J-Off's 2024 IOL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
See, although I prefer JPJ, I can atleast respect or understand taking a tackle like Mims.

However, what I don't want to happen is Miami believing they can trade down to get an extra pick and settle on the next tier player.

For instance, JPJ or Mims is on the board but we get a hypothetical offer from say Detroit for 29 and 61.

I don't like the thinking of, well Morgan or Barton are good options to fall back on plus we can get another solid player.

I always say there's a reason why JPJ may not last to 21 and Van Pran will be available at 55.

Of course, Van Pran could turn out to be the best Center. We don't know.

But I don't want to go in not taking the best option and hoping the next level.guys pan out.

I don't want another Austin Jackson or Creed Humphrey scenario. Jackson's OK, but if we were just willing to trade a 3rd, we could have had Wirfs.
Same with Eichenberg. We decided to trade a 3rd to trade up for Eichenberg. We took him over Humphrey, probably for the sam e reason some say you DONT take a C in the 1st round because it's not a premium position. So Miami drafted the tackle over the C.

Imagine how diferrent this team is, right now with Wirfs and Humphrey.

So, if Mims or JPJ are there I don't care really about picking up a 2nd or 3rd. You take the best.

I would hate to trade down, then draft a guy like Barton only to see him be a decent linemen, meanwhile JPJ goes on to a hall of fame career lol.

Of course, if they are gone, by all means trade away.

So, if JPJ and Mims are there, I'm taking JPJ. However, I will be ecstatic if Mims is the pick.

I will cry if either Mims or JPJ are there at 21 and we trade down lol
I’d be ok trading down and taking Kris Jenkins at 29 to replace Wilkins. Then take Beebe or Zinter in the second to play guard. That way you can draft Jerry Rice’s kid at 61. Tackle can wait one more year.

I’d be ok trading down and taking Kris Jenkins at 29 to replace Wilkins. Then take Beebe or Zinter in the second to play guard. That way you can draft Jerry Rice’s kid at 61. Tackle can wait one more year.
I don't see Zinter or Beebe being good fits for the outside zone scheme Miami runs.

They are both phone booth, mauler, short area types for me.

Wouldn't be surprised if Miami replaced Wilkins with a bigger DT (in terms of what they prioritize) and they went with cheaper, smaller options to replace Wilkins' disruption.

I do think Jenkins is a fit in just about any defense. I wouldn't go DT in a class that's stronger at OL, though.

I think both can move well, and Beebe tested great. I wonder if Miami would look at Beebe as a Center, because he does have 31.5" arms.
I ws surprised by Beebe showing some athleticism at the Combine.

Not sure he showed it on the field though.

Of the two he would be the better gamble than Zinter.

I don't think we will see the team draft a pure OG with either of their early picks.

I ws surprised by Beebe showing some athleticism at the Combine.

Not sure he showed it on the field though.

Of the two he would be the better gamble than Zinter.

I don't think we will see the team draft a pure OG with either of their early picks.
I’m not sure. There is some buzz that they like Barton. Maybe they think he can play tackle, but he didn’t look like he could play there at the NFL level to me. He looks like strictly an interior guy.

I’m not sure. There is some buzz that they like Barton. Maybe they think he can play tackle, but he didn’t look like he could play there at the NFL level to me. He looks like strictly an interior guy.
I think that despite the shorter arms Barton could play OT in the NFL but he would likely be a better IOL than a OT.

I have no problem with Barton as player I just think #21 is too rich.

Trade down a bit, pick up a 3rd and take the guy I won't complain.

I think that despite the shorter arms Barton could play OT in the NFL but he would likely be a better IOL than a OT.

I have no problem with Barton as player I just think #21 is too rich.

Trade down a bit, pick up a 3rd and take the guy I won't complain.
He looked overmatched at tackle to me. He definitely looks like a better run blocker than pass blocker as well.

The more I examine this year's Center crop, the more I think that very few of these guys belong in a zone based system... other than Barton and a couple of the late round guys, I think this year's crop has gap blocking written all over it.
This is a nasty, punch you in the nuts, group of phone booth players.

I saw a bunch of sawed-off thick players... guys more suited to the 60s and 70s than today.

Just watched Puni vs TX and was impressed with his game. Walled dudes off, got out in space and hit targets, looked very strong…would not be mad if he was a Day 2 pick for the Fins
Puni is one of my sleepers for sure.

Probably best at G but he has the length and tested well enough to possibly make it at OT.

He seems to be projected by most as a mid to late 3rd guy.

Back
Top Bottom