J-Off's 2024 IOL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
J what are your thoughts on Matt Lee the center from Miami ?

I think he's very good and would be a nice late mid to late round pick for us

The UCF transfer (6-4, 295) was one of the leaders of the Miami Hurricanes offense in 2023. Lee finished the season with four pressures and zero quarterback pressures. Pro Football Focus graded Lee with an 89.1 pass-blocking grade (ranking fourth among all centers) and a 70.3 run-blocking grade
1707619983232.png

J what are your thoughts on Matt Lee the center from Miami ?

I think he's very good and would be a nice late mid to late round pick for us

The UCF transfer (6-4, 295) was one of the leaders of the Miami Hurricanes offense in 2023. Lee finished the season with four pressures and zero quarterback pressures. Pro Football Focus graded Lee with an 89.1 pass-blocking grade (ranking fourth among all centers) and a 70.3 run-blocking grade
View attachment 160367

I haven't focused on him at all. I see he's ranked just outside the Top 300 based on aggregate rankings, but it's early, and he could obviously rise some. I'll get back to you on my assessment of him, but on paper, he seems like a sensible dart throw for Miami in the 7th - given their lack of mid-round picks, their need to bolster the OL, and him playing college ball in Miami.

Curious to see who you guys would select if both JPJ and Mims are available at our pick?
JPJ is a surefire plug and play guy while Mims is not ready to be thrown out there yet.

But I would swing for the fences and take the OT.

Mims has the potential to be GREAT and Miami has the ability to bring him along slowly(at least until Armstead gets hurt).Mims was a LT in HS and has not played on the right side long enough to make me think he can't handle the left side.

I would prefer to trade back a bit if I am taking JPJ, but I would prefer to move back in general, every year, always. :chuckle:

I would not be unhappy if Miami landed either of these two or Grahman Barton in R1, JPJ and Barton would start right away and Mims would future proof the roster at one of the most important positions.

Morgan, Guyton and Fautanu would be targets if they trade back as well.

They really should be able to add a quality OL with their 1st pick.

Graham Barton Duke is interesting because he has experience apparently in playing different positions on o line.

Graham Barton Duke is interesting because he has experience apparently in playing different positions on o line.
Barton can play anywhere along the OL.

He lacks the arm length teams prize at OT but his strong hands and good feet allow him to play there anyway.

He is likely ticketed for a move inside and C is not out of the question. The plan was to play him some at C at the Senior Bowl but he bailed due to injury concerns so we did not get to see him there.

Barton can play anywhere along the OL.

He lacks the arm length teams prize at OT but his strong hands and good feet allow him to play there anyway.

He is likely ticketed for a move inside and C is not out of the question. The plan was to play him some at C at the Senior Bowl but he bailed due to injury concerns so we did not get to see him there.
Thanks brother. Arm length is imperative as tackle. Good info.

Curious to see who you guys would select if both JPJ and Mims are available at our pick?

Agree with jimthefin and kebo that Mims is probably too talented and too good (even in a tiny sample) to pass up. Both guys will at least be Top 20, but Mims has Top 10 talent, so he has room to move up. Powers-Johnson is pretty set where he is.

I am not getting too attached to the idea of landing Mims at #21.

I think he will move up a bit after the Combine when teams get to see how freaking big he is up close.

Lack of experience is the only negative as he is one of those Bill Parcells "walking the Earth" guys you have to take.

And, I absolutely wanted Miami to draft Humphrey.

I remember A LOT fans here pounded the table for Creed Humphrey, and especially so at the #42 pick. I still cannot believe they didn't take him there and opted for Eich.

Man, how good that 2021 draft would look right about now had it actually went Waddle at 6, Phillips at 18, Holland at 36, then Humphrey at 42.

I really was hoping for Tyler Linderbaum in 2022, too, but the Dolphins didn't have the ammo after their other moves.

Back
Top Bottom