J-Off's 2024 DT's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
If we could trade down into later 1st round that would be ideal spot. I do like his fit on team.
Agree. He's one player I'm watching closely. Could even be a fit if Miami keeps Wilkins, as an Ogbah replacement and moving all over the place (linebacker, DT). But I also think those early picks are likely to go to the offense.

Agree. He's one player I'm watching closely. Could even be a fit if Miami keeps Wilkins, as an Ogbah replacement and moving all over the place (linebacker, DT). But I also think those early picks are likely to go to the offense.
I agree SF. We need some balance with draft picks. As much as I want offense I know we have needs on other side of the ball.

Thats the unrealistic part of mock drafts. Unfortunately we know at least to a point where players will get picked. Come draft day after combine. Who knows?

If we lose Wilkins we have to go DT high. We're going to need a top talent DT that can play high snap count right out the gate. Maybe then get a cheap FA to rotate.
I agree. That scenario would make it so hard to improve in other areas this year.

I agree. That scenario would make it so hard to improve in other areas this year.
Thats the truth. Unless we find trade down partner its going to be tough to fill spots we need. I believe their is talent in the void between 2nd and 5th round just have to figure out a way to get those picks back. Easier said then done .

Thats the truth. Unless we find trade down partner its going to be tough to fill spots we need. I believe their is talent in the void between 2nd and 5th round just have to figure out a way to get those picks back. Easier said then done .
Besides quarterbacks, I think the corner Mitchell is one to watch. If he's at 21, a team like SF could move up. They have a lot of picks and few needs.

If Kris Jenkins or Michael Hall are the 7th DT taken, they might be available with a hypothetical early 3rd from a trade down. Or at 55 -maybe. I'd have Tyreek sprint that pick down!

Pound for pound, Jenkins is probably the best run defender of the group - Sweat has a lot of pounds on him, though. Hall is in the conversation for best pass rushing DT in the class. Probably he, Taylor, and Newton - with Murphy probably having the highest ceiling as a pass rusher, but he's maybe a half step below that group right now as a pass rusher, and he's better vs the run than any of them.

I keep coming back to Brandon Dorlus, and I think he will play 3 or 5-tech at the next level. What a disrupter. Great get off, long arms, violent hands, sneaky agility, would love to add him to the DT room even if we keep Wilkins.

Back
Top Bottom