Is Mike Wallace worth a $60 million contract from the Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Mike Wallace worth a $60 million contract from the Dolphins?

Wallace is good but at what? he runs 9 routes and reverses, I would love to have him:) and Stedman Bailey is the best receiver in this draft, if he gets to the 2nd round I would be shocked, he should have a 1st round grade on him. Go get him dolphins.

Absolutely correct. People are sleeping on Stedman Bailey...i see him and Steve Smith of the Panthers comes immediately to mind. Has that South Florida swagger to him too..

if we had vincent jackson last year we would have definitely gotten a wild card birth, easily ten wins.

Look at HOW Wallace has gotten those gaudy numbers.

We aren't going to have Rothlisburgher running around, EATING sacks and heaving the ball 60 yards every 10 plays.

I hate to see the fins continue to make the same mistakes in free agency.

Look at how the teams that go to and WIN the superbowl deal with free agency and WR's.

This^^

We are not one receiver away from a championship.... We have a TON of holes on our team and throwing 60+Mill at one player is not plausible. It's outright ridiculous.

Look at the Champs of the past decade or so. Tell me 1 team that has went and paid top dollar for 1 receiver? Let me save you the time and research to tell you that there isn't a championship team that has done that... You build through the draft and you use free agency to pick up affordable pieces to fill some depth and maybe a starter or 2, IF they fit.

This^^

We are not one receiver away from a championship.... We have a TON of holes on our team and throwing 60+Mill at one player is not plausible. It's outright ridiculous.

Look at the Champs of the past decade or so. Tell me 1 team that has went and paid top dollar for 1 receiver? Let me save you the time and research to tell you that there isn't a championship team that has done that... You build through the draft and you use free agency to pick up affordable pieces to fill some depth and maybe a starter or 2, IF they fit.

They have to spend the money somewhere and unfortunately ireland does not have the time to rely on draft picks to make the playoffs next year. He'll sign Wallace or the next best thing. Guaranteed

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Absolutely correct. People are sleeping on Stedman Bailey...i see him and Steve Smith of the Panthers comes immediately to mind. Has that South Florida swagger to him too..

Sooo sign wallace and draft baily,

No team is going to pay such a high salary. I do care how good the guy is, $60,000,000 dollars is ridiculously. Mike Wallace will get tons of money for sure but 60 million? Nah. Wake up Mike and smell some reality. You're asking too high a price.

Now it's 60 million for how many years? - - > :ponder:

Or they can sign 3 players instead of one. I don't have a problem with the money being spent, I have a problem with throwing a ton of cash at 1 player.

We could pick up a few extra free agents with that money or extend/sign back some of our own players.

I can imagine Wallace would be willing to come down from $60 million over 5 years a bit if you increase the guaranteed money and signing bonus.

That $50 million amount leaked by the Steelers doesn't mean much. For all we know he ws offered $50 million over 5 yaers but only $10 million of it was guaranteed.

If that's the case, I would have advised Wallace to turn that down as well.

For people sayng he's not worth it and doesn't run many routes, etc etc, look at what happened to the steelers offense, Haley showed up and stop letting wallace be Wallace, and look at the pathetic numbers Antonio brown put up. All that money they paid Antonio, and once Haley stopped letting Wallace go deep often, brown looks like a 3rd stringer.

When Wallace is allowed to do what he does best, everyone on the offensive side benefits. The way defenses crowded us last year, it's crazy to me to say we don't need Wallace like crazy.

12M per year has been the number I've considered as being our max offer to Wallace. He's an impact player in this league. If we'd thrown out the numbers we ended up paying Dansby before we signed him everyone here would have rioted, but that's what it took to sign him. It is what it is.

I'll take that much if the final two years are fully un-guaranteed.

Or they can sign 3 players instead of one. I don't have a problem with the money being spent, I have a problem with throwing a ton of cash at 1 player.

We could pick up a few extra free agents with that money or extend/sign back some of our own players.
I sometimes get the feeling that we would rather have two or three good players than one great player. I would really like to see a few great players on the Dolphins.

Jennings for less is better, not that I wouldn't want Wallace money needs to be spread around...Hate to say it Marshall was still better though he dropped alot of passes he did have Henne as qb. Everyone talks as if Ireland is just going to pay out because its do or die, but the other end of the coin he makes it past next year hes not going to tie himself up for the following year, he will always be on the hot seat until he gets us to the Superbowl, the draft and not overpaying free agents is the only way to bring back this team. The Patroits have become the Dolphins of the 70's and 80's very similar with 1 more ring they got there by not overpaying and good drafting.

Never going to happen. I would only pay Calvin Johnson that type of money.

Back
Top Bottom