J-Off's 2024 DT's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
I keep coming back to Brandon Dorlus, and I think he will play 3 or 5-tech at the next level. What a disrupter. Great get off, long arms, violent hands, sneaky agility, would love to add him to the DT room even if we keep Wilkins.
Dorlus was 272 at the Senior Bowl.

He is not playing inside at that weight.

Taylor and, my guy, Marcus Harris are the bug fallers from yesterday. Harris is too small to be that slow, and Taylor's game is explosiveness.

Fiske showed amazing athleticism. Hard for me to bump him over the other guys (outside of Taylor), but he could move up a little.

Sweat didn't do great, but his weight was the real concern. Need him sub-350. 5.27 at 366 is relatively fast, so if he can get his weight down, he'll be fine in that regard. The concern is whether he'll do that.

Jenkins should probably get a bump. Think he'll hit the ground running maybe better than anyone in this class.

Taylor and, my guy, Marcus Harris are the bug fallers from yesterday. Harris is too small to be that slow, and Taylor's game is explosiveness.

Fiske showed amazing athleticism. Hard for me to bump him over the other guys (outside of Taylor), but he could move up a little.

Sweat didn't do great, but his weight was the real concern. Need him sub-350. 5.27 at 366 is relatively fast, so if he can get his weight down, he'll be fine in that regard. The concern is whether he'll do that.

Jenkins should probably get a bump. Think he'll hit the ground running maybe better than anyone in this class.
Sweat's comments were sort of concerning... he seems happy to play at his weight. I'm not sure he has the motivation to change his habits.
If he is going to try to play at 365, he's going to be a run-stop only kind of DT, and that'll be a shame. He could be better.

Sweat's comments were sort of concerning... he seems happy to play at his weight. I'm not sure he has the motivation to change his habits.
If he is going to try to play at 365, he's going to be a run-stop only kind of DT, and that'll be a shame. He could be better.

Yeeesh, I missed that. Need him around 340, so that is super concerning. Definitely dropping.

Yeeesh, I missed that. Need him around 340, so that is super concerning. Definitely dropping.
Yeah... I dont have the quote right in front of me... but he said something like... look at me; I'm just this big; it's my natural size...

Supposedly, he was jovial throughout this... and then went on to say, just watch how fast I run.

I read this as a carefree attitude and guys like this tend to not be the hard working ones.

Oh, I think he'll be OK... but I'm not sure he has the right attitude. I wouldn't rush to draft him.

Yeah... I dont have the quote right in front of me... but he said something like... look at me; I'm just this big; it's my natural size...

Supposedly, he was jovial throughout this... and then went on to say, just watch how fast I run.

I read this as a carefree attitude and guys like this tend to not be the hard working ones.

Oh, I think he'll be OK... but I'm not sure he has the right attitude. I wouldn't rush to draft him.
2 down NT, he has a place with a 3-4 team, but the value is not top 50.

Sweat ran the slowest 40 of the day.

Probably won't kill him, but it sure didn't help.
I don't care about the 40 time but his weight is going to be an issue.

You have to worry about stamina with how many snaps he can handle and the worry about what will happen to his weight after he gets paid.

I don't know if the NFL still allows weight clauses in contracts but he is a good candidate for one.

Day 1: T'vondre Sweat. Braden Fiske, Kris Jenkins
Day 2: Byron Murphy, Ruke Orhohoro, Jaden Crumedy, Maason Smith
Day 3: DeWayne Carter, Tyler Davis, Zion Logue, Leonard Taylor, Myles Murphy

Back
Top Bottom