Is Mike Wallace worth a $60 million contract from the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Mike Wallace worth a $60 million contract from the Dolphins?

$60 mill i hope its for 60 years .i dont think he is a top 5 or even top 10 WR.he just so happens to be a FA the year there is no clear cut #1 in the draft and a week FA class of WR.i know he is younger than the other top 2 FA such as Bowe and Jennings but is he head over heels better than them???

Well with the reports that KC is going to franchise Bowe it narrows it down to Wallace or Jennings.

He turned down an offer that big? I dont think that can be true. why would he not sign that deal unless there is just bad blood?

I dont know. Not many teams can afford him. Not sure Cincy needs him. Cleveland, ok, ya know, cleveland rocks! lol

thats a lot of dough. I still think we make him a sizable offer but he walks and Jenning is right down the street with Philbin.

Absolutely. Jennings will be seeking something comparable and he's older and has been injury plagued.

Funny, I've been watching NFLN and ESPN since the season ended and there's not a single "expert" that doesn't believe he's the best option available and at his age, with the success he has had. Sign the man.

$60 mill i hope its for 60 years .i dont think he is a top 5 or even top 10 WR.he just so happens to be a FA the year there is no clear cut #1 in the draft and a week FA class of WR.i know he is younger than the other top 2 FA such as Bowe and Jennings but is he head over heels better than them???

This past year wasn't his best but neither was it for Bowe and Jennings. But Wallace is a game changer and a serious TD waiting to happen. He's the explosive player they need. I think he'll command 6 years and near $70 million. Not sure if Miami will pay it but they know what the market is likely to be.

Not a top 10 receiver lol. Guys a beast who averaged 1,000 yards the last four seasons.

Absolutely. Jennings will be seeking something comparable and he's older and has been injury plagued.

Funny, I've been watching NFLN and ESPN since the season ended and there's not a single "expert" that doesn't believe he's the best option available and at his age, with the success he has had. Sign the man.

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but the difference between 7-8 per and 11-12 per is significant. That's half of your money to sign draft picks, or 2/3 of what Soliai (one of our best players) is making. If I had no questions about Wallace as a person and competitor, I'd be inclined to eat the difference, but Wallace comes with a host of red flags. I'd prefer to sign Jennings for less and draft two WR's early. Jennings is - by all accounts - a good, team-first guy. Someone you can trust to help in the development of your young WR's. Wallace is not seen as a team-first guy or a guy that does the little things very well.

Definitely NOT.

Sign Jennings at a more reasonable price and draft a homerun-hitting WR in Rounds 1 or 2.

It is my opinion that Mike Wallace will NOT be a success on his next team.

He's beyond a top 10 receiver. Worth it. The more money Wallace gets, the more money Jennings will think he's worth. Something to keep in mind....

You're not getting a bargain in FA with either Jennings or Wallace period. If you want either it's going to cost you.

a top 10 WR are you guys serious?
i think our $ can be spent better.why go back to cap hell.
now if he asks for 6 years $45 i might b more intrested

5 years and $60 million sounds about right. Vincent Jackson's deal will be the baseline for negotiations with Wallace.

Jackson was 29 when he got is deal and Wallace is only 26 now.

If we want the deep threat we desperately need, we'll have to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom