It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time to Toss the Season, Find the QB of the Future and Admit a Painful Truth

Blitz said:
Thanks for pointing out something that everybody in here knows. I never said let's trade ZT, JT, and Madison tomorrow. I said we should trade them this upcoming offseason.

I'm glad you'd rather see us win 1-3 more games (a losing record is a losing record, as far as I'm concerned) and end up in a worse draft position than simply tossing the season, and being in a great position in next year's draft.

lol dude w/e. You never fail to amaze me. You have that never give up type of attitude in everything I see.

BlueFin said:
Not gonna happen, this team is going win 7 to 9 games and is not out of the race yet.

Hopeful to the end....Rah..Rah! Better hope they beat the Browns sunday.

AquaAssasin said:
Never said I was the GM nor did I even mention to trade top players, MORON!

Do you know if Taylor or Thomas will be here is the next 4 years? No! So dont say they wont because the truth of the matter is that we dont know anything so stop trying to conjure up ideas.

Let the coaches and GM do their jobs, obviously they have a better idea on what they want more than you do!

PS, dont bring Madison into the this converstion because all I am talking about is thomas and taylor!

Very mature to call people names.

Do you think Zach will be here when he is 37 38 years old? :lol:

Kids today

phinMikeDC said:
We only have 6 losses. We can't give up yet.

ONLY 6 losses after 9 games. Yeah, heading into the eleventh week of the season we're on pace to finish 5-11/6-10, but we shouldn't give up. We can still win the division title...if Buffalo and New England cut their entire starting lineup tomorrow :lol:

We've ONLY lost 18 of our last 25 games. But we're going to make a run for the Super Bowl the next three years with Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor and Sam Madison, relics from the '90s JJ-era, leading the way. We're close. Just a few pieces of the puzzle are missing!

Welcome back to Wanny World 2003 Edition :lol:

I'm a realist, not a quitter.

I don't know, I'm not seeing a lot of Dolphins fans, I'm seeing a lot of fans of individual players.

The most important thing is the TEAM.

I have been saying for the past two years that we should try and trade Thomas and Taylor. Yeah, the guys work hard, but they also seem to have an attitude problem, especially Jason Taylor. They get down too easily. And when something goes wrong, the wheels seem to fall off.

And it is true, they have never come up with a huge, game changing play in any big game we have ever played.

Which is why I was sad to see Surtain go. I liked him a whole heck of a lot better than Sam "Haven't had an interception since 1999" Madison. Surtain was a gamer. Madison is just a loser if you ask me. Another one of those guys who thinks his talent is a lot greater than it is in actual reality.

I support trading at least JT for draft picks. Gotta do something.

While I would love to see Zack, JT, Madison and some of the others complete their careers as Dolphins with a Super Bowl ring, I can't get the legendary Yogi Berra's comment, "Its Deja Vu all over again," out of my head. Haven't the Dolphins been through something like this before? The difference then was a now Hall of Fame quarterback and a team that did not have as many of the pieces of the puzzle missing.

I don't know if Saban will see it the same way, but I do feel confident that he will not keep players on the roster based on what they have done in the past and/or meant to the franchize. At least, not if he is obsessed with rebuilding the team as quickly as possible.

Bad Lieutenant said:
Which is why I was sad to see Surtain go. I liked him a whole heck of a lot better than Sam "Haven't had an interception since 1999" Madison. Surtain was a gamer. Madison is just a loser if you ask me. Another one of those guys who thinks his talent is a lot greater than it is in actual reality.

I, too, would have much preferred it if the Dolphins could/would have kept Surtain as opposed to Madison. Sam fell out of favor with me the Monday night he gave up a touchdown pass to the Jets and was grinning about it. A few Jet touchdowns later resulted in what I consider the biggest "blown" game in Dolphin history.

i am all for finding the future.

unfortunatley, nick saban is not.

he will stick with his personel choices [ala wanny] no matter how bad they play.

when bill billechek got a chance to replace bledsoe, he did it. and bledsoe was a new england icon who got them to a super bowl once before!

great coaches know that sometimes you over evaluate a player or asst. coach and they are quick to show them the door/bench.

saban is not in this mold.

and this kills more coaches than anything, the inability to admit there own mistakes.

they hold the players accountable, tell them to over come, and adapt, and do whatever it takes to win.

but continuing to rely on the likes of frerotte, howard and chambers IS NOT condusive to a win at all costs mentality. and you cant expect a team to adopt this mentality if you don't posses it yourself.

"honey let me introduce you to my REDNECK FRIEND"!!!!

jackson brown

phinMikeDC said:
We only have 6 losses. We can't give up yet. Quitter.

:lol: Only 6 losses in 9 games! Cant give up for that Superbowl. We still have a chance to go 10-6. :infins: :bong2: :hitself:

Bad Lieutenant said:
I don't know, I'm not seeing a lot of Dolphins fans, I'm seeing a lot of fans of individual players.

The most important thing is the TEAM.

I have been saying for the past two years that we should try and trade Thomas and Taylor. Yeah, the guys work hard, but they also seem to have an attitude problem, especially Jason Taylor. They get down too easily. And when something goes wrong, the wheels seem to fall off.

And it is true, they have never come up with a huge, game changing play in any big game we have ever played.

:up: :clap: :rawk:

In today's screwed up NFL, the Dolphins have just as much of a shot as anybody else right now. But yeah, let's call it a season because you're upset that the team lost to the Patriots on Sunday.

You're no David Hasslehoff.

Mr. Pink said:
In today's screwed up NFL, the Dolphins have just as much of a shot as anybody else right now. But yeah, let's call it a season because you're upset that the team lost to the Patriots on Sunday.

You're no David Hasslehoff.

Just as much of a shot at what? :shakeno:

touborg said:
I don't think we will make it to the playoffs, but I want to win every single remaining game.

Christ, have some pride.

:up: Well said, man I hate to lose..

Back
Top Bottom