Is Tua durable, and will he play the whole season? Draft sharks 2022 prediction and injury history. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua durable, and will he play the whole season? Draft sharks 2022 prediction and injury history.

Trying to predict injuries in the NFL is pretty much impossible on a single specific player basis. The most obvious reason for that is the data. All thats really available for someone to try and model this is injury reports and time missed. Both are basically useless on a scientific basis.

Injury reports simply arent reliable. Most teams actually use them as a tactical tool and I dont blame them, why would I tell you exactly where each of my players are hurt and why wouldnt I use it to actually steer you in the wrong direction?

Games missed dont tell you a whole lot either... Outside of maybe 10 QBs from year to year, teams handle the starter's injury from alot of different perspectives depending on a variety of situational elements. Tannehill missed a whole lot of time because of a personal decision that might have not been the best course of action in hindsight for example. Tua didnt start the Ravens game because he was too hurt to play but...

And I have no idea if Tua is going to get hurt or not, but I will tell you guys this, if you're going to put money or your fantasy team draft strategy at play trying to model injuries, dont ever use this type of forecasting. The right thing to do here is take the league average and just weigh it down slightly when a player has a big injury history.

He's about as durable as most. See Joe Burrow his rookie season. No Qaurter back is immune to injury except for a select few with a good offensive line.

I don’t know if I agree with this. I feel like Flores sat Tua more than he needed for whatever reason. I don’t think he likes the kid. I think QBs get banged up. Most play through it. I’m pretty sure it’s been said that Tua would have played against the Texans if it were up to him. And he thought he was going back in vs the Bills. Even missing the Jets game as a rookie felt more like a punishment for not performing better against the Broncos. I remember thinking that the Jets would have been a great opponent to build confidence against rather than sit him. I thought the way he approached handling young players was awful.

He's about as durable as most. See Joe Burrow his rookie season. No Qaurter back is immune to injury except for a select few with a good offensive line.
Or Deshaun Watson. Or Zach Wilson. Matt Stafford. Ryan Tannenhil. Carson Wentz. Baker Mayfield. Jamie’s Winston. And how can we forget Drew Brees. The damaged goods we passed on long ago. Lol

Or Deshaun Watson. Or Zach Wilson. Matt Stafford. Ryan Tannenhil. Carson Wentz. Baker Mayfield. Jamie’s Winston. And how can we forget Drew Brees. The damaged goods we passed on long ago. Lol
To be fair didn't brees have a 10% chance of throwing again or something close to that.

To be fair didn't brees have a 10% chance of throwing again or something close to that.
No. The big thing with Brees was his injury happened in December and teams weren’t sure if he’d be available to start the following season. We were testing his shoulder out 2 months after surgery. It was embarrassing for us.

No. The big thing with Brees was his injury happened in December and teams weren’t sure if he’d be available to start the following season. We were testing his shoulder out 2 months after surgery. It was embarrassing for us.
I remember a documentary where his doctors said he had a 20% chance to throw again.

I remember a documentary where his doctors said he had a 20% chance to throw again.
It must have been directed by Chargers fans trying save face. There’s no mention of that. And you don’t give 60 million to a QB in 2006 if that’s the case. The point I was making is that injuries early in a career don’t really equal injury prone.

Please no more durability threads on Tua. We all know hes like peanut brittle. A broken wrist, two broken ankles, and a broken hip at the ripe old age of 22. Lets not forget the hit he took against buffalo last year. Any other QB gets back up into the huddle. He didnt.
Well right now he is our starting Qaurter back so like it or lump it. Best to hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom