Is Ross Insane Or Is There A Bigger Plan In The Works? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ross Insane Or Is There A Bigger Plan In The Works?

The Dolphins might be making Ross a **** ton of money, but I think he cares a great deal about having a successful product on the field. The problem is, is that he isn't a football guy and he's made poor decisions in the people he's hired. Keep trying 'til you get it right. I'm sure he's screwed up plenty in his business dealings. I'm just glad he pulled the plug on Gase (and Mike T....).

I read that in the past had Ross listened to Grier the Phins would have been in a better position from his perspective. Apparently that was a big motivation for hiring him.

Ditto...

I believe Ross disagreed with the decisions that Tannebaum and Gase made going into last season. He was right. It didn't work out. I realizes he should have listened more to Grier. Hence, Grier is now the man...and the only one between Owner and Coach. No more passing the buck. We will see how it works out....but clearly, He trusts Grier

I hear ya, but I prefer the opposite.

I dont want a canned speech. Talk to me from the heart.

Believe me, I didnt want anything canned, didn’t want him reading a statement. It was just that some of the answers were so bad. For example, when Grier was asked about his philosophy, his answer was basically “you guys know my philosophy”. I’m not asking for him to tell me who he’s planning to draft, but does he believe in building a strong team in the trenches? Did he back the finesse team we have been building? Etc, etc.

Ross is still banking mad money, whether we are 8-8 or 3-13. I don't think his heart is with the Dolphins. He cares more about that stadium and other events there and as long as opposing fans keep filling it up, Ross will be happy business man. There is no passion for the Miami Dolphins coming from within him.

My take as well.

Which of course is the WORST case scenario as owner!

Just a billionaire bull shitter!

My take as well.

Which of course is the WORST case scenario as owner!

Just a billionaire bull ****ter!

Yeah his heart isn't involved in his billion dollar investment. Not only is a sizable investment involved here but also his legacy.

You bitch because he doesnt do something. Then he does something yall bitch that he did something. How about we let this play out before with start making these silly assumptions.

Yeah his heart isn't involved in his billion dollar investment. Not only is a sizable investment involved here but also his legacy.

You bitch because he doesnt do something. Then he does something yall bitch that he did something. How about we let this play out before with start making these silly assumptions.

Yea, his PROVEN 10 year record as Miami Dolphins owner is an "assumption!"

72 wins 88 losses

1 winning season!!!!

What is it that makes a good owner? Honestly, from a fan’a perspective it’s winning. Everybody points to Robert Kraft as the model owner and to the New England Patriots as the model franchise because they’re winning. We all know their winning ways will come to an end when Brady and/or Belichick retire.

So how do you win consistently in the NFL? By hiring a good coach and acquiring a good QB. The GM doesn’t matter. How do you that? Honestly, I think it’s pure luck. Not a single soul on this planet can predict how a coach will perform at his next stop. You can probably identify some candidates which are not suited to be a head coach but that still leaves you with lots of other guys. Who would have thought that Doug Pederson wins the Super Bowl with Nick Foles and Chuck Pagano gets fired with Andrew Luck as his QB? When Arians was head coach in Arizona, their GM Steve Keim was considered one of the best in the business. Now they just fired their first year coach and will pick 1st in the draft? How is that?

As fans we just have to hope it works out this time but I think you can’t blame Ross for trying. He’s a good owner because he’s willing to spend to win. Everything else will have to fall into place but there’s very few things he can do about that.

I agree on Ross and think he gets a bad rap for the most part. He hasn't made the right decisions yet but it'd not like he's not committed.

I do not agree that a GM does not matter. If he is the one in charge, he matters most IMO.

Doug Pederson turned out to be a better coach than most people thought but he also had a lot of talent supplied by the GM, who also picked the right coach. Chuck Pagano did not last partly because Luck blew out his shoulder and his awful GM (Grigson) could not identify talent outside of the 1st overall, sure fire, no-brainer pick in 2012. Steve Keim turned out to be the most overrated GM in recent history after 2 consecutive exec of the year awards. Look at his drafts that are void of talent. Flop after flop after flop. He is running AZ into the ground.

Most of the talent on his teams were drafted by Rod Graves (prior to 2013) but the organization never saw any success until they found a decent FA quarterback......Warner and Palmer.

Rod Graves picks: Calais Campbell, DRC, Dan Williams, Daryl Washington, Patrick Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Dansby, Dockett, Bolden, Vanden Bosch

Keim: Honey badger

It takes all 3 IMO. GM, coach and QB

After sleeping on the news that Grier would be the new GM and looking at the list of coaches he's interviewing, I am very confused and the more I reflect on yesterday's press conference, the more I feel Ross may have lied straight to our faces....

To start the press conference Ross said he was going to start fresh, with a new structure of the front office. This sounded great, as we have never really rebuilt the front office, for the last decade, one scapegoat after the next would be fired and blamed for the failure. Only to wake up on the day after black Friday to discover, like clockwork a portion of the front office would remain for the following season to fail yet again.

Here's where it gets confusing; "It's the definition of insanity", Ross said yesterday . "To do the same thing over and over," and in the very next sentence announces that he will once again fire part of the front office and keep a portion of it in tact...... Am I missing something here? I guess Ross is insane because he clearly can not see he is doing the exact same thing once again.

After looking at the coaches were interviewing, it's clear were not in the running for a head coach with any experience like Bruce Ariens or Mike McCarthy. So it made me wonder, is Ross really this inept or is there a greater scheme being put it play here.

We currently have a big dead cap hit coming next season via Tannehills contract and we do not have a high draft choice or a deep roster to attract good coaches to come here today. Could Ross, maybe planning on hiring a one year, stop gap coach for 2019 with and eye on trading our older players and building for 2020, where inevitably we would have good draft capital, good cap space and be a more attractive destination for a great coach? Would this also mean Grier is also a one year stop gap GM?

Its confusing to say the least, I just want to have a team like Ross described yesterday. A team that's a contender, year in and year out. What do I know, maybe like Walter Freys daughters, theres a hot one in there somewhere, after all the lay over front office executives maybe Grier is the hot one.

Entirely possible.

Mike Florio says Ross is likely going after John Harbaugh.

I do not think he is insane. He just doesn't know how to run this football team and have no reason to think that has changed.
he should have hired a guy that has been a part of building a winning football team not a guy that has been part of the problem for a long damn time.
It might work out, the law of averages say he is bound to accidently pick the right guy possibly.

Actually I think the real reason behind this rebuild strategy is Ross wants to save some money. Going young to me is code for cheap contracts. This is a Florida Marlins strategy. Lower your expenses and rely on your cut of the TV money

I’m not buying that...I think he’s spent a lot of money here...Building Thru the draft and going and getting an elite QB is the key!

Clearly he doesn't have the slightest clue who to bring in to run this team. The more I think about Grier being given the power I can't think of why he wouldn't entertain other candidates. In my opinion he trusts people way too much. Gase wasn't kissing his ass the way he's used to and so he's gone. Its kind of sad that Ross is our owner. He's extremely unfit and it has been proven by the teams lack of success. He's the one hiring these guys......

Back
Top Bottom