Its official Kyle Pitts is greatest TE prospect | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its official Kyle Pitts is greatest TE prospect

Well that's against DeMarvin Leal in the first clip - top underclassman DE in my rankings heading into next year. You won't see many 6'4", 290 pound guys with his athleticism, explosiveness, agility and bend. Not too far off from a Mario Williams comparison. Type of kid who could rack up 100 sacks in the NFL by the time his career is over.

As long as I've been doing this I've never wanted to put a TE as the top overall prospect in the draft.

Until now.

Pitts is that unique of a talent and has proven his dominance - the QB's cause me doubt. The way Pitts transitions from catch to run, and ability to catch the ball in stride and tuck it away is magnificent even by elite WR standards. Even if you can manage to stay with him you still can't stop him from catching the football because he's so big and physical at the catchpoint. Basically uncoverable and you'll pull your hair out trying to figure out how to matchup with him.

Best overall athlete in the draft that just happens to also score points. Those are tough combination to beat.
I love pitts, I believe I’ve made 2 threads about him already. Miami has the unique opportunity to add either pitts, chase or smith. I would be happy with any of them. But I want pitts, rare prospect.

Most athletic/dominating TE the past 20 years were tony Gonzalez (hall of famer) ,Antonio gates( will be a hall of famer) and gronk. Then after them we have jimmy graham, Kelce, Bennett , Jason witten etc... there has been serious TE talent these past 20 yrs.

There's always next...may or may not be better but that's debatable.

Jack then Tiger.

Jordan then LeBron.

Jerry Rice and then Randy Moss (or a few others)..

Montana then Brady.

etc. etc.

Maybe it'll be that way with Pitts. *shrug*

He's got a really good chance to be really special..more than most in this draft.

What I don't get is that everyone compared Tua to Brees coming out but people seem to forget that Brees struggled at first in San Diego until when....Antonio Gates emerged as an elite TE in I believe his 2nd year. Then in NO Brees to JImmy Graham was unstoppable. Everyone knew what was coming and nothing could be done. Get Tua a Gates/Graham in Pitts and it will give him a safety net basically. Even if we do nothing else to the receiving core but get Pitts, its a win in my mind, I think he will help our offense immensely.

What I don't get is that everyone compared Tua to Brees coming out but people seem to forget that Brees struggled at first in San Diego until when....Antonio Gates emerged as an elite TE in I believe his 2nd year. Then in NO Brees to JImmy Graham was unstoppable. Everyone knew what was coming and nothing could be done. Get Tua a Gates/Graham in Pitts and it will give him a safety net basically. Even if we do nothing else to the receiving core but get Pitts, its a win in my mind, I think he will help our offense immensely.
Better not trade down then, Pitts is going top 6

Kyle Pitts had PFF's highest Receiving Grade in 2020 at 96.1, with Devonta Smith at 95.6 close behind.

Everyone else below 93.

What's interesting to me is that Pitts's average depth of target was 13.8 yards. I knew he worked the deep sections of the field atypically for a Tight End, but what I didn't realize is he worked the deep sections of the field atypically even for a Wide Receiver.

It's like 82nd percentile among all WR/TEs with at least 40 targets.

Among the draftable receivers that had 80+ receiving grades, only Dyami Brown and Tylan Wallace had a higher average depth of target.

It's pretty interesting.

That's why I love Dyami and Tylan. If they were physical beasts they'd be first round, both of them.

I'd take a either Pitts at #3 or a Qb. Pitts is guy a defense has to pay attention to every single snap for every single second. That is a nice nice weapon that transforms an offense day one.

Kyle Pitts had PFF's highest Receiving Grade in 2020 at 96.1, with Devonta Smith at 95.6 close behind.

Everyone else below 93.

What's interesting to me is that Pitts's average depth of target was 13.8 yards. I knew he worked the deep sections of the field atypically for a Tight End, but what I didn't realize is he worked the deep sections of the field atypically even for a Wide Receiver.

It's like 82nd percentile among all WR/TEs with at least 40 targets.

Among the draftable receivers that had 80+ receiving grades, only Dyami Brown and Tylan Wallace had a higher average depth of target.

It's pretty interesting.
Indeed.

You sir have a very understanding mind. I agree with you 100%.

Gators could have chosen to never play Kyle Pitts inside or in-line, and he'd be Mike Evans.

Evans is 6046 & 231 lbs., ran a 4.53 electronic and 4.46 hand-timed. His splits were not as good as what Pitts showed the other day.

But as much as I love and have always loved Mike Evans, if you threw him into the slot and had him run this route, I'm not sure it would look this good. It might. But I'm not sure.

wow

Ive been championing Pitts for a while now, over everyone but Chase. I simply love the game he plays.

Now with a guy like Fuller to be your speed guy, does Miami look at Pitts after the trade down? Is it even a luxury you can afford?

Ive been championing Pitts for a while now, over everyone but Chase. I simply love the game he plays.

Now with a guy like Fuller to be your speed guy, does Miami look at Pitts after the trade down? Is it even a luxury you can afford?

Totally depends how they rank their boards. Is Pitts so high on their board that they can't bare to let him up? If so, my only trade down would be one spot down to Atlanta that would presumably draft a Qb. If not, I'd stay put unless you get another Tunsil like godfather offer.

Back
Top Bottom