5. Sedrick Van Pran - Georgia

6. Christian Mahogany - Boston College
7. Zach Frazier - West Virginia
8. Zach Zinter - Michigan

9. Beaux Limmer - Arkansas
10. Dominic Puni - Kansas
11. Drake Nugent - Michigan
12. Trevor Keegan - Michigan

Hopefully, we draft at least a couple of the guys on this list.

A little high for Van Pran for me, I’d be ok with it after a trade down.

For me, that 4-8 group is pretty close. I'm intentionally waiting to tier these, but my initial impression is Powers-Johnson looks special and worth a Top 20 pick, and he's in a tier by himself. I'm cautiously viewing Barton and Haynes as potential Top 40 picks, so they'd be the next tier, and 4-8 are guys I can see as high as 41-75 and as low as 76-100. But, I think there are some Day 1 starters in there.

Can anyone give a pro comparison for Jackson Powers-Johnson? Is he as highly regarded as Humphrey?

He's pretty comfortably the best pass and run blocker of the Centers and Guards - both in how it looks and his numbers. He was one of 4 IOL to allow zero sacks or QB hits on the season (Van Pran, Mahogany, Zinter), and no one was even close to him in QB hurries allowed (0.2%). Dane Brugler said it's hard to find bad tape on him, and I haven't seen it yet. He probably won't be quite as athletic as Humphrey, but I think overall he's right there. And, I absolutely wanted Miami to draft Humphrey. I believe Powers-Johnson is one of the youngest OL prospects, too (turned 21 in January). I don't knock guys for being older at OL - unless they're like 25 - but it's impressive to be so good so early.

Last edited:
I’m trying my hardest to like Barton but I just can’t, his technique is all over the place. Almost like a bull in a china shop. No all pros in this interior class IMHO but a lot of 10 year nfl players.

As of right now, #1 on this list is the most likely option with our first pick ... and there ain't nothin on earth wrong with that. He's so good and likely to be there that I'll be mad if they go IOL high and he isn't the pick.

I also like the Zachs at 7 & 8 so one of them in the 6th or 7th would be my consolation prize. But it better be PJ if its before then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom