"...it is believed Rogers will first visit Miami" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"...it is believed Rogers will first visit Miami"

Hasta said:
I wonder if Joey is giving the coaches any inside information on this guy?

He is proly saying what everyone already knows. The guy is lazy and made of glass.

The reason he was dropped in Detroit isn't because of his injuries it's becuase of his additude. He is like T.O. without the skillz.

oh I almost forgot he is one strike away from a year long suspension as well.

Shamboubou said:
I think that he would be a pretty good pickup really. I mean that guy was pretty solid in Detroit and you can take what anybody did in Detroit and mulitply it by 3 and that is how good they really are. :D Its the rule of 3 that applies to Detroit.

In reality I think he would be good to have, not for just this year, but for a few years because of Bookers uncertainty with the Fins. He's a young talent that could help this team.

I agree with the Detroit rule of three

I really liked the guy coming out of college. He was doing well before he got hurt his rookie year. Seems like he's been a dog since though. I say we give him a chance, you never know about players coming out of Detroit. That place is a quagmire.

I wonder if being one strike away from a year suspension will alter any interest we have in him. First Ricky, now Sammy, Charles might be behind the eight ball on this one. I don't think we're a Charles Rogers away from the mountain top, so I say let's focus our attention elsewhere. The last thing we want is another player getting a suspension for substance abuse.

There's no doubt in my mind that we'll give him a look. It's basically a no-risk situation. You sign him to a small deal with incentives and elevators then if he's the bust from detroit you cut him. But if we can catch lightning in a bottle and get the STUD that Nick recruited to Michigan State and was a #3 pick, it's a huge windfall. Doesn't that remind you of another player we picked up from detriot? A high pick that couldn't live up to expectations in a poisionus situation. Besides, you know Saban will give his old "fully evaluate any player that can help our team line" like always.

dude is scary talented, but I don't think he is worth a roster spot

I would rather have vick

can he play ST's?

If we pick him up I'm not gonna fret about it. Honestly, if he doesn't make it here in Miami if he's picked up, then at least we know that he's no better than Fred Gibson. That should tell us that Gibson has some promise here sooner or later....how soon? Don't know...

montreal_bimmer said:
rogers is a very good reciever, and with daunte throwing him the ball, he will really be able to show off his skills. he is tall, and he is a good jumper, excellent to pick the balls out of the CB's hands.

i say we sign him
36 receptions, 440 yards, 4 TDs.

These are His CAREER Stats!!!:sidelol:

Shamboubou said:
I think that he would be a pretty good pickup really. I mean that guy was pretty solid in Detroit and you can take what anybody did in Detroit and mulitply it by 3 and that is how good they really are. :D Its the rule of 3 that applies to Detroit.

In reality I think he would be good to have, not for just this year, but for a few years because of Bookers uncertainty with the Fins. He's a young talent that could help this team.

I wouldn't say that he was solid in Detroit. Maybe anything but solid. He was always hurt and didn't do much to stand out when he wasn't hurt. With that being said... if he can play special teams (which I don't think he can) then I say we give him a shot but there has to be a reason why Mike Martz is going to be playing Corey Bradford opposite Roy Williams instead of keeping the more talented Charles Rogers.

If we pick him up I'd suppose we would then get rid of ZG or Vickerson via trade hopefully. We would thus keep Russell on the 53 roster. Unless we sign Antwoin Smith that is.

South Florida said:
"Dolphins coach Nick Saban recruited him to Michigan State."

In my opinion, that's about the only reason to believe Rogers would be successful in Miami. He has attitude, work ethic, injury, and drug problems. There's a reason why Detroit released him. But I wouldn't be against bringing him in for look, since it would be a low-risk, high-reward potential situation, as Miami wouldn't have to give up anything for him.

And plus, if he did make the team, it could make the fans' reaction at the Thanksgiving Day game even more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom