Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta"

1yjqmw-1.jpg

:crazy: Worst thread of the year.

*Vaark just made it tolerable with "Triclops".

It was a stupid and pretentious joke. What is wrong with this thread is that it really has no place on this message board, IMO. Like I said, I tried to ignore it, but it just won't go away. And it only bothers me a little bit. I won't lose any sleep over the subject.

Try harder. I know you can do it. :up:

Synonyms of the word three –

I am a fan favorite of the first!

ménage a trois, ternary, ternion, third, triad, trichotomy, trilogy, trinity, trio, tripartition, triplet, triplets, triplex, triplicate, triplication, triplicity, triumvirate, trivium, troika

ménage a trois - literally translates as "household of three"

Thanks. :up: What stands out to me among those synonyms is the word "triumvirate" and the absence of the word "trifecta."

As it should. Why waste 4 syllables on something you can say with 1. These are the types of people that are spell checking their will on their death bed.

Trifecta is actually 3 syllables not one. Is that a point for me in our grammar / vocabulary war?

Why waste 4 syllables on something you can say with 1?

Also you forgot a question mark. Another point for me. :lol:

Just yanking your chain dude. I hope you can take a little good-natured ribbing. :up:

:crazy: Worst thread of the year.

*Vaark just made it tolerable with "Triclops".

Is it really? Wow. And here I thought it was a perfectly acceptable offseason post. Just killing a little time before the start of free agency and the Combine. Guess I should just shut up and watch the Olympics.

Make sure the Mod's make that a Finheaven year end award.

I'll start working on my acceptance speech now. :lol:

Newstradamus foresees this thread swimming with Princess Filthy Sheets, Retarded Joe and Rixon before 2long.
Popcorn_nommer-1.gif

Let's be honest: Trifecta has stuck, and Triumvirate never got a chance because people are generally dumb, overall.
The funny thing is that most of them don't know they're dumb, because they don't know what they don't know.

The simple/common word will usually win out with the masses...

I am not a fan of referring to the masses as dumb but I agree with you in principle. :up:

Some people obviously feel that trifecta has a better ring to it. That's cool. To each their own. I thought trifecta was being used incorrectly but this thread has changed my mind. Now I understand that trifecta can refer to a group of three people. Its just not the most common usage.

I find generally if you give anyone a chance they are not dumb, they just excel in different areas. While some might not grasp quantum physics or biochemistry the people who can usually need to call the people who can not to fix their plumbing, provide them with heat to survive or farm the food that keeps them alive.

No one person knows how to do everything and if he/she thinks they do then they already closed the door on learning so they have hindered their own development. :hi5:

I got your point. :up:

That is why I am not a fan of referring to the masses as dumb. Everybody is good at something. Your gardener might be a fantastic singer and know a ton about music. Your plumber might be a sports junkie and forgotten more about football than most will ever know. I try not to judge a book by its cover.

Back
Top Bottom