It seems a lot of people have forgotten.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It seems a lot of people have forgotten....

I'm quite positive coach McD and his entire offensive staff reviewed every play from last year several times. After their evaluation of the running game they brought in Edmonds, Mostert, Michel, Ingold and drafted White and extended Ahmed. I would say they already made their preliminary decision on who will be carrying the rock. I wish Gaskins well with his next team. He's a decent player and good locker room guy. Just not a good fit for how the Phins 22-23 offense will be run.

I have not liked Gaskin as the Phins RB, too many soft runs, head out of bounds, not break tackles kind of guy. I remember many good plays but think if any of the new RB's got the same amount of touches we would see a greater net of good plays.

I'm quite positive coach McD and his entire offensive staff reviewed every play from last year several times. After their evaluation of the running game they brought in Edmonds, Mostert, Michel, Ingold and drafted White and extended Ahmed. I would say they already made their preliminary decision on who will be carrying the rock. I wish Gaskins well with his next team. He's a decent player and good locker room guy. Just not a good fit for how the Phins 22-23 offense will be run.
There's lots of competition but Gaskin seems to respond to that quite well. Plus if we're going to make excuses for our QB play based on OL then we'll have to extend that premise to the RBs as well. Gaskin could prove to be a more "complete" back than some think. As with QB we'll see soon enough.

I have not liked Gaskin as the Phins RB, too many soft runs, head out of bounds, not break tackles kind of guy. I remember many good plays but think if any of the new RB's got the same amount of touches we would see a greater net of good plays.
I liked him b/c he was a guy who worked hard and got the most out of his ability. He was a great 7th round pick for us. I agree about his very limited ability to break tackles. Even in the highlight year posted by the OP, he was among the league worst at breaking tackles. But the reality is that his talent level and fit make him, at best, 4th on the depth chart. And IMO it's more likely 5th or 6th. Short of a rash of injuries, I don't see anyway he makes the final roster.

As George Carlin once quipped (I paraphrase), "If we started throwing white, middle-class, republican bankers in jail; things would get better fast."

Not really, you'd just end up with corruption by different classes. Every country has issues and in every country a select group of people make decisions. All that taking that group down does is replace the corrupt with a new class of the corrupt.

Tldr: Humans of all races, religions and country of origin have a tendency towards oppression and tyranny.

...how much of a playmaker Myles Gaskin was for us in 2020. I'm not saying he was Walter Payton or Barry Sanders, but he was definitely a big part of our offense two years ago. I just think the cancer that was Flores and his completely inept crew of offensive coaches wrecked whatever shot Gaskin had of being productive last year.

Look at his 2020 highlight reel and tell me he wouldn't be a good fit in McD's offense. And let's not pretend that the RB's we brought in this offseason are any better than they really are. If the best player truly gets the job this year, we could be seeing a lot more plays like these. I hope it happens.

I have to admit that I think the talent gap between Gaskin and guys we brought in is a lot closer than people realize. With the one exception being a healthy Mostert. That guys a beast. But I don’t think Edmonds or Michel are head and shoulders above Gaskin. I’m excited to see what he does in this offense this off-season.

You can see how pedestrian Gaskin is from that video. That’s why we are trying to upgrade.

Gaskin doesn't have either the size or burst to be a great back, however he made many decent plays for his physical limitations. I think Duke Johnston greatly benefited from every defensive starter in the NFL being worn out by the time he became the starter. I also think Gaskin will probably make the team as there's a better than average chance one of the new backs will not be available at the start of the season, law of averages thing.Good kid, good player also good locker room guy, just not great.

Great guy off the field, Mediocre on the field.

He barely ever gained yards after contact. Sorry, but you need to be able to do that in the NFL.

You know what is funny though, I think he is a great 3rd RB to have. If he is your first RB though, that is a problem.

As George Carlin once quipped (I paraphrase), "If we started throwing white, middle-class, republican bankers in jail; things would get better fast."
If we start sending politicians and their kids to fight the wars, we would have no wars. They are very happy sending others to fight their wars.

Back
Top Bottom