It wasn't Jay and it wasn't Wanny..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It wasn't Jay and it wasn't Wanny.....

Re: Re: It wasn't Jay and it wasn't Wanny.....

Originally posted by dolfan06
more precisely, it was tha defense. jay never should have been put into the position of winning it. the tackling was absolutely terrible. and there was a dropped INT by buckley and he had a wide open field in front of him.
i don't know how many passes chambers dropped, the last one hit him right in the chest!.
i told my wife, if i were philly i'd throw deep on the first play and the dolphins weren't ready for it.
i don't remember who it was that said the defense was overpaid, now i believe it!:rolleyes:

I've been saying it for the past 2 years. Overpaid and overrated

Good post Infins...The Miami Dolphins lost it...the coaching staff, the offense, the defense...it was wretched. Philly came to play, and the Dolphins didnt

Re: then on...

Originally posted by run34run
just one of the many reasons i hate jay fiedler

I really hope that you wrote this quickly in the heat of the moment and that you don't really hate Jay Fiedler. If you do, I have to seriously suggest you take a look at your life. Having hatred for a sports figure is only a couple of steps from acting like those screwy soccer fans who trample each other after games and kill players who mess up in the World Cup.

I will say this about Jay: he looked like exactly like the QB the team that showed up tonight deserved. This season is almost certainly now going to end in profound disappointment for all of us Dolphin fans, and I have to agree that the only faint silver lining I see is that this team will be revamped and under new management next year. It has been a long time coming, and I don't really even blame the people on both the managment side and on the player side who will be gone. I know they wanted it to turn out better, but it didn't. It's just time to move on...

Jay got us 24 points....Isn't 24 points supposed to be good enough for this defense????.....This 40 million dollar defense.......this 40 million dollar defense that folds EVERY year.

Re: your blind

or your smoking crack... jay looked HORRIBLE...2 crucial picks and the overthrow that counted the most...chambers woulda never got hurt if they woulda ran ricky on 2 and 3 instead of throwing incomplete which forced a 3 and 3...
they were playing from behind the whole game, and that my friend was because the defense couldn't stop anybody!:tongue:

Re: Re: your blind

Originally posted by dolfan06
they were playing from behind the whole game, and that my friend was because the defense couldn't stop anybody!:tongue:
The voice of sanity....:lol:

if

if we had a BETTER QB and a better coach, i bet we woudlnt have been playing from behind for most of the game

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
we learned one thing from this game: Jay does a horrible job picking up the blitz
like i said, jay should never have been in a position to throw the damn ball. if the defense had of stopped somebody, we wouldn't have needed touch downs. when you have a runningback that is getting it done, there should be no reason to throw!:yell:

Re: if

if we had a BETTER QB and a better coach, i bet we woudlnt have been playing from behind for most of the game
yeah, because the defense would have suddenly found the ability to tackle and not commit a personal foul......what game were you watching anyway????

I look at it like this ...... tonite was a shoot-out. The Eagles showed up with a cannon (McNabb) and the Dolphins showed up with a squirt gun (Fiedler).

Re: if

why don't you read what your shoveling, was it the coaching that let em score on the third play. wanny didn't get beat by the receiver, a DB did.
it wasn't the coaching staff that they ran through either, it was the whole damn defense!:yell:

Misplaced expectations my friends... Jay Fiedler did not loose this game for us. Look at the pay roll, and adjust your expectations accordingly... per our roster our gameplan is to dominate the other team's O, and play the ugly inch by inch field position game on offense. Our D sucked, and Fiedler was playing out of character... catchup non-ball control ball. That being said, I do NOT believe you can stack the payroll of the team so heavily in favor of the D and expect to be a good team. I hope we bring in new coaching immediatly, and I hope that it ends this little "experimentation" with trying to build the worlds greatest D. IMHO, you could field the 11 highest payed D players, and I'd take the team that is an underdog... but playing as a COHESIVE UNIT.

"Would you bring Seau back next year? He was awful out there, missed Donavan several times and then when the defense makes a play on third down, he gets called for roughing the passer.

Let him go. Total waste when the offense needed so much help in the off season. "

seau wasn't the only one with problems on the D side of the ball. i'd say they all played sloppy. did they forget how to tackle?

Another note, the changes I mentioned above, IMO HAVE to include a shift of philosophy from a conservative don't loose the game O to one with a killer instinct. I never thought that I'd say this... but look at the Bengles offense.... I'd KILL for that kind of heart at this point.

Back
Top Bottom