It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

I also say it's time to finally admit a painful truth: This offseason we ought to trade Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Jason Taylor for draft picks, and truly rebuild. They're expensive veterans who will not be worth their cap number when this team finally rebuilds and is ready to contend for a Super Bowl championship. Perhaps Thomas, Madison, and Taylor will find the ring they deserve with another team that could really use them next year and in '07.

I also think we should emulate the Bengals by drafting USC's amazing QB, Matt Leinart, and having Jon Kitna, a very reliable veteran who can show Leinart the ins and outs of the NFL just like he showed Palmer, start for us next year.

If we finish with one of the very worst records in the league, we'll most likely be able to get Leinart. I think we're in great shape on offense two or three years from now with Leinart, Brown, McMichael, and an improved OL. Maybe Chambers will show us he's the real deal someday, too. If we draft Leinart, we can build the team around him and Ronnie Brown. I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Saban can, and obviously will, emulate Belichick and rebuild this defense through the draft and free agency over the next couple of offseasons. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

All in all, I think it's time to unload our overpaid JJ-era veterans, find our QB of the future, and truly rebuild. What do you guys think?

yes trade thomas and taylor and bring in who ? do you want the fins to be the texans?

Lets also cut Olindo Mare and his big salary....Mr Shank!!! :yell:

It might be time to implode the team and start from scratch. :rolleyes:

tommybobommy said:
yes trade thomas and taylor and bring in who ? do you want the fins to be the texans?

Newsflash: We only have two more wins than the Texans. We're not going to make the playoffs this year, just like the Texans.

We might as well cash in on our remaining JJ-era superstars now, while they're still worth something, rather than cutting them two or three years from now when we're truly in position to compete for a Super Bowl championship. We might as well stock up on draft picks by unloading our JJ-era superstars. I'm confident Saban will find equally talented, yet far younger, defensive talent over the next few offseasons.

We are a QB, WR and CB away from being a competitive team. We don't need to start the firesale quite yet.

I would keep Taylor. He's still got some years in him. With Zach it depends what we getr back. Madison shouldve been gone this year but definitely next

Blitz said:
Newsflash: We only have two more wins than the Texans. We're not going to make the playoffs this year, just like the Texans.

We might as well cash in on our remaining JJ-era superstars now, while they're still worth something, rather than cutting them two or three years from now when we're truly in position to compete for a Super Bowl championship. We might as well stock up on draft picks by unloading our JJ-era superstars. I'm confident Saban will find equally talented, yet far younger, defensive talent over the next two offseasons.

Well guess what ? The fins arent gonna trade thomas or taylor.

Also newsflash

No one agrees with you

I disagree. Zach, JT and at times Sam hold their own and then some. They should retire as Phins. We will have more than enough cap space for next year.

Remember, cap space alone will not guarantee a good to special player. Look at the historically cheap franchises who are always well under and have a boat load of picks every year.

Blitz said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

Like I said in another thread similar to this, if Saban does this, he'll lose the locker room.

If your goal is to piss off the veterans and irrepairably alienate them, this is the way to do it. If your goal is to teach the team how to win and continue to instill an attitude, a work ethic, and an ability to persevere.....that's not the way to do it.

ZT, JT and Sam Madison have limited trade value due to their ages. JT has the most value and Sam has very little.
This game was very disappointing. While all 3 players have had solid careers, it is hard for me to come up with a game changing play by any of them in a critical game (playoff or a game for the division lead) at any point in their careers.
I like ZT, but he was handled by Mankin today.
The entire veteran D-line should hang their heads in shame. They were manhandled by a bunch of guys who would ordinarily be playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

I don't think we will make it to the playoffs, but I want to win every single remaining game.

Christ, have some pride.

How many nonintelligent Dolphin fans are there on this board. You guys have no clue about what you speak of. In the NFL there really isn't a dominate team. The difference between us and them is making plays at the end of the game. If we would have we would be singing a different tune. Stop showing your ignorance and posting threads like this. The top teams aren't much better than the bottom ones.

tommybobommy said:
Well guess what ? The fins arent gonna trade thomas or taylor.

The 49ers traded Joe Montana. The Chargers traded Junior Seau. There's no such thing as a player in their 30s who can't be traded. Taylor and Thomas are not getting any younger, and we're still a couple of seasons away from contending for a championship. It's a painful truth, but it's reality.

Also newsflash

No one agrees with you

I love Thomas and Taylor as much as the next guy, but I'm putting the team ahead of them. I just don't see the point in keeping them, and getting another couple of good seasons out of them, instead of cashing in on them while they're still worth something. I don't think we're a couple of pieces away from a championship. We've been hearing that for how many years now? Our record since the start of 2004 is empirical evidence that it's just not true. We have a lot of rebuilding to do if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom