Is R.Hunt in your mind our RT or RG in 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is R.Hunt in your mind our RT or RG in 2020?

R.Hunt in 2020 ?

• RT

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • RG

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters

Jason Taylor (99)

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have looked an Hour of film on Hunt today an was very pleased with his overall performance. First i was thinking, he can only play guard for us, but after today i can live with him at RT. Whats your point on his position with us in 2020. Tell me your choice and why?

RT all the way. Davis at RG, where he is better...until Kindley unseats him there.

RG...Davis is ok at RT. He was bad as a RG. That pressure everyone said Tannehill was getting...Davis had a big part of that.

LT - Austin Jackson
LG - Ereck Flowers
C - Ted Karras
RG - Robert Hunt/Jesse Davis
RT - Jesse Davis/Robert Hunt

All early indications are that they will give Hunt an opportunity to succeed at RT, and if he fails, then the long term vision is at guard.

from what i understood Davis really struggled at guard, especially in Gase's offense. So , i think Davis is better at right tackle than guard. Most people believe the opposite ,but I thought I read that before. I really believe Davis is better at tackle.

Chris Grier has said that Hunt was drafted to play OT. Guard may well be his best position, but he's getting the opportunity as a tackle.

I think he's the RT. Similar prospect to Wilson from Georgia, who might have been Miami's first target at that #30 spot.

In talking to my relative, they told me that Hunt was a target of several teams picking in the range Miami selected him. Hunt was apparently the apple of Baltimore's eye. But they were picking in the latter part of the round. There was an article quoting Grier, after the 2nd round ended, claiming both he and Flores recieved calls from other GM's and Coaches, congratulating them on the Hunt pick. He was in high demand. The last time I heard or read of other teams calling a team to congratulate them on a pick, was when the 49ers picked, Frank Gore. I'm thinking Hunt has a future in the NFL. He was getting lots of attention.

I imagine, if everything goes as planned, the right side of our line will eventually be Kindley at guard and Hunt at tackle. I assume Davis will get the start at RG with Kindley coming off the bench. For a 6’5” 335lbs guy Hunt can actually move fairly well. I think his biggest issue is second level blocking which is why I’d start him at tackle over guard.

Wasn't Kindley a left guard at Georgia? What kind of transition is that, to right guard? Major, minor, I do not know.

Back
Top Bottom