Is Miami Done Adding on the Offensive Line? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami Done Adding on the Offensive Line?

Would love an O lineman but DT is a need IMO. Love Sieler but the rest seem like backup types. Maybe 1-2 really develop if we are lucky. But we need a high upside guy to play. I think this group is the furthest away and could be a real hindrance if we don’t get another body or two.

The OL needs a developmental OT who can play guard for a year too but DT is a more urgent need IMO.

I sure hope not... We better make an addition in the first two rounds. Really feels like DT or maybe even pass rusher in round 1 is more and more likely. OL for me. Trade down ideally still

I'm hoping for JPJ, Frazier, or an OT that can play G for now

I mean sure Brewer could be good, but I want one of them stout boys, wrestlers, nice and strong and athletic... Plus more depth and options along the OL can never hurt. Seen enough injuries

Patrick Paul, JPJ, Mahogany, Greenfield and a few other late round prospects are the only offensive linemen, Miami has had confirmed meetings with. You'd think if Miami was interested in investing a 1st round pick on an OLineman, they'd have been doing more due diligence on the top prospects. Not one word outside of speculation has linked Miami to Fautanu, Barton, Mims and Latham.

Not sure what it actually means, but it could mean Miami is thinking beyond round #1 in selecting one from a strong group of 2nd and 3rd tier prospects.

I think Miami definitely gets active with acquiring more OL after 6/1 regardless of what happens the draft. It seems the GM and HC agree that since they're in win now mode they can't rely on rookies protecting Tua. It is hard to get the kind of OL at #21 that we need now, one who you can trust will be strong enough and up to the task of facing experienced pass rushers right away.

However, if Fatanu is there or within range of #21, yes in first round. I think he's my favorite player for Miami but I don't think he'll be there.
Trading down for Morgan or Barton or JPJ makes sense to me, especially if the team can be a little patient as all three will all be moving to guard from their college positions.

If they don't move from 21 and Fatanu is gone I think the value at that spot is better at DT, Edge and even WR. I'm even coming around on Cooper DeJean as his versatility and playmaking ability makes the back end of our defense a lot better and Weaver likes to play with 3 safeties and Cooper has both size and cover skills and could play S or CB.

I also think there's a big difference between Johnny Newton and Byron Murphy than the DT's who will be picked later in the draft. I don't get why Newton is slipping, he looks like the best pass rusher in the group and his quickness will give OL fits. I think he's the closest thing to Wilkins. Murphy is also a really disruptive DT.

If they don't go OL with first pick I like G Christian Haynes and C/G Zach Frasier in round 2. I don't think Cooper Beebe moves well enough to play in this offense. Was really impressed with Haynes just shutting down some decent interior pass rushers in the Senior Bowl practices.

You think quality OL will be available in June?

I hope we go OL early….

…but WR is a strong need as well.

After Reek & Waddle, we have nothing….

We know that Tyreek will miss 3 or 4 games due to how hard he plays…(or he'll play 17 but only 13 games at 100% health).

Waddle usually misses 3 or 4….

EZ cannot be counted on with a lingering neck issue...

Braxton is a 5th or 6th guy….and River, although solid - scares no one if he gets placed into a starting role.

Chosen is done, & Claypool doesn't want to be great.

Our 3rd and 4th WR's must be solid, up and coming guys….(not OBJ).

Back
Top Bottom