Is Ross Insane Or Is There A Bigger Plan In The Works? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ross Insane Or Is There A Bigger Plan In The Works?

Here is the reality behind yesterday's moves. Gase had to be removed because he had total control over the 53 including Tannehill. To cut Tannehill you had to remove Gase. Tannenbaum had to be removed because he overpaid (based on Gase's control) players and his contracts prevent the team from parting with players like Tannehill, Kiko, T.J. McDonald and Reshad Jones. We will need a cap guru going forward.

Gase was a Saban-like dictator who rubbed many the wrong way. His offense stunk and the fans hated his play-calling. Any shortfall in talent is squarely placed on Gase.

In the end, Ross admitted that giving total control to a coach like Gase was a terrible idea. We should have extended Jarvis after year 3 and our standout corner after last year. Gase is an arrogant pos. Gase is a head case and will probably learn at some point that football is a game and a business.

Gase got the job by promising to fix Tannehill. Both tried and both failed. Tannehill is good person but only an average QB at his pay grade. To be fair, Ross demanded playoffs by year 3 and Gase tried to make it happen. It did not work out.

I blame Gase for overlooking Drake and Brandon Bolden. Gase was too ****y and he made bad decisions.

EVERYBODY loved Tanny lets not forget that. Many still do. Anyone who sat thru these last 3 games and thinks Tanny is an 'average' qb.....I cant even fathom.

Everybody loved Tanny but Tanny liked no one. Maybe it pays to play hard to get.

Actually I think the real reason behind this rebuild strategy is Ross wants to save some money. Going young to me is code for cheap contracts. This is a Florida Marlins strategy. Lower your expenses and rely on your cut of the TV money

not even the remotest chance.

Bob Beals (his successor) was front and center at postseason presser. “Boston Mafia” plan has been instituted.

Not a fan of not completely cleaning house but what I gathered from Ross' comments is we aren't going to go into these next couple years like we have the last decade. Which is with a shvt team but stil trying to make the playoffs. We're gonna accept that we suck for a couple years, build the lines, get a franchise QB and then go from there.

At minimum I'm happy to just be moving on from Tannescrub. And by that I mean Tannehill, but also happy to be moving in from Tannenbaum too.

Ross is still banking mad money, whether we are 8-8 or 3-13. I don't think his heart is with the Dolphins. He cares more about that stadium and other events there and as long as opposing fans keep filling it up, Ross will be happy business man. There is no passion for the Miami Dolphins coming from within him.

The Dolphins organization in a gif:

85795282.gif

It's going to take time...we are going full rebuild here finally...so get ready for 1-2 full on losing seasons....as for team structure, Grier isn't just the GM anymore...he runs the football side of the Dolphins...he answers to Ross and no on else...He will hire a head coach who answers to himself...Grier has had a couple really decent drafts...which is what has bought him this promotion...

And I assure you it wasn’t Grier who vetoed Ross on Lamar Jackson or he wouldn’t be here either.

Ross is still banking mad money, whether we are 8-8 or 3-13. I don't think his heart is with the Dolphins. He cares more about that stadium and other events there and as long as opposing fans keep filling it up, Ross will be happy business man. There is no passion for the Miami Dolphins coming from within him.

Totally disagree. Go back and watch the press conference and tell me that man doesn’t care about winning. It was a moment of self examination for not winning. He took the blame which is what good leaders do. Now we finally have a plan

i think the plan is not to tank but to get rid of the old dudes that either suck or dive into IR.
Tanny, Gore, Wake, Branch, Jones, Kiko, Fing Devante, Stills, dont let the door hit you

Grier better get his mind right, one more bs draft and hes going to get the word too

Totally disagree. Go back and watch the press conference and tell me that man doesn’t care about winning. It was a moment of self examination for not winning. He took the blame which is what good leaders do. Now we finally have a plan
I watched it live and I don't see any passion there. Same old monotone babble we have always seen. Ross always "finally" has a plan, I fully believe his new diabolical plan will result in the same old mediocrity.

Actually I think the real reason behind this rebuild strategy is Ross wants to save some money. Going young to me is code for cheap contracts. This is a Florida Marlins strategy. Lower your expenses and rely on your cut of the TV money
This is definitely not about saving money and following the Marlins strategy. When you are in your late 70's and one of the 100 wealthiest people on the planet, and having spent over $550M upgrading the stadium and the biggest real estate developer in NYC, you are not focused on scrimping to cut some costs. Mr Ross has never been cheap. I think that he was being honest about doing something different to create a winning culture and he had progressively lost confidence in Tannenbaum and Gase.
I think that losing the final 3 games of the season (Vikings, Jags and Bills) so meekly did it for Gase. Particularly the Jags game at home.

I think Ross is tired of owning an embarrassment of an NFL franchise.

I didn't get that at all from the presser.
Me either. I'm not sure what the poster meant, as far as cutting costs.

Not only has Ross never cheaped out on anything, the salary cap structure requires minimum, as well as maximum roster spending. The coaching staff costs are negotiable, but that seems like small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom