Its Offical Miami Fans: Coker got Fired! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Offical Miami Fans: Coker got Fired!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
59-15, a National Championship, a national titles game loss (which should have been a win), 3-2 in bowl games, 3 BCS bowls, and a ton of first round draft picks. Now listen guys, I know Coker had a lot of success with Butch's guys but I still smell a bum rap here!

2 players shot. 1 dead.

3 brawls in 1 year. Embarassing the University.

THAT is what got him fired moreso than the 6-6 season

MikeO said:
2 players shot. 1 dead.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

MikeO said:
2 players shot. 1 dead.

[mod]No need for a Personal Attack[/mod]

MikeO said:
2 players shot. 1 dead.

:confused:

Coker never learned how to make adjustments. He's like a baseball manager for goodness sake, he just watches from the sideline.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
59-15, a National Championship, a national titles game loss (which should have been a win), 3-2 in bowl games, 3 BCS bowls, and a ton of first round draft picks. Now listen guys, I know Coker had a lot of success with Butch's guys but I still smell a bum rap here!

Not only was most of that with Butch's players, but look at the team and how it is viewed again. He can't control his guys, which in some way is just as important as performing on the field. His team was bringing VERY bad publicity to the University, and it was really bad timing with all this "athletes getting special treatment" stuff coming back into the media spotlight. He is having an example made of him in some sense. Combined witht he fact that his team is WAY underperforming.

Wombat said:
:confused:

Coker never learned how to make adjustments. He's like a baseball manager for goodness sake, he just watches from the sideline.

I agree. The football aspect can't be overlooked. But when listing the reasons why he got fired the brawls and shootings are at the top of the list.

MikeO said:
I agree. The football aspect can't be overlooked. But when listing the reasons why he got fired the brawls and shootings are at the top of the list.

I think the football aspect is "the straw that broke the camel's back." If they went 11-1, or 10-2 I don't think he would have been fired. I think it's all the negative publicity PLUS the crappy performance that got him fired. People tend to be more tolerant of screw ups when you are getting them wins. As horrible and disrespectful as that sounds for the player who lost his life in the shooting, it's the truth.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

He started off 24-1

Wanna know what happened after that? Most of Butch's players were gone and he couldnt coach up his own.

Take it a step further his next season was 11-2 so he started 35-3

Know what has happened since then?

24-12 that is HORRIBLE for a UM coach

Coker sounded pretty sure he was coming back after the BC game...he told Erin Andrews he was "coming back and going recruiting." Not for Miami you won't !!!

Yep, I guess this season wasn't a total wash . . .he stays around another year at 9-3.

MikeO said:
2 players shot. 1 dead.

Hmm..a columnist for finheaven, eh? I'll be sure to check out your insightful articles. Really, you hit the nail on the head here! :rolleyes: Get a clue dude. You have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about.

Miami's a dangerous city, you wanna blame Larry Coker for that? Coker embarrassed the university in no way. He worked his butt off for us, but he didn't get results...that's why he's gone. We let him finish the year because he's a classy guy, but a 6-6 record simply doesn't cut it down here.

MikeO said:
2 players shot. 1 dead.

i'm gonna agree with this..also, Schiano would be a awesome pickup..and you all know that coker helped recruit some of those players under butch davis...also davis couldnt do it with those players, but coker did

tucker said:
i'm gonna agree with this..also, Schiano would be a awesome pickup..and you all know that coker helped recruit some of those players under butch davis...also davis couldnt do it with those players, but coker did

Have you ever watched a Hurricane game? He makes NO adjustments at halftime, doesnt coach his players up. In fact he once said he shouldnt have to coach them up because great players have the instinct already.

He was a HORRIBLE coach, but a good coordinator

Back
Top Bottom