coaching get blown out each an every game and go 0-16 would you say they are not the answer? I sure as hell would. Because they need to coach them to win and if they fail and team fails over and over. There is no reason to think they will be successful. Flores does want to be a laughingstock coach. 0-16 is not answer. He needs to show he is a good coach an win some games proving to Ross he can do it even with this horrible roster.

Like Burke turned out to be in over his head, I'm thinking that Patrick Graham might well be too.
I was thinking that in the 2nd half. There are plays where you slam your head and wonder what the player is doing like when Rowe was shadowing one of their receivers. The guy never looked at the ball but he obviously never looked at the receiver either because the guy stopped and caught the ball. Rowe didn't even realize that because he was running by himself for another 2 or 3 yards. What was he actually looking? Cheerleaders? It's anyone's guess.

But on the other hand there are so many plays going weird where you have to question if the players are actually put in positron to succeed.
There was one pass by Rivers in particular. You have 5 defenders in a circle and one Chargers receiver. The guy catches the ball in the middle of the circle and none of our defenders are within 5 yards. They looked at each other like "WTF!". It felt like one group had totally different playcall than the other group.
I have never seen that often two defensive players look at each other and do :shrug: . Granted we do not have great talent but at times you really have to wonder if play calling is a big part of it.
Flores said yesterday that he was very unhappy with coaching. So we might be onto something.

Hilarious stuff! Make sure to create one of the worst roster possible to help insure the #1 pick. BUT also make sure to play well and keep games close and look good doing it but not too good.

You can’t make up this type of logic.

I think Flores and CO are doing an excellent job.

Remember folks, this roster has been gutted down to an expansion level franchise. The OL, despite the apocalyptic turnover, looks serviceable and as good as some of the unicorn lines at a tiny fraction of the cost. The DL is getting better.

When it comes to the talent gap at the skills positions like corner, safety, edge guys, QB, WR, RB's it's almost an insurmountable talent gap.

Flores is doing exactly what he was brought in for, year one. I think he'll be a good to great coach once this team starts building a competitive. Right now the roster is may be amongst the worst in NFL history.

I also believe there is an unspoken agreement to intentionally lose. That's why the team seems very vanilla after playing well for 30 minutes. It's becoming clear Miami is all in for Tua. You can't blame Flores for executing that plan.
I hope you're right. If Flores is the right guy then the rebuild is already off to a good start. If not, we could be talking an entirely different scheme with a new coaching staff. That's really why I asked the question.

I do have concerns, but it's early and I agree with you on the talent. The offense especially resembles and expansion team.

Back
Top Bottom