It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up

Dumb article by a dumb individual.

Armando is a complete idiot, and I'm ecstatic to have the opportunity to say that knowing he lurks this site.

The QB rating is the worst stat in all of sports along with the “save” in baseball.
It’s what a QB does in the fourth quarter to win you a game that counts. Not some padded stat

At this point, if Rosen is equal to Fitz than he has made strides. What we don't know if he is our franchise QB, but will know by the end of the season.

I don't think Flores is a big fan of Josh Rosen. He has mentioned he would like to see better body language from Rosen and has commented on Fitzpatrick being a great leader. Well Rosen isn't going to be that guy, that was some of the concerns about Rosen coming out of college and if Flores and company really did their homework on this kid before trading for him then they should have known this. I think it's a complete waste of time to start Fitzpatrick.

There's a lot of truth in this post.

Frankly, I hope Rosen starts. But that doesn't mean he's earning it, reaching out and grabbing it, or looking good. This is Huard vs. Fiedler all over again. Or maybe Garrard vs. Tannehill.

I'll start being optimistic about Josh Rosen when he starts going through his progressions more fluidly and starts throwing and playing with anticipation. That's what is clearly missing. He's not anticipating the rush; his sack rate per pressure would make Tannehill blush. He's not throwing with anticipation, as everything is coming out slightly late and he's visibly turning what should be one read into two reads.

There's a reason Brian Flores called him out in the press today for how long he's holding the ball, how many practice and game sacks he's taking unnecessarily.

I don't think people really have a great sense for what it looks like when their team does have a bonafied franchise signal caller. Brian Flores does.

Man, the Huard-Fiedler thing is just spot on. Great comparison. I hope you are right about Flores and his assessment of QB’s. I hope he figures ou how to protect them, too.

You're blind! The guy has already escaped more would be sacks than Tannehill did his entire years as a starter here. Rewrite your post! Try again.

I think you know better than that. Even if we accept your premise, how many more sacks has he eluded? What did he accomplish with the ball after eluding the sacks? Tannehill would have killed for the protection Rosen had against TB.

If you are just a rabid supporter of Rosen, fine, but you still haven’t provided a single thing about him that is elite. Not one. I’m waiting....

There's a lot of truth in this post.

Frankly, I hope Rosen starts. But that doesn't mean he's earning it, reaching out and grabbing it, or looking good. This is Huard vs. Fiedler all over again. Or maybe Garrard vs. Tannehill.

I'll start being optimistic about Josh Rosen when he starts going through his progressions more fluidly and starts throwing and playing with anticipation. That's what is clearly missing. He's not anticipating the rush; his sack rate per pressure would make Tannehill blush. He's not throwing with anticipation, as everything is coming out slightly late and he's visibly turning what should be one read into two reads.

There's a reason Brian Flores called him out in the press today for how long he's holding the ball, how many practice and game sacks he's taking unnecessarily.

I don't think people really have a great sense for what it looks like when their team does have a bonafied franchise signal caller. Brian Flores does.

Two years ago you had Rosen as a top 10 prospect and now this??? Also what has Brian Flores done in this league as a head coach or talent evaluator that makes his opinion beyond reproach? Please don’t say he’s witnessed Brady day in and day out so he should know, you’re better than both of these takes.

I don't think Flores is a big fan of Josh Rosen. He has mentioned he would like to see better body language from Rosen and has commented on Fitzpatrick being a great leader. Well Rosen isn't going to be that guy, that was some of the concerns about Rosen coming out of college and if Flores and company really did their homework on this kid before trading for him then they should have known this. I think it's a complete waste of time to start Fitzpatrick.

I’m starting to think that Grier made the call to trade for Rosen against Flores’s wishes. The battles he’s picking are just so strange. Body language, really??? Either that or he’s gambling too hard on head games and taking problems outside the locker room and to the media.

Fitz - played 14 passing plays he is 5 of 14 for 40 yards 0TDS and 0INTS (Where the hell is the production here 0 scoring drives)? I see none.

Rosen - played 38 passing plays he is 23 of 38 for 293 yards 0TDS and 1INT (3 scoring drives 2 FG's and a TD that was called back because Williams stepped out. (I love watching the tape he goes through his progressions Baldinger assesses this ****ing accurately as he could. So right now he is leading this QB competition as he has passed Fitz in every aspect. As a fan of the Miami Dolphins I like Rosen. But I also like Rudock

Rudock - played 19 passing plays he is 12 of 19 for 137 yards 2TDS and 1INT (3 scoring drives 2TDS 1INT). Yes, he played against 3rd and 4th Players so I cannot fully assess him. He will play the whole entire 4th game. At that point we will know if he worthy of putting on the PS.

For me, Fitz needs to show me 4 scoring drives 2 TDS and 2FGS for me say he is our starter. So far he is not producing. He is a veteran so he knows what to do even with a shitty OL.

But, I feel Rosen is going shine on Thursday and nip this in bud.

We need to see our future. Josh Rosen is our future. He is freaking 22! So be patient he is just a young kid!

Whoever is our starting QB I still see 6-8 wins regardless.

ROSEN will start.

Last edited:
I will be happy when we have a QB that is good enough that we don't have to have 6 months of arguing if he's good or not. Or a QB that's good enough to have beaten out Fitzpatrick before the third preseason game or beat him out period haha

I do not agree with this
Rosen should clearly be the starter
He hasn't set the world on fire but the talent is obvious
As long as OL can somewhat keep him protected done deal in my eyes
I agree, but I'd be okay with Fitz getting a few opening starts. Maybe Baltimore and New England. Let the offensive line get some playing time together and see how they progress. Rosen by game three or four is okay by me.

I don't like saying Armando is right so I'll just say he's not wrong.

Rosen hasn't done anything to show he's the guy and wishing it so ain't going to make it so.

He should get plenty of starts this year to prove me wrong, but highly unlikely QB is not top priority for 2020 off-season.

Like Tannehill he seems like a nice guy, but not the guy for the Dolphins.

I agree, but I'd be okay with Fitz getting a few opening starts. Maybe Baltimore and New England. Let the offensive line get some playing time together and see how they progress. Rosen by game three or four is okay by me.

I woudn't argue with that

I think Flores is starting RF this week to see if he makes his decision for him. If he plays great and moves the offense and they score plenty of points then he will start week one. If he can't get the offense going with the first team then Flores would know that he needs to start Rosen.
At least I think that could be what he's thinking.

Back
Top Bottom