J-Off's Mocks Based on Consensus Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Mocks Based on Consensus Rankings

Yep, got to get the quarterback right. Not discounting Rosen yet, but I'd still draft one high. If Miami isn't in a position to take Tua, Herbert or Burrow why not take two?

Love has a lit of upside, but not sure he's ready to contribute right away. I like Fromm, but he'll be dinged for not being the athlete some of the others are.
I'm not a fan of Fromm or Love......I'd rather have Eason than those two tbh

I would double down on QBs. I think Tua and Burrow will be gone. I’d take Herbert and Eason. Rosen, Herbert and Eason battle it out.

Would be upset if we went oline that high. While it’s a major need, you should be able to find quality olinemen in 2nd and 3rd rounds not to mention we have 130 million to bring in more proven guys in free agency. In the 1st I want either Tua or Burrows, only other consolation would be chase young but then you better trade out of the 1st with one of 2nd and 3rd 1st rounders to get firepower for a qb next year. If we get a qb with 1st pick then I’d like to see one of the top cb’s/edge rusher wouldn’t even be mad with Swift or Taylor at rb. Would be okay with a linebacker as well.

What do you think of Grant Delpit if he falls to the Steelers pick? Think he’s a little bit better prospect than Minkah if we can get Delpit for the Minkah pick think that’d be a win.

My thinking is - and I believe Awsi was the first person on the board to highlight this - that your best shot at hitting on a QB is in the 1st, and after Tua, all of them have a significant chance of falling short of what you want. Most important position, so I'm taking my best swing at it.

I think I was also the first to say in the first few weeks of the season that Burrow would be a high first round pick...if he maintained the astronomical YPA. He has done that. I still don't fully trust him. That type of numerical switch is so bizarre it is not applicable. He is completing 79% of his passes. Last year it was 58%. That is not full the player. Something is enabling it. I don't know how you assign 79% toward the NFL.

Tua, on the other hand, is almost identical to last season in all the important categories...completion percentage, YPA, TD/INT ratio and passer rating are within pinky distance of 2018. The only difference is yards per game which is higher because he is forced to play more minus the quick blowouts of last season.

If the Dolphins continue to screw up and win games they are in unenviable position of needing the rest of the early-pickiing league to succumb to Happy Adjuster mode and devalue Tua while elevating Burrow and anyone else who throws nice spirals at the combine, etc.

Tua would absolutely be a standalone. With anyone else I'm taking multiple swings.

I don't know what's going on with Jordan Love. After attending that Canes/Pittsburgh game I was eventually back to the hotel and watching Utah State/Air Force late at night. That was a joke. One good pass. That's basically what it was. The announcers were left to rave about one good pass all night.

Give me version 1 as well except I’m not drafting CJ Henderson. He avoids contact so often that Flores would probably bench him by mid season.

There would be lots of talent left at the end of round 1. I’d take BPA. Could be an elite RB or WR there stating at you. Otherwise I’m staring down pass rushers bc we need them badly.

It makes me nearly sick looking at your first option because I dont think its obtainable now. I do like the second mock as well. I like matching up Fromm with another QB that has elite traits. Herbert and Love would be those options. I wanted Love to be the guy but Herbert maybe the smarter play. I think Fromm could start day one and Herbert and Love could sit a year.

Originally I wasnt too high on drafting two QBs but I have definitely come around to it. I can get my cake and eat it too with the second option. Start Fromm day one so I dont have to see Rosen and Fitzpatrick while having Herbert or Love sit a year which is probably best for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I was also the first to say in the first few weeks of the season that Burrow would be a high first round pick...if he maintained the astronomical YPA. He has done that. I still don't fully trust him. That type of numerical switch is so bizarre it is not applicable. He is completing 79% of his passes. Last year it was 58%. That is not full the player. Something is enabling it. I don't know how you assign 79% toward the NFL.

Tua, on the other hand, is almost identical to last season in all the important categories...completion percentage, YPA, TD/INT ratio and passer rating are within pinky distance of 2018. The only difference is yards per game which is higher because he is forced to play more minus the quick blowouts of last season.
Tagfrankviola has been in the same system for three years.

Last year was Burrow's first in a new system.

Tagfrankviola has been in the same system for three years.

Last year was Burrow's first in a new system.

You realize that Alabama has had three different offensive coordinators in the last three years?

And that there's a massive difference between last year's system under Michael Locksley and this year's system under Steve Sarkisian? As in, like a night and day difference?

You realize that Alabama has had three different offensive coordinators in the last three years?

And that there's a massive difference between last year's system under Michael Locksley and this year's system under Steve Sarkisian? As in, like a night and day difference?
That's not even remotely true.

Bama has had a different offense every year.
Yes, I'm sure the offense changes dramatically with a different OC, despite having many of the same players and the same head coach.

It's totally the same as going from Ohio State to LSU.

Yes, I'm sure the offense changes dramatically with a different OC, despite having many of the same players and the same head coach.

It's totally the same as going from Ohio State to LSU.

Well I guess all miami has to do is draft all Burrow's teammates on offense and his offensive coordinator since he cant adapt to new players. Using this logic.

Back
Top Bottom