Is The Sam Adams Rumor True??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is The Sam Adams Rumor True???

Originally posted by Ozzy

It's more than just a rumor, he has been on the radar screen ever since they were thinking of cutting DG.

There are a few that post here that know I've been saying this for a while now.

But they're willing to go right down to the wire with Adams, hoping that he wants to come to a legit contender for far less than he is asking.

I think Seattle has that edge over Miami, and he would not mind going back to the Ravens.

But the Ravens can't afford him, right? So basicly its down to us and Seattle?

Considering the $3 million they have left under the cap AFTER the rookie signings...I'd say we have enough to jump in the mix right now. Seattle and Baltimore have the home field advantages...he's completely soured off of Cincy and Washington which is good...

We have one advantage over Seattle and Baltimore though. We're easily a better contender than they are. And if we plugged Sam Adams in the middle of the DL, there's no reason we shouldn't become the top contender for the AFC crown, with only the Rams possibly beating us NFL-wide. I'm serious about that too.

The Ravens are seriously prepared to let Peter Boulware walk if he gets ****y with the contract. He views himself as valuable as Ray Lewis but he's not. He gets completely mauled against the run and has no power to resist at the point of attack (which is why they won't make him a fulltime DE). If they release Boulware they will give Adams the contract he wants. If they renegotiate Boulware's or Lewis's contract they will give Adams the contract he wants.

And if they do that they probably immediately jump ahead of even Seattle, his hometown.

I'll tell you this though if we sign Sam Adams then it has to be said.

This is our year. The holes are plugged. We have the right O-Coordinator. We have the right RB. We should have the right QB by now. The leaky run defense of the past 2 years has been plugged. The pass defense personnel are the same that ranked #1 last year. The OL should be better...

If we get Sam Adams and get anything less then a close disappointing loss in the AFC Championship game, heads would have to roll. That is the danger of acquiring this much talent in one offseason. If Sam Adams still didn't fully plug the Run D, either Clarence Brooks or Jim Bates OR BOTH would have to be fired IMHO. If the OL doesn't perform up to par, friend of Wanny's or not, Tony Wise HAS TO GO. It would be a situation where all the right moves have been made. Wanny has done really well with the motivation. We have a PROVEN system on offense. If the D still lets us down, or the OL still lets us down, heads have to roll. The only one that can possibly look terrible and drag Wanny down with him is Jay Fiedler.

Long as we replace him with someone good who works the same basic system only is more flexible scheme-wise to suit the talent, I wouldn't mind at all.

If we don't think we're gonna get a good passrush? Blitz Derrick Rodgers! We've got a he||a good secondary it can't hurt THAT much. If we can't stop the run with the front seven? PLAY A SAFETY CLOSER TO THE LINE every now and then jeez.

Don't get me started on Jim Bates (again). That guy makes me want to throw my chair through the TV.

He played with Rob Burnett so if we signed Adams he would already know another dlinemens style of play since they played together for a few years.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He played with Rob Burnett so if we signed Adams he would already know another dlinemens style of play since they played together for a few years.
they could rotate Adams and Burnett (Ravens) and Williams and Chester (Car) together ;)

I think Sam Adams is just a rumor ....I don't think Adams wants the 1 year deal or he would have been sign already by some one...He wants long term contract and i don't think Dolphins want to add another long term contract that would make cap situation almost impossible to sort out.....Im hearing that we will use more blitzing schemes this year which sounds good to me..Who our new defense cordinator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus
I think Sam Adams is just a rumor ....I don't think Adams wants the 1 year deal or he would have been sign already by some one...He wants long term contract and i don't think Dolphins want to add another long term contract that would make cap situation almost impossible to sort out.....Im hearing that we will use more blitzing schemes this year which sounds good to me..Who our new defensive cordinator?

Thats funny. I read a quote by his agent that Sam wants a 1 yr deal at this stage in the game because nobody has the money to give him a decent multi-year contract worthy of a two-time Pro Bowl DT. So Sam wants to sign for a year, and hit free agency at the very beginning next year when teams have money. This is exactly what his agent said. He was ONLY considering the Denver and Oakland 1 yr offers before Cincinnatti jumped in the mix with a multi-year offer and he flirted with them only because they really DID have the money to make him a decent multi-year offer but when it came down to it they wanted a 1 yr offer or a multi-year offer with an escape clause after the 1st year.

Seattle or Baltimore are probably the only teams he would consider a multi-year offer for because he wants to continue playing with his friends in Baltimore, but he also wouldn't mind going back home to Seattle where he manages a semi-pro football team. If Miami jumped in the mix it'd have to be a 1 yr offer probably to the tune of 2 or 3 million.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Thats funny. I read a quote by his agent that Sam wants a 1 yr deal at this stage in the game because nobody has the money to give him a decent multi-year contract worthy of a two-time Pro Bowl DT. So Sam wants to sign for a year, and hit free agency at the very beginning next year when teams have money. This is exactly what his agent said. He was ONLY considering the Denver and Oakland 1 yr offers before Cincinnatti jumped in the mix with a multi-year offer and he flirted with them only because they really DID have the money to make him a decent multi-year offer but when it came down to it they wanted a 1 yr offer or a multi-year offer with an escape clause after the 1st year.

Seattle or Baltimore are probably the only teams he would consider a multi-year offer for because he wants to continue playing with his friends in Baltimore, but he also wouldn't mind going back home to Seattle where he manages a semi-pro football team. If Miami jumped in the mix it'd have to be a 1 yr offer probably to the tune of 2 or 3 million.

Well if is only one year deal then I don't see why not but Miami is not mention any where as having intrest in him ...I personally would love to see Adams in a Dolphins uniform but Who will be the odd man out ? Bowens or Chester? Bringing Adams might cause a disturbance in the locker room.Don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom