Is Miami Done Adding on the Offensive Line? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami Done Adding on the Offensive Line?

Which had more to do with Tua and the play calling than the OL. They tried to limit the duress he could face.

If we had the fortune of starting the same 5 guys for 17 straight games, we would’ve had a wildly successful season.

As it stands now, we need to address the OL for both the immediate and the future.
Tied for 23rd most sacks isn't that bad. Especially considering the # of snaps played by backups and starting the 2nd most OL combinations over the season.

I believe Risner is still available…..
I wonder if he and Barry have a poor relationship from their season together in 2022. That is the only thing that makes sense to me. He is a very good pass blocker and among the most durable OLs in the league.

You’re very unlikely to find a quality starting caliber OL at this point in FA.

You have to grab one in the first or second round, to go with a DL.
IMO...either Dalton Risner or Mark Glowinski would be upgrades at OG and quality starters for Miami.

I think Miami definitely gets active with acquiring more OL after 6/1 regardless of what happens the draft. It seems the GM and HC agree that since they're in win now mode they can't rely on rookies protecting Tua. It is hard to get the kind of OL at #21 that we need now, one who you can trust will be strong enough and up to the task of facing experienced pass rushers right away.

However, if Fatanu is there or within range of #21, yes in first round. I think he's my favorite player for Miami but I don't think he'll be there.
Trading down for Morgan or Barton or JPJ makes sense to me, especially if the team can be a little patient as all three will all be moving to guard from their college positions.

If they don't move from 21 and Fatanu is gone I think the value at that spot is better at DT, Edge and even WR. I'm even coming around on Cooper DeJean as his versatility and playmaking ability makes the back end of our defense a lot better and Weaver likes to play with 3 safeties and Cooper has both size and cover skills and could play S or CB.

I also think there's a big difference between Johnny Newton and Byron Murphy than the DT's who will be picked later in the draft. I don't get why Newton is slipping, he looks like the best pass rusher in the group and his quickness will give OL fits. I think he's the closest thing to Wilkins. Murphy is also a really disruptive DT.

If they don't go OL with first pick I like G Christian Haynes and C/G Zach Frasier in round 2. I don't think Cooper Beebe moves well enough to play in this offense. Was really impressed with Haynes just shutting down some decent interior pass rushers in the Senior Bowl practices.
That is interesting you said that about Newton. Because when I watched him I thought he looked very similar to Wilkins at Clemson. Glad to know someone else is seeing the comparison.

IMO...either Dalton Risner or Mark Glowinski would be upgrades at OG and quality starters for Miami.

Everyone is upgrade over Liam Eichenberg, that’s not a reason to pass on drafting an actual guy with talent.

Nobody wanted Risner last off season but now he’s going to make a difference on our team? Come on. We don’t need bodies, we need talent. The only way to get that is in the draft.

Watch us draft a w.r in the first and a pass rusher in the 2nd.
Our line will fall apart once again with injuries.
Our season falls apart in December once again.
Seen this movie far too many times.
Grier's solution is to throw body's at the line
Armstead and Wynn the left side always injured.
Didn't we really fall apart when our edge guys got hurt or when Xavier Howard and Vic Fangio's defense crapped the bed?
Or when Hill and or Waddle missed games at the end of the year?

Tied for 23rd most sacks isn't that bad. Especially considering the # of snaps played by backups and starting the 2nd most OL combinations over the season.

So now we have a good OL because Tua got rid of the ball quickly? Come on, what’s with people forgetting how the season actually played out once we are far enough from the end of it.

It’s not a joke, the OL needs talent.

The only other area we can justify investing in early is the DL, if it’s not going to be the OL.

Everyone is upgrade over Liam Eichenberg, that’s not a reason to pass on drafting an actual guy with talent.

Nobody wanted Risner last off season but now he’s going to make a difference on our team? Come on. We don’t need bodies, we need talent. The only way to get that is in the draft.
I did not say to pass on drafting OL in the first or 2nd round. Risner is an upgrade over any guard currently on the roster. I don't know why he signed so late. I suspect neither do you. I heard something about rehabbing an elbow injury. He still played 15 games and started 11. Mark Glowinski would be an upgrade over any guard currently rostered too. Sign one of them and draft Fautanu or Barton.

So now we have a good OL because Tua got rid of the ball quickly? Come on, what’s with people forgetting how the season actually played out once we are far enough from the end of it.

It’s not a joke, the OL needs talent.

The only other area we can justify investing in early is the DL, if it’s not going to be the OL.
Who are you arguing with? I did not say the OL was good. I said considering how many snaps were played by backups the sack allowed wasn't that bad. And yes, I am well aware of Tua's quick release being a huge factor in keeping sack totals down.
Yes the OL needs talent. It can come through the draft and/or free agency. Picks 21 and 55 should go toward IOL and IDL in one order or the other.

I did not say to pass on drafting OL in the first or 2nd round. Risner is an upgrade over any guard currently on the roster. I don't know why he signed so late. I suspect neither do you. I heard something about rehabbing an elbow injury. He still played 15 games and started 11. Mark Glowinski would be an upgrade over any guard currently rostered too. Sign one of them and draft Fautanu or Barton.

I just don’t think JAGs are gonna cut it for this offense.

Who are you arguing with? I did not say the OL was good. I said considering how many snaps were played by backups the sack allowed wasn't that bad. And yes, I am well aware of Tua's quick release being a huge factor in keeping sack totals down.
Yes the OL needs talent. It can come through the draft and/or free agency. Picks 21 and 55 should go toward IOL and IDL in one order or the other.

With so many people talking about drafting a WR, I’ve been arguing with quite a few people about how dumb of a notion that is.

Back
Top Bottom