S

1. Brian Branch - Alabama * Top 40
2. Sydney Brown - Illinois * 41-75
3. Daniel Scott - California * 76-100
4. Jartavius Martin - Illinois * 76-100
5. Jordan Battle - Alabama * 76-100

* these are Miami-specific

Last edited:
Always appreciate your great work on the draft. I see it's Miami specific, which really makes it more meaningful.

A couple of surprises for me. Kraft over Washington. I do love Kraft's upside. Hull as your number three running back. Maybe Banks as the top corner for Miami, but I can see it.

I get Witherspoon. He is tiny. I don’t get the diss on Antonio Johnson. He is my S1.

I like it. It's a bit different than in the years past. Perhaps it shows some adjustment to scouting approach over the years. The list still contains a lot of consensus picks but also a lot of the rankings differ from the consensus.
I suppose those are top 55 players in some order?

No Zay Flowers
No Antonio Johnson
No Myles Murphy

:shrug:

Not sure how Flowers would fit in Miami. Tbh I could see him going either way in general, but I like Downs better if they were to look at another little guy.

I was pretty excited about Johnson and Murphy heading into 2022, but imo they never took that step forward. I like Johnson's teammate, Jaylon Jones, better and think he could play Safety. Have him at CB, but if I switched him to Safety, he'd be right in front of or right behind Brown. I don't like the Safety class much.

What are your favorite qualities of Murphy and Johnson?

Always appreciate your great work on the draft. I see it's Miami specific, which really makes it more meaningful.

A couple of surprises for me. Kraft over Washington. I do love Kraft's upside. Hull as your number three running back. Maybe Banks as the top corner for Miami, but I can see it.

Appreciate you, SF! I should have Banks and Gonzalez 1 and 1a. Slight edge to Banks for his demeanor and explosiveness.

Hull to me is probably a better runner than he gets credit for. He was that NW offense, and I think that hurt his efficiency. Opposing D's didn't have a much else to worry about. But, I think his ability as a receiver, his size, and his athleticism give him a combination of tools that looks good next to a somewhat disappointing group of RB's. For a different team and scheme, I'd rank Charbonnet ahead of him. For some teams, I'd rank Spears ahead of Hull and Achane.

Kraft, Washington, and LaPorta are all close for me. I just think Kraft is a little more fluid with the ball in his hands and more nuanced as a receiver. To me, though, those are the clear Top 3.

Some hot takes here for sure.

Tune over McKee, Hull over a whole bunch of guys. Johnson and Skoronski at 4 and 5 of your OT's. Abdullah and Pappoe 2 and 3 of LB's.

No Devon Witherspoon?

Bold my friend. :UP:

I love Clayton Tune. I see a guy who knows what he's doing, does the right thing at a very high clip, has the necessary arm talent (not a rocket but can make some sick throws and stronger than some NFL starters), and he's a playmaker with very good athleticism. I also appreciate how experienced he is and how much it shows in his poise.

The OT's are all in the same tier for me, so there's not a lot separating them.

Yasir Abdullah is a dog. He's a bit of a projection at LB, but he's underrated in coverage - very alert, and he can carry RB's and TE's with ease. He gets a bump, because he can rush the passer, too. Pappoe is just a really solid player. Not as big as Simpson, but he's faster and plays with better instincts imo. Like OT, though, I have these LB's in the same tier.

Witherspoon is a little tough. He does some things really well, but I wonder if he's best as a Slot in the NFL. We'll see how he runs this week, but I don't think he projects to an outside CB who thrives in man coverage, which is what he was at Illinois. I almost want to move him to Safety, but he's like 180. Feel like these other CB's have skillsets that translate better to the NFL.

Thanks, jimthefin! 🥂

I like it. It's a bit different than in the years past. Perhaps it shows some adjustment to scouting approach over the years. The list still contains a lot of consensus picks but also a lot of the rankings differ from the consensus.
I suppose those are top 55 players in some order?

Not necessarily. I'll go back and put how I'd tier each player to highlight where they stack up for me.

Appreciate you, SF! I should have Banks and Gonzalez 1 and 1a. Slight edge to Banks for his demeanor and explosiveness.

Hull to me is probably a better runner than he gets credit for. He was that NW offense, and I think that hurt his efficiency. Opposing D's didn't have a much else to worry about. But, I think his ability as a receiver, his size, and his athleticism give him a combination of tools that looks good next to a somewhat disappointing group of RB's. For a different team and scheme, I'd rank Charbonnet ahead of him. For some teams, I'd rank Spears ahead of Hull and Achane.

Kraft, Washington, and LaPorta are all close for me. I just think Kraft is a little more fluid with the ball in his hands and more nuanced as a receiver. To me, though, those are the clear Top 3.
That all makes sense. I will have to watch more of Hull.

I also agree with your take on Kraft. There's a lot to get excited about watching his game. Washington looks a little like a plodder as a receiver, but then he went off at the combine.

I'd be happy with any of your top 5 at tight end.

After watching Tune a little more, I have an old-school comp...Rich Gannon.

Would love your take on Keion White, who seems to fit that versatile DL that the Dolphins are sniffing around.

That all makes sense. I will have to watch more of Hull.

I also agree with your take on Kraft. There's a lot to get excited about watching his game. Washington looks a little like a plodder as a receiver, but then he went off at the combine.

I'd be happy with any of your top 5 at tight end.

After watching Tune a little more, I have an old-school comp...Rich Gannon.

Would love your take on Keion White, who seems to fit that versatile DL that the Dolphins are sniffing around.

I like that comp. Lots of similarities.

Not sure how Flowers would fit in Miami. Tbh I could see him going either way in general, but I like Downs better if they were to look at another little guy.

I was pretty excited about Johnson and Murphy heading into 2022, but imo they never took that step forward. I like Johnson's teammate, Jaylon Jones, better and think he could play Safety. Have him at CB, but if I switched him to Safety, he'd be right in front of or right behind Brown. I don't like the Safety class much.

What are your favorite qualities of Murphy and Johnson?
Murphy and Foskey are 2 of my favorite DEs. The thing that they have in common is that first step quickness. They also have that length and weight. DE is not just turning the corner. You also have to be able to set the edge and play the run.

Johnson also has the length and weight. He is very smooth in his movements. He is also very physical, big hitter, sure tackler. He isn’t the best at man to man, but he should be very good in zone, which is what Fangio mostly runs.

Back
Top Bottom