J-Off's 2024 IOL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Calling him the "ideal left guard prospect for Miami" is a bit hyperbolic. I prefer Haynes from UConn for sure.As well as a few of the tweener OT's.

Late 3rd at the highest for Mahogany but it will depend on how many OT's are drafted as OG's.

Calling him the "ideal left guard prospect for Miami" is a bit hyperbolic. I prefer Haynes from UConn for sure.As well as a few of the tweener OT's.

Late 3rd at the highest for Mahogany but it will depend on how many OT's are drafted as OG's.
We'll see. Mahogany is highly thought of by scouts.

A bit rough in technique, but I think Layden Robinson has high upside potential. NFL strength is already there.

I agree here Jim, just finished watching a few hundred reps on him because of our apparent interest in him.

Imo this is not a 2nd round talent, 5th round ok but no way in the 2nd.

I would be very surprised if he went before Day 3, but it only takes one.

If Belichcik was still coaching he might be a 1st rounder. :chuckle:

J what are your thoughts on Matt Lee the center from Miami ?

I think he's very good and would be a nice late mid to late round pick for us

The UCF transfer (6-4, 295) was one of the leaders of the Miami Hurricanes offense in 2023. Lee finished the season with four pressures and zero quarterback pressures. Pro Football Focus graded Lee with an 89.1 pass-blocking grade (ranking fourth among all centers) and a 70.3 run-blocking grade
View attachment 160367

He had the highest RAS score as a Center in the combine:

MATT.png

In reference to Centers.

JPJ/Frazier and VAn Pran.

What, if any drop off in talent is there from say JPJ to Van Pran.

Compared to a drop off from say Mims to Paul Or that tackle from Yale?

I know it may be subjective.

But when I do my mocks I always go like Mims/Van Pran or JPJ and Paul.

I know its a mock and not too realistic.

But if we had the opportunity. For our offense. Which combination would be the best overall talent wise?

JPJ/Paul Or Yale Tackle
Mims/ Van Pran
Frazier Beebe
Barton/ Van Pran

Or, any combination of the above. Is the talent that good that any combination of say the top 70 talent would be a great fit for our team?

Thanks for anytime taken to help GRYPHONKS lack of college knowledge lol.

In reference to Centers.

JPJ/Frazier and VAn Pran.

What, if any drop off in talent is there from say JPJ to Van Pran.

Compared to a drop off from say Mims to Paul Or that tackle from Yale?

I know it may be subjective.

But when I do my mocks I always go like Mims/Van Pran or JPJ and Paul.

I know its a mock and not too realistic.

But if we had the opportunity. For our offense. Which combination would be the best overall talent wise?

JPJ/Paul Or Yale Tackle
Mims/ Van Pran
Frazier Beebe
Barton/ Van Pran

Or, any combination of the above. Is the talent that good that any combination of say the top 70 talent would be a great fit for our team?

Thanks for anytime taken to help GRYPHONKS lack of college knowledge lol.

I'd take the Top 5 OT's + Fautanu ahead of Jackson Powers-Johnson.

I'd take the Top 5 OT's + Fautanu ahead of Jackson Powers-Johnson.

See, although I prefer JPJ, I can atleast respect or understand taking a tackle like Mims.

However, what I don't want to happen is Miami believing they can trade down to get an extra pick and settle on the next tier player.

For instance, JPJ or Mims is on the board but we get a hypothetical offer from say Detroit for 29 and 61.

I don't like the thinking of, well Morgan or Barton are good options to fall back on plus we can get another solid player.

I always say there's a reason why JPJ may not last to 21 and Van Pran will be available at 55.

Of course, Van Pran could turn out to be the best Center. We don't know.

But I don't want to go in not taking the best option and hoping the next level.guys pan out.

I don't want another Austin Jackson or Creed Humphrey scenario. Jackson's OK, but if we were just willing to trade a 3rd, we could have had Wirfs.
Same with Eichenberg. We decided to trade a 3rd to trade up for Eichenberg. We took him over Humphrey, probably for the sam e reason some say you DONT take a C in the 1st round because it's not a premium position. So Miami drafted the tackle over the C.

Imagine how diferrent this team is, right now with Wirfs and Humphrey.

So, if Mims or JPJ are there I don't care really about picking up a 2nd or 3rd. You take the best.

I would hate to trade down, then draft a guy like Barton only to see him be a decent linemen, meanwhile JPJ goes on to a hall of fame career lol.

Of course, if they are gone, by all means trade away.

So, if JPJ and Mims are there, I'm taking JPJ. However, I will be ecstatic if Mims is the pick.

I will cry if either Mims or JPJ are there at 21 and we trade down lol

Back
Top Bottom