Is The Sam Adams Rumor True??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is The Sam Adams Rumor True???

I think Chester and Bowens would be pissed. Really, if Chester and Bowens are healthy, there's no need for Adams. But a rotation like that would be deadly. Personally, I'd like to see how our current set of guys do the next few weeks. I really wish we could wait until after the Bucs practices to decide.

I'm really intrigued by James Atkins. I remember Ozzy talking about this guy in May. And now we're hearing about him again. He and a healthy Haley might just be enough.

Atkins is so raw he will not make the team. He has great natural talent but has never played anywhere near this level and was out of the game being a bodyguard for a few years.

He will be on the P-squad and elevated if someone gets hurt or another team tries to sign him off our squad.

Originally posted by Muck
I think Chester and Bowens would be pissed. Really, if Chester and Bowens are healthy, there's no need for Adams. But a rotation like that would be deadly. Personally, I'd like to see how our current set of guys do the next few weeks. I really wish we could wait until after the Bucs practices to decide.

I'm really intrigued by James Atkins. I remember Ozzy talking about this guy in May. And now we're hearing about him again. He and a healthy Haley might just be enough.

If anybody could sell getting Adams to Bowman and Chester,,Wanny can..I think he would be upfront with Adams also and I think he could make it work..Bowman was at practice Friday as a observer..I like hearing that ..I think this team is in tune..I think they would let additional talent come in if it will help them..Bowman and Chester are already sign to multi year deals and I don't think a one year contract to Adams will bother them that much. ....and that's all I have to say about that.

The Ravens are going to sign Antonio Freeman...

I doubt they can afford Freeman and Adams.

Would much much MUCH rather have Adams than Freeman. If Adams tests the chemistry a bit (which he would cuz of Chester's bent nose) at least he more than makes up for it with talent. Freeman would screw up some chemistry and he doesn't even have enough left in the tank to make it worth it.

Originally posted by minus

Well if is only one year deal then I don't see why not but Miami is not mention any where as having intrest in him ...I personally would love to see Adams in a Dolphins uniform but Who will be the odd man out ? Bowens or Chester? Bringing Adams might cause a disturbance in the locker room.Don't you think?

They always keep four or five DT's anyway, meaning Grant would be a goner.

As for causing a disturbance in the locker room, yes it would!!!

But it would not be in Miami's locker room!! :D

Originally posted by Phinstd
Atkins is so raw he will not make the team. He has great natural talent but has never played anywhere near this level and was out of the game being a bodyguard for a few years.

He will be on the P-squad and elevated if someone gets hurt or another team tries to sign him off our squad.

He may be raw, but he is a big and real quick off the ball, for a man his size!

My views on him were that he would be a perfect fit for the Practice Squad. But you never know what might happen during training camp.....

I stand by my predition that there's no way he makes the team this year. He is simply to raw and unproven to be on this team. He'll be perfect for a scout team though because his size and speed are tough to duplicate in practice for players who aren't on an NFL team as scout players aren't.

Originally posted by Phinstd
I stand by my predition that there's no way he makes the team this year. He is simply to raw and unproven to be on this team. He'll be perfect for a scout team though because his size and speed are tough to duplicate in practice for players who aren't on an NFL team as scout players aren't.

Are you going to make a bet with yourself? :confused:

I've yet to see anyone say he should make the team.

I think he may be headed for Europe myself. He needs playing time not practice time being a scout......

Well yeah going to Europe would be a good idea. You need to reread the posts if you haven't heard anyone say he should make the team. They aren't coming out and saying those exact words but the way they're talking about him leadsd one to believe they feel he should make team and cut Grant.(Which I've read.)

Back
Top Bottom