Its Offical Miami Fans: Coker got Fired! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Offical Miami Fans: Coker got Fired!

if miami went 11-1 with the brawl and the pata death, coker would not be fired. in fact, he'd probably win coach of the year. of COURSE his getting fired is a DEFINITE result of the 6-6 record.

UF Fin Kat said:
if miami went 11-1 with the brawl and the pata death, coker would not be fired. in fact, he'd probably win coach of the year. of COURSE his getting fired is a DEFINITE result of the 6-6 record.

:yeahthat:

In the end at the U winning is all that matters

305TillIDie said:
no

going 6-6 in one season got him fired..this has NOTHING to do with Bryan's Murder...

nothing!!

Yeah from what I know Bryan's shooting had NOTHING to do with football and he was a good kid.

So unless Coker shot him (which obviously didnt happen) there is no reason to fire him for that.

The Blueprint said:
Our defensive cord. will probably coach the bowl game.

This is the best news I've heard in a long *** time though! Thank God!

ESPN ticker says Coker will coach the bowl game if UM gets an invite.

MikeO said:
It's never a great day when you fire a coach. :shakeno: :shakeno:

It always sets the program back

Not the case in this instance at all.
This program was clearly headed in the wrong direction.
You can't correct the ship without making changes where they are needed.

MikeO said:
2 players shot. 1 dead.

3 brawls in 1 year. Embarassing the University.

THAT is what got him fired moreso than the 6-6 season

:shakeno:

Please, spare us will you.
There has been a noticeable downward trend in this program the past few years. There have been rumblings from boosters and former players the past few years as well. This isn't a result of any of the above, it was simply a matter of time.

UF Fin Kat said:
everything you just said was accomplished with butch davis's players.

hey, if you had that kind of record at other schools with another man's recruits, you'd get a 10 year extension (since we all know that Charlie Weiss is the one that brought Quinn,Walker,Shark,Zbikowski, ect to South Bend).

Note:I'm not really taking a shot at ND or Miami, just saying that a program should give the coach atleat 3 years to judge him; since by year 3 his players are on the field.

As for the new coach, why not go after Norm Chow? he wanted the Stanford job, and he's unhappy in Tennessee. He's IMO one of, if not the, best offensive mind in American Football.

I doubt Schiano or Alvarez leave their respective positions now; especially to clean up the mess in Miami. BUT, guys like Chow, mid-major coaches, or some coaches out west would definatly take the job.

There are few jobs in college football that come with as much pressure, spotlight, attention, and glamor as the HC of the Miami Hurricanes. Personally, I'd like to see Coker go to a smaller program with a little less pressure, and some time to get things going. I think he could make a smaller school into something that way, but he wasn't the long-term fit for UM. NC would've been a good job for him.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
a national titles game loss (which should have been a win), !

ahh, so people are still trotting out this false information? I'm not a Hurricane or Buckeye fan, but despite the fact that the flag was late, Miami's corner clearly had his arm locked around the OSU receiver. the call made WAS pass interference, but only a blind man with negative two eyes couldn't have seen the massive hold the Hurricane player put on the OSU player. it was egregious.

Metal Panda said:
ahh, so people are still trotting out this false information? I'm not a Hurricane or Buckeye fan, but despite the fact that the flag was late, Miami's corner clearly had his arm locked around the OSU receiver. the call made WAS pass interference, but only a blind man with negative two eyes couldn't have seen the massive hold the Hurricane player put on the OSU player. it was egregious.
you enjoy stirring the pot dont you?:shakeno:

Only when people continue to bemoan an alleged bad call from 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom