It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
dolphins.jpg

This quarterback competition the Miami Dolphins have been nursing since April is down to its final few days before a decision is made whether Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh Rosen will start the regular-season opener against the Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 8.

And this thing is nip and tuck.

But for the wrong reason.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article234136227.html

I agree 100%

I would give Rosen the slimmest of edge's, but I haven't seen the practices, and if the coaches are giving Ryan the edge due to practices so be it.

Rosen played great what games have you been watching???

I don't see Flores as a "Tank for Tua" kind of guy, so I see him going with Rosen in order to determine if he's the future or if we need to use a #1 on a QB. Fitz is a known product. I don't think Flores needs to see anymore of him to make any determination.

Armando is merely stating the obvious. Neither of these guys are playing at starter caliber. Granted its pre season but you know what you have in Fitzpatrick and Rosen is showing what he showed at UCLA. Inconsistent under achiever. Could Rosen magically turn it on? Of course but the odds aren't good of it happening.

What QB competition? Rosen has basically been given the starting job already even if he doesn't start the season.

Rosen isnt competing to start, he is biding his time. Rosen doesnt need to step up as he will eventually start regardless of how mediocre his play may be, and Fitz is not going to step up since it is useless at this point.

Buddy, you can't step up when the pocket is crumbling right back into your face.

Back
Top Bottom