It's time to move cornerback up on Dolphins' 2020 draft needs list | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time to move cornerback up on Dolphins' 2020 draft needs list

Think again...

Give me a Marcus Peters or Aquib Talib. Our draft should be best player available that fits our system.

WRs and corners get pretty much the same thing. WRs might actually get paid a little more. The last thing I want to hear is OL and cheap. Draft Tua, protect him and give him some weapons.
Any examples to back that up?

If you are talking about the Julio Jones' of the world maybe, but those guys usually aren't available to begin with.

As to not wanting cheap FA O-line? Did you see what Juwan James got? No way we are paying that kind of jack. Maybe we take a tackle late in rd1, but that means settling for less at another position. I don't really see us taking a center, or guard before late 2nd round.

Think again...

Give me a Marcus Peters or Aquib Talib. Our draft should be best player available that fits our system.

Talib will be 34 next year that's a hard pass.

No! We don't. Get Real.
we need QB, Drake leaves a lot to be desired not to mention he's a FA, Ballage right now sucks so you can add RB, WR with Albert Wilson's cap number next year almost $11M, they might not feel he's worth that especially when the dead money if he's cut is only $1.3M, and Preston Williams still has a long way to go to satisfy us there, definitely need TE, we'll arguably need 4 new starters on the OL, multiple DE's, S and CB...yea pretty much everything...really the only positions we might be fine at are DT and LB.

I'm sure CB2 is very high on the list. Honestly, after QB and DE, CB2 is as big of a priority as anything. Sure, we need two pass rushers, so maybe DE1 and DE2, and sure, we need an OT, RG, and maybe even a C, plus probably another WR for the new QB. But After QB and DE1, I'm guessing CB2 is their highest priority. With 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders, I'm confident we'll get our CB2 with one of those picks unless we win too many games and have to trade up to get our QB.

The talent level of this team is going to skyrocket following the 2020 draft, and CB2 is one of the biggest areas of improvement I'm looking to see. We'll have a lot of good CB's from which to choose, and I'm quite confident that we'll draft 2 or 3 DB's. For instance, Paulson Adebo looks like a cross between Xavien Howard and Richard Sherman … and he's not even projected to be a 1st rounder at this point in time (but that could change dramatically), so the CB2 position will get a major talent upgrade from Eric Rowe and Jomol Wiltz.

I'm sure most of these guys will rise in the draft rankings between now and then, because the guys I like tend to rise. But just to understand how great our draft is going to be, here's a mock draft I just did at Fanspeak.

1: R1P1 … QB JAKE FROMM … GEORGIA

9: R1P9 … EDGE CHASE YOUNG … OHIO STATE

24: R1P24 … CB KRISTIAN FULTON … LSU

33: R2P1 … C TYLER BIADASZ … WISCONSIN

55: R2P23 … OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON … OREGON

65: R3P1 … CB PAULSON ADEBO … STANFORD

105: R3P41 … EDGE KENNY WILLEKES … MICHIGAN STATE

154: R5P8 … EDGE MARLON DAVIDSON … AUBURN

178: R5P32 … CB CAMERON DANTZLER … MISSISSIPPI STATE

179: R6P1 … G JON RUNYAN … MICHIGAN

209: R6P31 … WR SHI SMITH … SOUTH CAROLINA

245: R7P30 … DL MIKE PANASIUK … MICHIGAN STATE

Of course, picking #1 overall, I could have had any QB (Tua, Herbert or Fromm), but I chose Fromm. This draft, while unrealistic, provides us the best QB (whomever we choose at #1 overall), best pass rusher (Chase Young) and another good pass rusher (Kenny Willekes), arguably two elite CB's (Kristian Fulton and Paulson Adebo), the best C prospect to come out in a long time (Tyler Biadasz), a good OT (Calvin Throkmorton). The rest of these guys could become contributors as well ... but ya gotta admit, this would be an obscene haul if we landed them, regardless of who you prefer as the #1 overall selection at QB.

Here's a link to the draft generator:

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Last edited:
I'm sure CB2 is very high on the list. Honestly, after QB and DE, CB2 is as big of a priority as anything. Sure, we need two pass rushers, so maybe DE1 and DE2, and sure, we need an OT, RG, and maybe even a C, plus probably another WR for the new QB. But After QB and DE1, I'm guessing CB2 is their highest priority. With 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders, I'm confident we'll get our CB2 with one of those picks unless we win too many games and have to trade up to get our QB.

The talent level of this team is going to skyrocket following the 2020 draft, and CB2 is one of the biggest areas of improvement I'm looking to see. We'll have a lot of good CB's from which to choose, and I'm quite confident that we'll draft 2 or 3 DB's. For instance, Paulson Adebo looks like a cross between Xavien Howard and Richard Sherman … and he's not even projected to be a 1st rounder at this point in time (but that could change dramatically), so the CB2 position will get a major talent upgrade from Eric Rowe and Jomol Wiltz.

I'm sure most of these guys will rise in the draft rankings between now and then, because the guys I like tend to rise. But just to understand how great our draft is going to be, here's a mock draft I just did at Fanspeak.

Of course, picking #1 overall, I could have had any QB (Tua, Herbert or Fromm), but I chose Fromm. This draft, while unrealistic, provides us the best QB (whomever we choose at #1 overall), best pass rusher (Chase Young) and another good pass rusher (Kenny Willekes), arguably two elite CB's (Kristian Fulton and Paulson Adebo), the best C prospect to come out in a long time (Tyler Biadasz), a good OT (Calvin Throkmorton). The rest of these guys could become contributors as well ... but ya gotta admit, this would be an obscene haul if we landed them, regardless of who you prefer as the #1 overall selection at QB.

Does calling it unrealistic give you an out? This isn't a mock; it's a dream. There's no way Young is there at 9, barring a marijuana-based video release.

I mean it is easy blame the CB when they get caught on, but u not finding many CBs that are looking much better with the lack of pass rush we have exhibited, unless you are taking CB with a very high end asset or breaking the bank in FA.

There are a lot of needs, just had high end players across the board, no matter the position.

This organization is always going to prioritize DB’s in the draft. They can’t have enough.

now tell me you are not impressed....

1: R1P1

EDGE CHASE YOUNG

OHIO STATE

9: R1P9

QB JAKE FROMM

GEORGIA

24: R1P24

WR HENRY RUGGS III

ALABAMA

33: R2P1

OT TREY SMITH

TENNESSEE

55: R2P23

G ALEX LEATHERWOOD

ALABAMA

65: R3P1

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH

OHIO STATE

105: R3P41

RB ENO BENJAMIN

ARIZONA STATE

154: R5P8

TE CHASE ALLEN

IOWA STATE

178: R5P32

WR K.J. HILL

OHIO STATE

179: R6P1

S JALEN ELLIOTT

NOTRE DAME

209: R6P31

C KENNY COOPER

GEORGIA TECH

245: R7P30

G MEKHI BECTON

LOUISVILLE

Does calling it unrealistic give you an out? This isn't a mock; it's a dream. There's no way Young is there at 9, barring a marijuana-based video release.
An out? This IS the draft I drafted. Criticize the mock draft site or the databases used … but there is no "out" needed. So I guess you're saying that if Chase Young was there at 9 you would NOT draft him?!?!?!?!? I find that hard to believe.

And obviously, the draft site cannot know what the final draft order will be. The Pittsburgh pick might be the 2nd overall pick in the draft, or the 4th, and in either case, I suspect the first three choices in that draft would be QB, QB, QB in some order for Herbert, Tua, and Fromm. So no, it's not a dream to think we could get a QB and Chase Young … it's merely the performance of the Pittsburgh Steelers that determines whether that happens. Seems like you're being a bit over the top there.

Back
Top Bottom