It’s just sinking in | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s just sinking in

I love that this mega team is built around a 2 year window which allows us flexibility if all goes wrong.

I believe we’ll be great if we can protect Tua and he plays 85% of the snaps. This is our time, boys.

Tua, while mistake prone isn’t the kinda guy that will give games away with turnovers and this defense should make up for errors on offense.

Our CB duo - on paper - might be the best tandem since the Raiders fielded Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes (acquired via trade) which they rode to 2 SB wins the early 80’s IIR.

Ramses the Great and Professor X - I hereby dub them. Yes, I know they both may be a little past their primes but they both make plays. They get turnovers. They score TDs. They change the outcome of games.

Serious question - besides Hayes and Haynes, what tandems would you put up there w these guys?

View attachment 135309
View attachment 135310
Come on dude—Surtain and Madison.

Sheesh. Well, not to be grim but there’s the likelihood that some of these guys miss games due to inevitable injuries etc. But yeah, we have our work cut out for us
Every one of those qbs will fear playing us. There is a chance that we can be a historically great defense. We have a lot of young guys that are entering their prime at the same time.

Question: Who take WR#1 X or Ramsey or do they just stay on their side and take whoever lines up there ?
Most of the time probably what ever side. As Fangio runs more zone coverage, and tries to be deceptive. When he does go man, I would go Ramset on 1. But sometimes if you have two good CB just let them stay ona side. More practice and more natural feel if they are always on the same side.

They didn’t perform like it but on paper going off careers Nnamdi and Asante with DRC in the slot. Sam and Pat have to be up there, both borderline HOF although I think they both miss out unfortunately.

Question: Who take WR#1 X or Ramsey or do they just stay on their side and take whoever lines up there ?

That’s the great part of one struggles or doesn’t match up well they can switch. Diggs cooked Ramsey this year however in each of the last two seasons, diggs has had 2 out of his 6 worst games each season going against X. Now X didn’t shut him down averaged like 60 yards but compared to most other games he had both season, he did as well as you could.

They didn’t perform like it but on paper going off careers Nnamdi and Asante with DRC in the slot. Sam and Pat have to be up there, both borderline HOF although I think they both miss out unfortunately.
I had forgotten about Nnamdi and Samuel - in fact, I don’t think I remember it. Raiders or Pats?

That’s the great part of one struggles or doesn’t match up well they can switch. Diggs cooked Ramsey this year however in each of the last two seasons, diggs has had 2 out of his 6 worst games each season going against X. Now X didn’t shut him down averaged like 60 yards but compared to most other games he had both season, he did as well as you could.
X has played Diggs well the last couple of years. Two years ago he picked his pocket for a INT on a quick slant that was beautiful. Ramsey is more physical than X and X gets his hands on more balls 🏈. Going to be interesting. Here’s to hoping they both have enough left in their tanks.

Random- does anyone know who’s the faster player? That may dictate some of the assignments as well

X has played Diggs well the last couple of years. Two years ago he picked his pocket for a INT on a quick slant that was beautiful. Ramsey is more physical than X and X gets his hands on more balls 🏈. Going to be interesting. Here’s to hoping they both have enough left in their tanks.

Random- does anyone know who’s the faster player? That may dictate some of the assignments as well

Gotta be Ramsey, x has always been kind of slow just is always in good position and has pretty good quick few steps to make up yards but isn’t a straight line burner

Back
Top Bottom