It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth

BSQX4 said:
We have more G.M.s on this site than I ever thought!!! Yeah!!! Let's cut everybody. True genius has spoken. Everybodys' ripping Gus who played great today. Chambers made some plays but he also didn't make some plays. Randy has an annoying habit of turning the ball over negating a positive. Ronnie Brown is to the Dolphins what Wade is to the Heat IMO. The o-line is playing better. Hail!! Coach Houck!! I don't get the backlash against Coach Linehan. Give it a rest, please.

good post!

I find myself reading this board less and less because of posts like this. Its ashame.

I think it's time to start looking at Rosenfels for a few games & then depending on how he plays take a look at Lemon.

AquaAssasin said:
jason taylors time has passed...lol

Hes is still considered one of the best DE in the league...

Yes, but how many years does he have left? Will he be worth his cap number two or three years from now when we're finally ready to make a real run for the Super Bowl? He's still playing well, but he's no longer in his prime. It's all downhill from here.

Zach Thomas time has passed...lol

Hes still one of the best lB in the league. hes almost averaging 15 to 20 tackles a game.

He's 32 years old. He's going to be 33 next season. Name the great MLBs in the league who are 33-35 years old. Again, we're not a couple of pieces away from making a run for the championship. How many years have we heard that? It's just not true any more. We're two or three offseasons of rebuilding away from making a real run for the Super Bowl.

What kind of crack are you smoking! These guys are still at the top of their game!

They're still playing well enough that we can get a reasonable trade value for each one of them. Many teams that are going to make a do-or-die run for the Super Bowl year would love to have them on their roster. However, they only have a couple more good seasons left in them. It makes more sense for us to cash in on them right now while we still can, and use the draft picks to build for the future, than to simply keep them for a couple more good seasons. We're two or three years away from making a real championship run. By the time we're ready to make those runs, ZT and JT will be in the twilight of their careers. They are not getting younger. They are not going to be the players they are today two or three seasons from now. However, we might draft players this year who will be just as good as ZT and JT two or three years from now.

Thomas, Taylor and Madison are never going to win championships in Miami. I love every one of them, but no player is bigger than the team. I say it's time for a fresh start. It's time to finally rebuild this team at long last.

KTOWNFINFAN said:
Troll !!!! Don't try and act like you are a fan if all you want is to go 8-8 for the next decade. If you don't try to get better and see what some other people on your roster can do then this season is a total waste. People without the insight to understand what it takes to turn a team around in this league, who then blindly blame others who do understand, are the ones who are DISGUSTING !!!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Oh man, I am soo sorry, I don't know why I thought that fans were supposed to have faith in their teams and want them to win, how stupid of me for not seeing that once you're a whole TWO games under .500 that you should throw it all away, I mean we're FINISHED, there's no hope left with a HORRIBLE record like 3-5, thank you so much for kindly pointing this out for me, I don't know what I would have done without the help of a "true" fan such as yourself. Thanks again traitor :tsk:

Blitz said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

I also say it's time to finally admit a painful truth: This offseason we ought to trade Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Jason Taylor for draft picks, and truly rebuild. They're expensive veterans who will not be worth their cap number when this team finally rebuilds and is ready to contend for a Super Bowl championship. Perhaps Thomas, Madison, and Taylor will find the ring they deserve with another team that could really use them next year and in '07.

I also think we should emulate the Bengals by drafting USC's amazing QB, Matt Leinart, and having Jon Kitna, a very reliable veteran who can show Leinart the ins and outs of the NFL just like he showed Palmer, start for us next year.

If we finish with one of the very worst records in the league, we'll most likely be able to get Leinart. I think we're in great shape on offense two or three years from now with Leinart, Brown, McMichael, and an improved OL. Maybe Chambers will show us he's the real deal someday, too. If we draft Leinart, we can build the team around him and Ronnie Brown. I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Saban can, and obviously will, emulate Belichick and rebuild this defense through the draft and free agency over the next couple of offseasons. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

All in all, I think it's time to unload our overpaid JJ-era veterans, find our QB of the future, and truly rebuild. What do you guys think?

Trade Thomas, Taylor, and Madison huh???? You would NEVER get fair trade value for any of these guys, and it would be a stupid idea to do it anyway. YES I understand we need more youth(and SPEED) on the defense, but we do not need ALL youngsters on the D either, the best defenses have a good mix of veterans and youth. Besides we could try and try and try and it's possible we will never find anyone as good as either Thomas or Taylor, both of them have a few good years left and this team will be shaping up before their time is up.

Blitz said:
Yes, but how many years does he have left? Will he be worth his cap number two or three years from now when we're finally ready to make a real run for the Super Bowl? He's still playing well, but he's no longer in his prime. It's all downhill from here.

He's 32 years old. He's going to be 33 next season. Name the great MLBs in the league who are 33-35 years old. Again, we're not a couple of pieces away from making a run for the championship. How many years have we heard that? It's just not true any more. We're two or three offseasons of rebuilding away from making a real run for the Super Bowl.

They're still playing well enough that we can get a reasonable trade value for each one of them. Many teams that are going to make a do-or-die run for the Super Bowl year would love to have them on their roster. However, they only have a couple more good seasons left in them. It makes more sense for us to cash in on them right now while we still can, and use the draft picks to build for the future, than to simply keep them for a couple more good seasons. We're two or three years away from making a real championship run. By the time we're ready to make those runs, ZT and JT will be in the twilight of their careers. They are not getting younger. They are not going to be the players they are today two or three seasons from now. However, we might draft players this year who will be just as good as ZT and JT two or three years from now.

Thomas, Taylor and Madison are never going to win championships in Miami. I love every one of them, but no player is bigger than the team. I say it's time for a fresh start. It's time to finally rebuild this team at long last.

You tell me, reggie white, charles haley still were dominate in the later years of their career. You dont trade guys like him or release him.. Who do you suppose we get...Guys like JT dont come around often..Its hard to find a DE that can play DE and LB..

AS long as Zach can still compete he will always be here..

Thank god your not the GM..

Blitz said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

I also say it's time to finally admit a painful truth: This offseason we ought to trade Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Jason Taylor for draft picks, and truly rebuild. They're expensive veterans who will not be worth their cap number when this team finally rebuilds and is ready to contend for a Super Bowl championship. Perhaps Thomas, Madison, and Taylor will find the ring they deserve with another team that could really use them next year and in '07.

I also think we should emulate the Bengals by drafting USC's amazing QB, Matt Leinart, and having Jon Kitna, a very reliable veteran who can show Leinart the ins and outs of the NFL just like he showed Palmer, start for us next year.

If we finish with one of the very worst records in the league, we'll most likely be able to get Leinart. I think we're in great shape on offense two or three years from now with Leinart, Brown, McMichael, and an improved OL. Maybe Chambers will show us he's the real deal someday, too. If we draft Leinart, we can build the team around him and Ronnie Brown. I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Saban can, and obviously will, emulate Belichick and rebuild this defense through the draft and free agency over the next couple of offseasons. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

All in all, I think it's time to unload our overpaid JJ-era veterans, find our QB of the future, and truly rebuild. What do you guys think?

Great post. I agree with most of the things you have stated. BUT, I do feel as if Thomas, Taylor and Madison belong here in Miami. I feel as if these players are the only leader's we have and they should retire as Dolphins, despite the great reason of winning a super bowl with another team. Other than that, I completely agree about rebuilding the offence. Besides, those 3 defensive players are all getting old and will retire in a few years.

MKeveny said:
Unlike baseball, basketball, and i guess hockey, any team can win in football. I hope the colts get their @ss kicked in by the steelers or pats in the playoffs. Taylors a great guy and all but hes getting these huge bonuses every year taking out 7m out of our cap. Id get rid of Madison, his best years are behind him. And for Thomas well If he wants to retire with us he will probally take a pay cut but even if he doesnt im fine with him staying.

Completely wrong. Infact in those 3 sports, we see a lot more upsets than in Football. Football is probably the most predictable sport. Proof? If you watch Hockey, the #7 seed often beats the #2 seed in the playoffs. It happens nearly every year. Many more upsets in the other sports.

Madison SUX!!! I'd trade him and Howard for a half a stick of already chewed bubble gum some bum found in a bathroom at McDonalds and an already used napkin with traces of the Bird Flu on it!

How ANY fan can cheer for losses is beyond me. It's beyond pitiful, in my opinion. Sure, this may have been our last chance at the playoffs, but to SAY there's no point in winning our remaining games is just preposterous. I'd rather win as many games as we can and get a mid-round draft pick, than "cheer" for your team to lose just so they can get a top 5 draft pick. I'm sorry, but that's not being a fan to me and is just plain wrong. I'm just tired of seeing this team lose week in and week out. Give me wins, not better draft picks!!!

Back
Top Bottom