I've Lost that loving Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Lost that loving Feeley

whatsburning said:
Oh, you gotta love that Fee-eeley...Just keep on loooooving AAAAA-JJJJJJ-FEE-EEE-LEY....
AJ, shouldn't you be studying the playbook, coach Saban is gonna be crawling all up ad down your interception throwing arse!!!!!

touborg said:
the fact that he couldn't beat out Fiedler last year wasn't a good sign.

i have to disagree here.... he never got a chance to beat out Fiedler... Wannstedt was in bed with JF... he gave him most of the summer reps last year... and it hampered his progression, IMHO...

touborg said:
He's 28, he's been in this league for more than a decade.....

Not quite. His first year with Philly was 2001.

However, he won't get the slack of a rookie anymore, so he'd better show something at every opportunity.

brparkway said:
Not quite. His first year with Philly was 2001.

However, he won't get the slack of a rookie anymore, so he'd better show something at every opportunity.

Yea sorry, broken english got the best of me. Was supposed to say almost half a decade. Going to edit.

Double edit. Edited the first edit wrong so I re-edited . :)

so almost half a decade means about 4 yrs right? thats when most qbs start getting their chance too tho...just thought i would point that out

PressCoverage said:
i have to disagree here.... he never got a chance to beat out Fiedler... Wannstedt was in bed with JF... he gave him most of the summer reps last year... and it hampered his progression, IMHO...

I have to disagree with YOU. AJ got more first string reps than Jay got last year. Fans were upset b/c they thought AJ should have gotten them all. Jay played early in the season when the Oline was playing terrible. AJ got to play later in the season when the O-line was playing as good as it has played in awhile. Jay still put up a better QB rating, more TDs and less int. AJ AND Jay were learning a new system, so don't use that one. Jay clearly outplayed AJ and is a better QB.

Now this year, AJ lovers are saying AJ still should get the majority of the snaps. How?? AJ is the backup. Gus was brought in to be the starter. AJ is not some young rookie who we can gamble the future with. AJ is nearly as old as Gus. Why would we give him the starting position if Gus outplays him??

Let the best man win. If it IS AJ then fine, we will see where he takes us. But I really don't see any way that happens. But don't give me this "he is the future" load of crap. He is not some 22 year old rookie. Don't treat him like one.

Right and you probably think Josh Davis is a star now :rolleyes:

Until training camp starts none of this crap matters. It's just walk throughs to get accustomed to new schemes etc.

None of it matters until the pads come on and the pretenders fade.

tucker said:
so almost half a decade means about 4 yrs right? thats when most qbs start getting their chance too tho...just thought i would point that out

Actually I thought a decade was 5 years and he was drafted in 2000. Errors that come when communicating in your 3rd language =).

PressCoverage said:

That's probably true, even though you would think if Feeley really had it and showed it, even DW with his ship sinking, would get on board.

Saban cares about what you are doing now. And right now if your name is AJ Feeley you better be out there dominating your position. Not in a competition with the current list.

MonkeyDog said:
Realistically, I know how bad we were last year. Clearly Coach Saban makes moves for the good of the team while trying to help the individual, all of this within the constraints of the short and long term effects of the salary cap. Therefore, I think this mini camp was AJ Feeleys chance to show Saban what kind of a leader he could be. And from the reports there was very little improvement. And yes there are always excuses but other than a few passes against NE last season, he really has shown nothing. Time is not on any players side in the NFL, and I think Saban will waste little once he decides Feeley can't play up to the teams expectations. Coach is smart, he'll handle this situation strategically, this team is business now with no free rides.

As a side, I really want Feeley to silence his critics. However, I just can't see Saban tolerating Feeleys salary (whatever it is) when he can't even beat out Feidler or Ferotte in a mini camp.

The guy has never been known as a pracitce QB. It isn't about who plays best in MINI camp.

For all the people who are saying "it's just a mini-camp," remember last year when the offensive line couldn't do ANYthing against our defensive line in the mini-camp. That was a prelude of things to come last year.

Calgaryfin said:
The guy has never been known as a pracitce QB. It isn't about who plays best in MINI camp.

Agreed. But it is concerning if you cant hit recievers without pads in a 7 on 7.

shouright said:
For all the people who are saying "it's just a mini-camp," remember last year when the offensive line couldn't do ANYthing against our defensive line in the mini-camp. That was a prelude of things to come last year.
Good point! God I hope that it doesn't happen again. Funny thing is, this is the team Wanny would have loved, lots of RB talent and good defense.

Back
Top Bottom