Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta"

Who cares?!?

Do I really want to read "triumvirate" in the newspaper when refering to trifecta? No. I like trifecta and I am going to use trifecta. I know what that means and the whole world knows what it is.

Actually, that is where the problem really comes from.

The local sports writers are the clueless idi0ts who came up with that phrase to begin with because they are incapable of writing about legit sports issues in an intelligent, adult, responsible way.

Everything is either a joke, or a jab or some kind of idi0tic sophomoric 'insight'.

Name me ONE other NFL team where those three positions have any kind of asinine nickname.

This thread is proof positive that the off season has arrived.. lol

Actually, that is where the problem really comes from.

The local sports writers are the clueless idi0ts who came up with that phrase to begin with because they are incapable of writing about legit sports issues in an intelligent, adult, responsible way.

Everything is either a joke, or a jab or some kind of idi0tic sophomoric 'insight'.

Name me ONE other NFL team where those three positions have any kind of asinine nickname.
It's almost like they were implying that we didn't have anything else to look forward to at the time. Where other teams had star players, we had Bill Parcells. Sometimes I really wonder if any of the Dolphins writers actually like the Dolphins.

or even like pro football for that matter.

The NFL channel sometimes puts sportswriters from other cities on the air and it is very obvious that we have probably the worst, least knowledgable local sports media of any team.

That guy that went to work for yahoo on line was the best one. The guy with the funny goatee.

trifecta is from two words tri meaning three and perfecta = trifecta - 'The situation of having three major accomplishment, accomplishment or acheivment'.

You are correct.

Thus, as stated previously it is an 'accomplishment, accomplishment or acheivment' to have hired the three of Parcells, Ireland and Sparano!

It is an accomplishment when my little girl poops in the toilet but I don't call her "trifecta."

In addition, 'To decide which words to include in the dictionary and to determine what they mean, editors study the language as it's used. They carefully monitor which words people use most often and how they use them'.

Thus, to take this literally, I would conclude that at this moment in time, most people use the term 'trifecta' to define the three leaders of the Dolphins regime, Parcells, Ireland and Sparano!

As is in life words, terms and definitions progress past the times of the roman empire!

In your world football would still be played without the forward pass.........so why not call it rugby!

In my world you would not condescend to me simply because I have a pet peeve and posted it on a message board. :up:

**** I don't care about for 300, Alex.

Based on some of the responses to this thread it seems I have touched a nerve with several people in this forum. I am constantly amazed at the anger and vitriol displayed on fan message boards.

It is supposed to be fun to discuss your favorite team.

I actually kind of like this thread. It's a nice break from the monotony.

Back
Top Bottom