J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board

Kinlaw could be Chris Jones or just a guy - really depends on his development. He feels like a gamble to me, though, and I don't love the idea of gambling on DT's. He does have the best upside in the class, though.

I'd much rather draft Jordan Elliott at 56 or 70. Great motor, uses his hands well, has good speed, and he was PFF's top-graded pass rusher at DT. I don't take their grades as Bible, but it's still a positive sign.

I think Brown is very good, and he'd fit what Miami wants from their DT's. I'd be good with him at 26, but I wouldn't like him at 18 for the reasons I mentioned, and he's currently rated in the Top 10. To me, he's kind of like a less-athletic Marcel Dareus but with a much better motor. Both of those qualifiers matter, and, assuming health, I think Brown will have the better, longer career, but I don't see him as a surefire All Pro.

I tend to gamble on positions that are hard to find......and when you hit on that gamble, the payoff is much greater than other positions. Dline is one of those. Lazy play and/or off the field are the gambles i tend to struggle with more than physical potential.

J, did you mention off the field concerns with Kinlaw? I vaguely remember something but then again it could be the quarantine craziness kicking in.

I tend to gamble on positions that are hard to find......and when you hit on that gamble, the payoff is much greater than other positions. Dline is one of those. Lazy play and/or off the field are the gambles i tend to struggle with more than physical potential.

J, did you mention off the field concerns with Kinlaw? I vaguely remember something but then again it could be the quarantine craziness kicking in.

As far as I remember, his character is viewed as a plus, growing up a solid young man despite a rough upbringing. I could be forgetting or misremembering,

As far as I remember, his character is viewed as a plus, growing up a solid young man despite a rough upbringing. I could be forgetting or misremembering,

Must have been someone else or about another player then. I had read about the tough upbringing, being homeless and all. Seems like his past has helped mold him to be a better person.

An issue with Jones is his age.

He is two years older than the other top OT's.

So Mr Mayweather's assertion that his "Best football is still ahead of him" is hardly a fact.And I am not sure he is a plug and play starter as a rookie either.

I like Jones in round 2, would be disappointed if they took him at 26.

An issue with Jones is his age.

He is two years older than the other top OT's.

So Mr Mayweather's assertion that his "Best football is still ahead of him" is hardly a fact.And I am not sure he is a plug and play starter as a rookie either.

I like Jones in round 2, would be disappointed if they took him at 26.

Agree with most of this, but I think he's likely to play early. He's not one of the players I'd target at 26, but I think there's a solid chance he's good enough to make the pick alright. I'm pretty close to the LZ's NFL list. Would love any of the Top 4 at 18. Would start looking at Jackson, Cleveland, and Wilson at 26. If Miami went Tua, Wirfs, Cleveland/Jackson, and Ruiz with 5, 18, 26, and 39, I wouldn't complain. Or the same thing but with Thomas at 18 and Wilson at 26.

I don't think Miami has go OL heavy to that extent, but there are worse options.

Next year’s OT class is possibly better than this years. Like 8 potential first rounders.

Plus, Trent Williams is still out there (longshot, I’m sure).

Hopefully we don’t reach out of need

I would love to add an OT this year and go for another one next year.

They need 2 OT's in my opinion.

I would be much happier with Jessie Davis playing RG than either OT.

They do not need to build the OL all in one go.They added Flowers and Karras in FA.They drafted Deiter last year.Add an OT and an IOL in this draft and see who the best 5 is of that group.Then after getting an idea of what you have you could target an OT next year to finish the job.

The two most important jobs on Miami's agenda should be QB and OL, but that does not mean you address them with no regard for other areas. Or that those are the 1st 2 picks you make. the best OT for them might be in R2 instead of R1.

Next year’s OT class is possibly better than this years. Like 8 potential first rounders.

Plus, Trent Williams is still out there (longshot, I’m sure).

Hopefully we don’t reach out of need

I agree - no need to reach. But, none of those players are reaches. WR, OT, and CB are the strengths of the class. Think you're right about the 2021 OT class, but I don't think Miami should pass on good players at a valuable and hard to find position. 2021 looks even better at WR, too. There will be points early in the 2020 Draft where OT and WR provide the best value. It'll likely also happen in 2021. This is great fortune for a team at the bottom with a lot of draft assets. You have all the opportunity in the world to surround your new QB with premium talent at premium positions - the positions that most directly impact his performance.

If you're talking forcing OT at 18 if the Top 4 are gone, I agree.

Agree with most of this, but I think he's likely to play early. He's not one of the players I'd target at 26, but I think there's a solid chance he's good enough to make the pick alright. I'm pretty close to the LZ's NFL list. Would love any of the Top 4 at 18. Would start looking at Jackson, Cleveland, and Wilson at 26. If Miami went Tua, Wirfs, Cleveland/Jackson, and Ruiz with 5, 18, 26, and 39, I wouldn't complain. Or the same thing but with Thomas at 18 and Wilson at 26.

I don't think Miami has go OL heavy to that extent, but there are worse options.
A little bit of overkill, but you'd have solved the offensive line woes that have haunted this franchise for so many years. So, yes, I would be okay with it. At the very least, I think Miami drafts a quality, starting caliber tackle.

I won't cry if that happens but I'm really want one of those top WR's in this class plus we need a RB.

I agree - no need to reach. But, none of those players are reaches. WR, OT, and CB are the strengths of the class. Think you're right about the 2021 OT class, but I don't think Miami should pass on good players at a valuable and hard to find position. 2021 looks even better at WR, too. There will be points early in the 2020 Draft where OT and WR provide the best value. It'll likely also happen in 2021. This is great fortune for a team at the bottom with a lot of draft assets. You have all the opportunity in the world to surround your new QB with premium talent at premium positions - the positions that most directly impact his performance.

If you're talking forcing OT at 18 if the Top 4 are gone, I agree.
I think there’s a balance between reach and protecting the Rd1 QB.
Whomever the QB at #5 - he cannot be asked to stand behind this garbage OL.
At #18- can understand passing on OT#5 but would consider Center Ruiz
At #26 - have to consider again Ruiz, Jones OT.
Also we should be on the phone with Washington for Trent Williams.

Back
Top Bottom