Is This Still Top 5 Offense?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is This Still Top 5 Offense??

We should have signed Kaepernick, he can make plays with his legs and does not turn the ball over much. The crap line would not have hurt him as bad and he would for the first time in his career have good weapons all around him.
I wanted him too...

Before the season started I heard a lot of talk about this being a top 5 offense. Is this still possible? Or is Tannehill just that good that we can't get along without him? We are averaging 249 per game, and the pats 419. We have are in week 5 so if we just get 170x5 (850) yards above average we can be there. Any chance we can put up 850 in the 2nd half?
I don't remember the talk about being a top 5 offense, however, I was one of the few that predicted that we could lead the league in rushing. I usually don't go out on a limb like that and to tell you the truth I knew better, but not in my wildest dreams did I believe that this Oline could be this bad, and we have had bad Olines for over a decade. Add in injuries and assholes snorting coke........you get the point.

After the success of the running game last season, it was a natural, we fans expected a much better and improved overall offense considering the depth at WR, Ajayi running the ball and a decent crop of TE’s. But for some reason, it hasn’t worked. Cutler, Thomas and hell maybe even the Foerster dilemma help take the offense down to new levels of stink!!! The offensive line is weak. Tunsil looks overweight and plays like a NYC Subway Turnstile. Pouncey looks like he’s going through the motions. And whoever plays LG is god aweful. No chemistry leads to no continuity and no offensive flow. To think about the wasted money Gase has put into Cutler and Thomas, when Moore and even Sims were clearly better suited for the offense. I was perplexed at why they let Sims walk, when he was a fantastic blocker. With all the depth at WR, Thomas was not needed. Cutlers short passing and shorting the throw, seems to indicate he may not be healthy. Gase imo is somewhat overrated in terms of OC.

Yes, absofugginlutely!

That's if the other 31teams are clustered between 1st and 4th

When tannehill was supposed to be the QB i thought this offense could be very good. Hell even when cutler showed promise in preseason.

But yeah, i believe the correct answer is a resounding "NO".

Still if Gase is correct about the reasons this offense is inept, then it can get better. If hes wrong, then this will get even more miserable.

I think people were just ridiculously overestimating our skill guys, including Ajayi.

Gase knows Cutler isnt getting it done nor going to do anything special this year.

He is just supposed to keep the ship afloat until RT returns.

He is upset the Unit around him looks like trash and the problem is Cutler is making it look even worse haha

With RT back, I do think its a top 10 offense. Id say get him some new Guards and a decent TE for once though.

I think people were just ridiculously overestimating our skill guys, including Ajayi.

Could be, i gotta say i thought we had an excellent group of WRs and RB. I still think Ajayi is good, but right now not looking that way with the WR's. And it wasn't even just fans, national media was aboard as well, e.g Rich Eisen "Cutler's best weapons ever".... i know what's changed since last year and it's not the WRs.

Here's the thing, we haven't been a top 5 offense since Marino. Any talk about us being a top five offense, Tannehill or not, is just that, talk, until we actually prove it on the field

On paper there were reasons to be excited. I didn't think the O-line was great, but I expected it to be much better than it has been. I didn't expect the QB play to be this bad even with Cutler. I didn't expect the WRs to drop as many passes as they have. I didn't expect much from Thomas though.

Cutler is horrible. This offense never was a top 5 offense since Marino played. Considering Moore came in and outplayed Tannehill last year the Tannehill argument doesn't hold up.

Lot's of options this off season to improve the QB situation giving Miami the best hope of becoming a top 10 offense. Tannehill isn't one of those if Miami's goal is top 10 let alone top 5.

I thought this could be a top 10 offense. There's talent at the skill positions with Landry, Ajayi, Parker and Stills. I still think Grant could provide some big plays.

I was never a big fan of Cutler, but his season with Gase in Chicago offered hope.

My assumptions were that Tunsil would be even better at his natural left tackle position and that Asiata would give the line a physical presence. I was hopeful that James would play like he did in the second half of last season and that Pouncey would stay healthy.

James has played well, Tunsil has disappointed, Asiata hasn't earned that starting nod yet. The offensive line, as a whole, has been pretty bad and, unfortunately, that is really holding this team back. Obviously, Miami is nowhere near a top 5 offense. Right now, it's bottom 5.

Back
Top Bottom