Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta"

Don't worry about me. I enjoy life plenty. I guess you don't have any pet peeves. Good for you. :up:
:up:

i do mate, its just one is people who understand a post but want to correct people for maybe what is a mistake or what is more commonly known but possibly incorrect.

I from England's pretty cousin Wales, and i got corrected for spelling 'defence' not as you more commonly know it as defense. Maybe I got defensive but if not for pet peeves my misses would probably watch football with me.......so lets agree to disagree:up:

:up:

i do mate, its just one is people who understand a post but want to correct people for maybe what is a mistake or what is more commonly known but possibly incorrect.

I from England's pretty cousin Wales, and i got corrected for spelling 'defence' not as you more commonly know it as defense. Maybe I got defensive but if not for pet peeves my misses would probably watch football with me.......so lets agree to disagree:up:

Its all good.

The main thing I found disrespectful was this:

In your world football would still be played without the forward pass.........so why not call it rugby!

It seemed like you were scolding me without reason.

Synonyms of the word three –

I am a fan favorite of the first!

ménage a trois, ternary, ternion, third, triad, trichotomy, trilogy, trinity, trio, tripartition, triplet, triplets, triplex, triplicate, triplication, triplicity, triumvirate, trivium, troika

ménage a trois - literally translates as "household of three"

Synonyms of the word three –

I am a fan favorite of the first!

ménage a trois, ternary, ternion, third, triad, trichotomy, trilogy, trinity, trio, tripartition, triplet, triplets, triplex, triplicate, triplication, triplicity, triumvirate, trivium, troika

ménage a trois - literally translates as "household of three"

Of these, for Parcells, Ireland and Sparano, I like triad, trinity, triumvirate, and trivium, but since it is an option, I'll now call them the ménage a trois. :up:

Honestly, trifecta is a head-scratcher, but as we can see, people here like the word, and since language is created by human beings for human beings, society at large may eventually accept a change in the meaning of the word to accommodate them. Happens all the time, no big deal.

Funny how these things start, though.

For a post about how you should not post, to be posted this long and have so many posts discussing posting, this post has got to be the most effective non post post and not to mention it is the post season.

For a post about how you should not post, to be posted this long and have so many posts discussing posting, this post has got to be the most effective non post post and not to mention it is the post season.

Hmmm? You're right.....I think.

What about this kind?

clear.gif

Let's be honest: Trifecta has stuck, and Triumvirate never got a chance because people are generally dumb, overall.
The funny thing is that most of them don't know they're dumb, because they don't know what they don't know.

The simple/common word will usually win out with the masses...

Let's be honest: Trifecta has stuck, and Triumvirate never got a chance because people are generally dumb, overall.
The funny thing is that most of them don't know they're dumb, because they don't know what they don't know.

As it should. Why waste 4 syllables on something you can say with 1. These are the types of people that are spell checking their will on their death bed.

technically, i guess you can call it the post season, but in reality the post season is after the regular season. it's really the off season.:pop:

I find generally if you give anyone a chance they are not dumb, they just excel in different areas. While some might not grasp quantum physics or biochemistry the people who can usually need to call the people who can not to fix their plumbing, provide them with heat to survive or farm the food that keeps them alive.

No one person knows how to do everything and if he/she thinks they do then they already closed the door on learning so they have hindered their own development. :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom