J-Off's 2024 RB's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Depends on whether they think Achane will develop into an every down back, McDaniel rarely ran him inside the tackles.
I think he had a 29 carry game, or something like that in college. Against LSU maybe.

But, I think 15 touches a game is more realistic. I do think he'll become more of a threat in the passing game as well.

I just don't think he's a guy you want running between the tackles that often.

I think he had a 29 carry game, or something like that in college. Against LSU maybe.

But, I think 15 touches a game is more realistic. I do think he'll become more of a threat in the passing game as well.

I just don't think he's a guy you want running between the tackles that often.

We need that guy, we need someone we can hand the ball of to and trust to consistently get 4-5 yards on first down or pick up a first down on 3rd down.
Consistently asking your backs to run 10-15 yards east and west on a toss to pick up short yardage is not the way to go.

We need that guy, we need someone we can hand the ball of to and trust to consistently get 4-5 yards on first down or pick up a first down on 3rd down.
Consistently asking your backs to run 10-15 yards east and west on a toss to pick up short yardage is not the way to go.

5-10 years ago, I would have rated Davis ahead of Wright, but speed is so important for RB's. If you don't have elite speed, you better have elite burst. Davis is more built to handle a full workload, but he probably won't be efficient enough to ever receive one.

Efficiency is key. The ability to get through the hole before it closes and to turn 10-yard runs into 50-yard runs is what drives efficiency. Obviously, it's not the only thing, or Wright would be ranked as RB2 at worst, but no single trait is more important for a RB.

What is the knock on Frank Gore Jr? He looks like he's built just like his Dad. With Mostert and Achane, we have quality speed at RB, but to complement them, I'd like a big, tough physical RB.

If we can draft one of these good RB's in the 6th or 7th round that might make sense since Wilson might be a salary cap casualty and Mostert gets injured frequently and he might not be here past next year.

Kendall Milton from Georgia could be a nice 7th round option. He has good size at 6'1 225 lbs and his 40 time was decent at 4.62. We need a more physical RB not another speedster.

Back
Top Bottom