It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth

dQbell said:
Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor are the heart and soul of this team. i'm curious as to who, when their family lets them down, asks them to be replaced. What a ridiculous idea.

This team has no heart and they haven't had one in nearly 20 years. How many big plays have either one of them made in a game that mattered when the division lead or playoff spot was on the line?
JT can be excused today because of his foot, but let's be honest, they were playing against an O-line made up of backups.
Where was the big sack or turnover in the game today, when the game was on the line?

Blitz said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

I also say it's time to finally admit a painful truth: This offseason we ought to trade Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Jason Taylor for draft picks, and truly rebuild. They're expensive veterans who will not be worth their cap number when this team finally rebuilds and is ready to contend for a Super Bowl championship. Perhaps Thomas, Madison, and Taylor will find the ring they deserve with another team that could really use them next year and in '07.

I also think we should emulate the Bengals by drafting USC's amazing QB, Matt Leinart, and having Jon Kitna, a very reliable veteran who can show Leinart the ins and outs of the NFL just like he showed Palmer, start for us next year.

If we finish with one of the very worst records in the league, we'll most likely be able to get Leinart. I think we're in great shape on offense two or three years from now with Leinart, Brown, McMichael, and an improved OL. Maybe Chambers will show us he's the real deal someday, too. If we draft Leinart, we can build the team around him and Ronnie Brown. I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Saban can, and obviously will, emulate Belichick and rebuild this defense through the draft and free agency over the next couple of offseasons. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

All in all, I think it's time to unload our overpaid JJ-era veterans, find our QB of the future, and truly rebuild. What do you guys think?
To say give up on trying to win this season is ridiculous. I do think though that they should give some of the younger players some more playing time now not the lease of which is the Quarterbacks.

jlfin said:
This team has no heart and they haven't had one in nearly 20 years. How many big plays have either one of them made in a game that mattered when the division lead or playoff spot was on the line?
JT can be excused today because of his foot, but let's be honest, they were playing against an O-line made up of backups.
Where was the big sack or turnover in the game today, when the game was on the line?

You notice how we say this same thing thing EVERY SINGLE YEAR? It's become a refrain I'm tired of hearing. As much as I love Zach and JT, I wouldn't be opposed to getting what we can for them and building this team from scratch. I don't know how much we could get for Zach- maybe a mid-rounder from a contender a Zach Thomas-type player on defense away from a SB run. JT is one of the top 5 pass-rushers in the league, so I'm imagining we could get a low-1st for him. Only a low-1st because of his age.

We have more G.M.s on this site than I ever thought!!! Yeah!!! Let's cut everybody. True genius has spoken. Everybodys' ripping Gus who played great today. Chambers made some plays but he also didn't make some plays. Randy has an annoying habit of turning the ball over negating a positive. Ronnie Brown is to the Dolphins what Wade is to the Heat IMO. The o-line is playing better. Hail!! Coach Houck!! I don't get the backlash against Coach Linehan. Give it a rest, please.

SpurzN703 said:
Yeah, 12 tackles for Zach stinks :sleep:

Again- where was he in crunch time? Where are ANY of our guys on defense in crunch time of a big game? Not just this year, but every year? I'll tell you where they are- they're busy haing their ***** handed to them by the opposing offense, whoever that happens to be in a given week.

we our a good 4 years from the Super Bowl. Next year we get a rookie qb who will learn the system and the ins and outs of the NFL. Year 2, maybe some improvement playoffs maybe. Year 3 playoffs and good experience. Year 4 if we our lucky a Super Bowl run.

Zach and JT are still performing well. Countless knowledgeable posters agree that we need cb and qb help. Do you believe it to be a coincidence that Brady was able to find where Reggie Howard was lined up on the field play after play? They panned to him after Tim Dwight raped him and he most definitely had the brook trout look.

Blitz said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's no point in trying to win the rest of the season. Today was our last shot at the division (it's amazing that we were still in the race ten weeks into the year), but now we're as good as dead. There is no way we will make the playoffs. We might as well start our youngest players for the rest of the season, and see how they fare.

I also say it's time to finally admit a painful truth: This offseason we ought to trade Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Jason Taylor for draft picks, and truly rebuild. They're expensive veterans who will not be worth their cap number when this team finally rebuilds and is ready to contend for a Super Bowl championship. Perhaps Thomas, Madison, and Taylor will find the ring they deserve with another team that could really use them next year and in '07.

I also think we should emulate the Bengals by drafting USC's amazing QB, Matt Leinart, and having Jon Kitna, a very reliable veteran who can show Leinart the ins and outs of the NFL just like he showed Palmer, start for us next year.

If we finish with one of the very worst records in the league, we'll most likely be able to get Leinart. I think we're in great shape on offense two or three years from now with Leinart, Brown, McMichael, and an improved OL. Maybe Chambers will show us he's the real deal someday, too. If we draft Leinart, we can build the team around him and Ronnie Brown. I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Saban can, and obviously will, emulate Belichick and rebuild this defense through the draft and free agency over the next couple of offseasons. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

All in all, I think it's time to unload our overpaid JJ-era veterans, find our QB of the future, and truly rebuild. What do you guys think?

People like you are DISGUSTING, there's no way in hell you're a true Miami Dolphins fan, you play to win the game.

Blitz said:

I would like to keep Zack and put Chambers on that list. He may still have some trade value and he is jus plain horrible. I would like to see Zack finish as a fin.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
We are more than 1 cb away from being competitive.

Have you been watching all season?!? We are a competitive team now. I think you're confusing competitiveness with being able to win the close games we've lost this year (Buff, Atl, NE).

I think we're very competitive, but missing the players necessary to be a 6-3 team as opposed to a 3-6 team.

Goober Bot said:
People like you are DISGUSTING, there's no way in hell you're a true Miami Dolphins fan, you play to win the game.

Troll !!!! Don't try and act like you are a fan if all you want is to go 8-8 for the next decade. If you don't try to get better and see what some other people on your roster can do then this season is a total waste. People without the insight to understand what it takes to turn a team around in this league, who then blindly blame others who do understand, are the ones who are DISGUSTING !!!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Blitz said:
And since they became the heart and soul of this team, way back in the late 1990s, how many division titles have we won? How many playoff games have we won?

Their time has passed. It's time for a completely fresh start :(

jason taylors time has passed...lol

Hes is still considered one of the best DE in the league...

Zach Thomas time has passed...lol

Hes still one of the best lB in the league. hes almost averaging 15 to 20 tackles a game.

What kind of crack are you smoking! These guys are still at the top of their game!

FireWrongstedt said:
Again- where was he in crunch time? Where are ANY of our guys on defense in crunch time of a big game? Not just this year, but every year? I'll tell you where they are- they're busy haing their ***** handed to them by the opposing offense, whoever that happens to be in a given week.

its called a team sport...One person cant win the game alone.

Back
Top Bottom