It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth

jlfin said:
ZT, JT and Sam Madison have limited trade value due to their ages. JT has the most value and Sam has very little.
This game was very disappointing. While all 3 players have had solid careers, it is hard for me to come up with a game changing play by any of them in a critical game (playoff or a game for the division lead) at any point in their careers.
I like ZT, but he was handled by Mankin today.
The entire veteran D-line should hang their heads in shame. They were manhandled by a bunch of guys who would ordinarily be playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

Taylor is gimping through the entire season on his bad foot. Just the fact he's out there is testament enough to his toughness. dont judge hius skill level based on this year cause he's playing injured

we need to get younger on defense, but if we can keep those guys as that happens if they have good cap value then do so

Roman529 said:
Lets also cut Olindo Mare and his big salary....Mr Shank!!! :yell:

It might be time to implode the team and start from scratch. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we need to ask Mare to take a HUGE paycut. If he isn't willing to take a significant cut, he's gotta go.

touborg said:
I don't think we will make it to the playoffs, but I want to win every single remaining game.

Christ, have some pride.

why?

its better to go 4-12 than 8-8. you dont make the playoffs with either record.
better draft selection in every round with the 4-12 record. and remember saban is building for teh long term so sacrificing wins now is better cause they should come in bunches in the near future.

Blitz said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

I also say it's time to finally admit a painful truth: This offseason we ought to trade Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Jason Taylor for draft picks, and truly rebuild. They're expensive veterans who will not be worth their cap number when this team finally rebuilds and is ready to contend for a Super Bowl championship. Perhaps Thomas, Madison, and Taylor will find the ring they deserve with another team that could really use them next year and in '07.

I also think we should emulate the Bengals by drafting USC's amazing QB, Matt Leinart, and having Jon Kitna, a very reliable veteran who can show Leinart the ins and outs of the NFL just like he showed Palmer, start for us next year.

If we finish with one of the very worst records in the league, we'll most likely be able to get Leinart. I think we're in great shape on offense two or three years from now with Leinart, Brown, McMichael, and an improved OL. Maybe Chambers will show us he's the real deal someday, too. If we draft Leinart, we can build the team around him and Ronnie Brown. I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Saban can, and obviously will, emulate Belichick and rebuild this defense through the draft and free agency over the next couple of offseasons. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

All in all, I think it's time to unload our overpaid JJ-era veterans, find our QB of the future, and truly rebuild. What do you guys think?

Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor are the heart and soul of this team. i'm curious as to who, when their family lets them down, asks them to be replaced. What a ridiculous idea.

ajcdolphin said:
How many nonintelligent Dolphin fans are there on this board. You guys have no clue about what you speak of. In the NFL there really isn't a dominate team. The difference between us and them is making plays at the end of the game. If we would have we would be singing a different tune. Stop showing your ignorance and posting threats like this. The top teams aren't much better than the bottom ones.

the colts ARE MUCH BETTER than the bottom 10 teams in the league.

Taylor is the tradeable commodity

I doubt that there is much else on this team that you could trade...

R. Brown is off limits...after that what else is tradeable...

Chambers? Probably not with his contract.
McMichael? Again, he signed a new contract

Yes with their great schedule they are the best team in the NFL. They will not go to the super bowl. Mark my words.

completely disagree. we are a few guys short from being competitive. we have a shot at the division next year if we can get a vet QB, a better #1 WR and some help in the secondary. no need to hit the panic button and jump ship yet. if we do attack my idea, and have a losing season again, then start the yard sell.

dQbell said:
Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor are the heart and soul of this team

And since they became the heart and soul of this team, way back in the late 1990s, how many division titles have we won? How many playoff games have we won?

Their time has passed. It's time for a completely fresh start :(

Unlike baseball, basketball, and i guess hockey, any team can win in football. I hope the colts get their @ss kicked in by the steelers or pats in the playoffs. Taylors a great guy and all but hes getting these huge bonuses every year taking out 7m out of our cap. Id get rid of Madison, his best years are behind him. And for Thomas well If he wants to retire with us he will probally take a pay cut but even if he doesnt im fine with him staying.

Blitz said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

I also say it's time to finally admit a painful truth: This offseason we ought to trade Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Jason Taylor for draft picks, and truly rebuild. They're expensive veterans who will not be worth their cap number when this team finally rebuilds and is ready to contend for a Super Bowl championship. Perhaps Thomas, Madison, and Taylor will find the ring they deserve with another team that could really use them next year and in '07.

I also think we should emulate the Bengals by drafting USC's amazing QB, Matt Leinart, and having Jon Kitna, a very reliable veteran who can show Leinart the ins and outs of the NFL just like he showed Palmer, start for us next year.

If we finish with one of the very worst records in the league, we'll most likely be able to get Leinart. I think we're in great shape on offense two or three years from now with Leinart, Brown, McMichael, and an improved OL. Maybe Chambers will show us he's the real deal someday, too. If we draft Leinart, we can build the team around him and Ronnie Brown. I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Saban can, and obviously will, emulate Belichick and rebuild this defense through the draft and free agency over the next couple of offseasons. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

All in all, I think it's time to unload our overpaid JJ-era veterans, find our QB of the future, and truly rebuild. What do you guys think?
I'm not going to say anything about your opinon because it is your opinon. I believe that Zack and Jason should retire as dolphins. They as Dan Marino and a few other dolphins gave and give there heart and soul for this team. I really don't know what games you are watching to say that. What i see is Zack in on 3/4 th. of the plays in almost every single game that he plays and has played. If this guy isn't making the tackle then he is right there. There in my opinon isn't any other player in the NFL today who is making more tackles per game or assists.
or right there ready to make the tackle as it is being made then Zack Thomas.
As it was stated today by Simms, (which really doesn't mean a whole lot) But as he stated Zack is one of if not the smartest player in the NFL. when it comes to understanding the game. Simms even stated smarter then Peyton Manning, and thats saying a whole lot. Zack and Jason are in my opinon the two best players on our team. Now maybe Ronnie Brown will take there place as the best player on our team but he isn't there yet. Just my opinon.

Back
Top Bottom