Is Miami Done Adding on the Offensive Line? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami Done Adding on the Offensive Line?

We did bring a guard named Haynes recently I believe from Seattle, but I think we may be done for now. I think they view Eich as a starter and I think McDaniel believes we can plug anyone in at guard and be fine which he has proven the last two years. Make no mistake, this staff knows how to scheme it up as far as the blocking goes. That being said, I would hope we take a guard early in the draft

We did bring a guard named Haynes recently I believe from Seattle, but I think we may be done for now. I think they view Eich as a starter and I think McDaniel believes we can plug anyone in at guard and be fine which he has proven the last two years. Make no mistake, this staff knows how to scheme it up as far as the blocking goes. That being said, I would hope we take a guard early in the draft
Beebe and Frazier are two interior offensive linemen I really like who could be trade down options. Both are probably gone somewhere in the top 40, I'd think.

Both can really move people, which I think is what the line needs.

What Miami really, really needs is more picks!

Beebe and Frazier are two interior offensive linemen I really like who could be trade down options. Both are probably gone somewhere in the top 40, I'd think.

Should be easy to trade down from 21 and get another pick. Is Beebe related to former bills wr don beebe?

Yeah a 1 and a 3 would really help...

Here's the problem, though. When teams lock in on a position and tell themselves "we have to take an OL in round 1 or 2" they make mistakes, especially when they convince themselves that guy can play guard or tackle when they've never really done that.

I refer you to Austin Jackson and J'Wan James, both reaches at where they were picked and both were taken over better players. AJ worked out but after years and at the cost of many sacks and blown up plays. James was an OK right tackle but Dennis Hickey took a guy in the first that should have been a third rounder.

I'd rather draft great players at other positions than reach for OL and weaken the potential of the roster. I think this year, especially in the first round, it's not looking like the BPA at 21 or our front office's intentions will lead them to take an offensive lineman. Maybe in round 2 but have the feeling there's probably a better safety, edge or WR lurking there, too.

Don't care. OL is this team's single biggest need. Far and above EVERYTHING ELSE.

/still pounding the table for OL in the draft

Watch us draft a w.r in the first and a pass rusher in the 2nd.
Our line will fall apart once again with injuries.
Our season falls apart in December once again.
Seen this movie far too many times.
Grier's solution is to throw body's at the line
Armstead and Wynn the left side always injured.

Should be easy to trade down from 21 and get another pick. Is Beebe related to former bills wr don beebe?
Good question. I don't think they are related. Don Beebe did have a son named Chad, who played for the Minnesota Vikings.

Back
Top Bottom