It was a gimmick defense!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It was a gimmick defense!!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
That is true. And also, the Giants defense this year is known for running out of gas in the 4th quarter. I'm sure that also had something to do with it

Another good point CK, the announcers mentioned that some believe the Giants do not substitute along the D line enough and this causes them to get winded in the 4th...

Those guys tackle on the first hit though. I was sure when the Phins didn't wrap up they were starting to give up.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not everyone has the front 7 that the Giants do. Lets face it with Mike Barrow, Michael Strahan, Keith Hamilton (who surprisingly played, he was listed questionable), Cornelius Griffin, and Brandon Short the Giants have one of the better front 7's in all of football.

BTW, rushing 5 people is not a "gimmick" defense. A lot of teams rush 5 people. A lot of teams have at least one linebacker come in on a delayed blitz, or make his read and determine if any receiver will be his responsibility to cover and if not, he rushes. You can't sit there and say that rushing 5 people, even 6 people, is some special defense that no team is going to run all day. Most teams have the ability and the will to rush 5 for most downs if not all. The Eagles do it as easily as breathing. The offensive line works on blitz pickups constantly. They should have been prepared.

I'm not going to "split hairs" with you about what you think is a gimmick or not.

I consider it a gimmick. As a matter of fact the defense you mentioned (Eagles) I have always considered a gimmick. Sure it's worked pretty well for them to run it in a soft division to get into the playoffs but where has it gotten them in championship football?

A blitz is a blitz and it's a gamble no matter how you spin it.

By the way....

In my little league division (10-11) I consider the 70 a gimmick too and I've ran it sparingly. :D

This year I've stuck with the "box end" 60 and got torched up the middle, to the outside, and off tackle. I can put them in the right places but I can't make the tackle.

I watched my team take four stiff arms on one play. :shakeno:

O' well....Back to the tackling drills...We're 2-3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom