Is The Most Recent Mel Kiper Mock Draft Plus The Palm Beach Post Worrisome? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is The Most Recent Mel Kiper Mock Draft Plus The Palm Beach Post Worrisome?

palm beach post now talking about same guy was able to get their article into the OP as an edit. clearly, the dolphins are thinking about this guy. of course, it is all guesswork, but hey it is the offseason, so something to kick around. we should get another clue based on what they do with hunt and williams prior to the draft
Thats why its way too early.

While selecting an offensive linemen in the first round is a fairly safe bet at this time considering that the Dolphins will likely lose Hunt and possibly Williams in free agency. Kiper has no way of knowing exactly who will be the top player available on the Dolphins draft board when they select at 21.

Perhaps it will be Barton but it could also be another offensive lineman the Dolphins have higher rated on their board when they make their draft pick.

There could also be another player who drops in the draft at another position of need that the Dolphins just can’t pass up on drafting.

Kiper is just guessing at this time who the Dolphins will draft and I never concern myself with his pre draft predictions.

Well, I think we'd all agree offensive line makes a ton of sense. Mims or Powers Johnson would probably be my preference if Miami stays at 21.

Barton could be a trade down option. If the Dolphins can add a 3rd rounder that could tun into a Sinnott, Allen at RB, Rice at receiver etc.

Mel is a national treasure.

It's no secret Miami wants to trade down. Mel doesn't do trades.

I lean impact players early/middle of the draft. You can find average offensive lineman anywhere.
Depends on team . Its compilacated. When as of now we have 2 starting o line. Not saying we shouldn't take bpa. Just have to see how fa plays out.

Tua, Tyreek, and Waddle will count approx $100M and ~1/3rd of the salary cap in 2025 once the QB extension and Waddle’s 5th option hit.

There’s going to be some bargain hunting to fill the roster for next 2 seasons until they can cut Tyreek in 2026 when he’s 32 and his cap hit spikes to $56M.

Tua, Tyreek, and Waddle will count approx $100M and ~1/3rd of the salary cap in 2025 once the QB extension and Waddle’s 5th option hit.

There’s going to be some bargain hunting to fill the roster for next 2 seasons until they can cut Tyreek in 2026 when he’s 32 and his cap hit spikes to $56M.
So you know contracts ..extensions vocabulary..share

My understanding is that we cannot keep Williams, Hunt, and Wilkins due to salary cap.
I hate to lose two OL guys, so I hope we can keep Hunt.
I also hope we can keep Wilkins which means we kept two of these three. That may be impossible.

Last edited:
Perhaps it will be Barton but it could also be another offensive lineman the Dolphins have higher rated on their board when they make their draft pick.

There could also be another player who drops in the draft at another position of need that the Dolphins just can’t pass up on drafting.

Kiper is just guessing at this time who the Dolphins will draft and I never concern myself with his pre draft predictions.

Or Miami signs Williams or another FA OC

palm beach post now talking about same guy was able to get their article into the OP as an edit. clearly, the dolphins are thinking about this guy. of course, it is all guesswork, but hey it is the offseason, so something to kick around. we should get another clue based on what they do with hunt and williams prior to the draft
I like Barton a lot

agree it is a guess. side note, i kind of like the UM kid Matt Lee. Seems to be tough and a gamer and gets the job done on the field which is all i care about!

Back
Top Bottom