Is Mike Wallace worth a $60 million contract from the Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Mike Wallace worth a $60 million contract from the Dolphins?

Add to the team through the draft. Anyone ask why Pittsburgh isnt resigning him??

At this point, I don't care how much the team spends on a particular player, just make sure you go out and get a play-maker. That's all I can ask and hope for.

This is how I feel. I don't care if we overpay for someone as long as he performs at his own best level.

I honestly don't care if we sign any major FA's. We have a horrific track record with FA's. And the percentages get worse the more we pay.

I know we need WR help, I'd rather sign Hartline, get Jennings and draft our future WR1. At least Jennings is a known commodity who knows the system. He's not a "me" player. Wallace seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

But, Pittsburgh does have a proven track record of drafting and developing good WRs. I just prefer Jennings' knowledge of our system and staff over the upside of Wallace's age and health.

although i'd rather have the younger wallace i just believe a santonio holmes situation will happen where the guys just a "me" player and only cares about himself. i think holmes is good but i just think were better off signing Jennings, hartline and use that 1st rd pick on a pass rusher, or CB. use a early 2nd for a wr. we could fill one or 2 more holes if we sign jennings compared to holmes

If Wallace and Jennings were going to get the same amount of money I would rather have Wallace. However I think we will have to over pay Wallace a lot more than Jennings.......so I think Jennings would be the Smarter move....Sign Jennings, keep Hartline, draft a speedster high.

Mike Wallace is a proven, NFL-caliber, play-making, speedster WR. I would rather have Wallace than the unproven potential "play-maker" WR pick Ireland makes in the draft. I mean, look at his (Ireland's) track record.

There are various reasons (many of which are unbeknowst to us here on the fan forums) why a particular team decides not to resign a particular player.

Besides, do you really think "building through the draft" and "Jeff Ireland" really add up? More than signing established playmaking WRs?

And Vincent Jackson did so much to elevate the Bucs to an elite level. They went 7-9........wait a sec, that's the same records as the WR challenged Dolphins. I think some of you get seduced by a player's potential and never stop to consider whether he will blend seamlessly into the offense. I would like to see Wallace or Jennings with the Phins. However, it has to be for a mutually beneficial deal.

Wallace is a 'fit any scheme' kind of player.

His home run threat ability every play opens up the offense for all others on the offense.

We just finished paying Jake Long almost $60M on his contract but we're balking at giving a proven playmaker, in his prime no less, a similar amount? Part of the reason this team is mired in mediocrity is that we have a handful of good but few great players, especially on offense where our best players are on the line.

Not for 60 mill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$60 mill i hope its for 60 years .i dont think he is a top 5 or even top 10 WR.he just so happens to be a FA the year there is no clear cut #1 in the draft and a week FA class of WR.i know he is younger than the other top 2 FA such as Bowe and Jennings but is he head over heels better than them???

Oh yeah, that's not even close. This guy does like 1 to 2 things that a top 10 WR does. He's completely useless in every other area. Talk about flushing money down the toilet if we sign him at that price.
If we sign him, people will be complaining halfway through the year about why he isn't scoring TD's (like he did in Pitt).

Not worth it. (so many Wallace threads, I realize I'm repeating myself)

He's in the midst of a really disappointing, unproductive 24-game stretch - he's had only 2 100-yd games in that span. In the last 8 games of 2011: 29catches for 393yds and 3tds; followed up in their playoff game catching 3 balls (on 10 targets) for 26yds. And 2012 was easily his worst statistical year, which happened to come in his only season in a west-coast offense. He struggled in a system similar to ours. He's not a chain mover in this offense: in 2012 only 49% of his catches got 1st-downs (down from 71+% in each of his prior years). Over the last season and a half, he has just been unreliable. Steeler fans can't wait to be rid of him. I'd much prefer a versatile, tougher go-to guy on 3rd downs - Jennings.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ing-and-what-it-means-for-steelers-wr-in-2013

But in his WORST statistical year he put up better numbers than ALL OF OUR RECEIVERS and more TD's than all of them combined. His worst statistical season 64 catches 836 yards and 8 TD was not that far off from Jennings BEST season 80-1292-9TD last year Jennings stats were 36-366-4 and if you want to say yea but he was hurt then the year before that his stats were 67-949-9 which isn't that much better than Wallace's "Down Year" so give me a 26 year old TD playmaker over a 30 year old playmaker. Just saying.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Add to the team through the draft. Anyone ask why Pittsburgh isnt resigning him??

Because they can't afford him now! Why not bring up the FACT they they offered him 55mil last year that he declined. If they thought he was not worth it they wouldn't have offered it. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Vincent Jackson did so much to elevate the Bucs to an elite level. They went 7-9........wait a sec, that's the same records as the WR challenged Dolphins. I think some of you get seduced by a player's potential and never stop to consider whether he will blend seamlessly into the offense. I would like to see Wallace or Jennings with the Phins. However, it has to be for a mutually beneficial deal.

Its a team game. And Vincent Jackson had 72 catches 1384 yards and TD for TB last year, Those numbers are worth every dime he got paid.

Back
Top Bottom