Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its "triumvirate" NOT "trifecta"

Based on some of the responses to this thread it seems I have touched a nerve with several people in this forum. I am constantly amazed at the anger and vitriol displayed on fan message boards.

It is supposed to be fun to discuss your favorite team.
Vitriol? The chemical?

And I used the word "I" for a reason. As in **** that I don't care about.

You are correct.

It is an accomplishment when my little girl poops in the toilet but I don't call her "trifecta."

In my world you would not condescend to me simply because I have a pet peeve and posted it on a message board. :up:

What if she ****s in the can three times in a row?

Would that be a Turdfecta?

While I agree that most people would rather get feedback on their opinion rather than hear from the grammar police I believe that people who use correct grammar are taken more seriously.

For example...

Are Miami Dolfins would be da best if the fo would get they're act togehter....how many games do we have to loose before they realize they're mistakes!We need are verzen of Andre Jonshon...i could care less if we draft another ofensive linman. Your crazy if you think thatz what their will do in april..

Nothing wrong with the opinion expressed above. However I would not consider the person who wrote that to be very smart and as a result I might give their opinion less weight.

Words have meaning...

We as a society( Finheaven) can make words up and change their meaning all the time..

I thought we called the the trifecta cause there was 3 ppl in invovled

Tri means 3...pretty much works for me..

Plus it kinda works too cause Parcells is a huge horse race fan...

Words have meaning...

We as a society( Finheaven) can make words up and change their meaning all the time..

I thought we called the the trifecta cause there was 3 ppl in invovled

Tri means 3...pretty much works for me..

Plus it kinda works too cause Parcells is a huge horse race fan...

I really appreciate responses like this. You don't have to agree with me in order for me to respect your opinion. I don't understand why so many fans on message boards are disrespectful.

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like if we said some of things that are said here in real life. Imagine you are at a party and you say, "I think the Dolphins should change their colors." It would be really bizarre if somebody walked up to you and said, "You are a moron! I cannot stand idiots like you who want to mess with tradition!!!"

BTW I do not want the Dolphins to change their colors. That was just an example.

I really appreciate responses like this. You don't have to agree with me in order for me to respect your opinion. I don't understand why so many fans on message boards are disrespectful.

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like if we said some of things that are said here in real life. Imagine you are at a party and you say, "I think the Dolphins should change their colors." It would be really bizarre if somebody walked up to you and said, "You are a moron! I cannot stand idiots like you who want to mess with tradition!!!"

BTW I do not want the Dolphins to change their colors. That was just an example.
i could see that happening. especially at a party. :lol:

You are correct.

It is an accomplishment when my little girl poops in the toilet but I don't call her "trifecta."

In my world you would not condescend to me simply because I have a pet peeve and posted it on a message board. :up:

too 'condescend', if your daughter had three poops, you could then call it the poop trifecta if she had never pooped b4 :lol:

To be honest, I think you are taking yourself a little too seriously mate. Enjoy life mate, maybe wear a sock with a hole in it, scruff your hair a little and dont always have your pubes with a middle parting.:lol:

too 'condescend', if your daughter had three poops, you could then call it the poop trifecta if she had never pooped b4 :lol:

To be honest, I think you are taking yourself a little too seriously mate. Enjoy life mate, maybe wear a sock with a hole in it, scruff your hair a little and dont always have your pubes with a middle parting.:lol:

Don't worry about me. I enjoy life plenty. I guess you don't have any pet peeves. Good for you. :up:

Back
Top Bottom